First Snow, First Kiss

Love Locked Down

        Being at the Namsan Tower, watching all those bright citylights under him, the gentle fall of the first snow making the air chilly and those lovelocks adorning his surroundings, Baekhyun floats with the idea of love that comes with all of them. He can’t help but think how unfortunate he is for not having to experience it himself yet. Having done his best to work his off when he’s got no classes as a courier delivery man just to add support to himself aside from the allowance his parents are giving him to remain studying at his elite university. Having surrounded by all the flashy things, even the bulliest and iest people he can ever think of, he had learned to mingle with all the likes of them. He only had to live for himself anyway so he doesn’t really give a damn. But then he do hopes to find an elite love of his life who will surely make his life easier, just that no, his life is definitely not a fairytale in the making, boohoo!! He had several crushes, but none of them was able to reciprocate his feeling yet he also had plenty of admirers (so be it girls or boys, it doesn’t matter coz he believes he’s hot enough to attract both) but none of them made Baekhyun’s heart skip a beat. Looking back to that, he’d be lying if he won’t admit he’s now kind of regretting how he turned down all those chances that might have lead him to his kind of elite dream love if only he was brave enough to take the risk. He has always wanted to change his status from single into taken yet he's so picky when it comes to his standards, damn ideal standards.

He was so immersed on his thoughts that he didn’t even noticed a guy running his way, and the moment he turned around, the stranger ended up bumping him instead of running past him. They collided so hard that he came tumbling back and almost fall on his if not for the quick hands that grabbed his arms and pulled him upright.

“Oh dear, I’m so sorry, are you okay?” said the stranger’s deep voice, his brooding eyes connecting with Baekhyun’s squinting ones.

Slightly irritated by the stranger’s clumsiness (there’s no way he will admit it was sort of his fault too) Baekhyun glared at his offender only to hold his breath. Somehow, Baekhyun’s left slack-jawed,coz the person in front of him looks so God-like. From his blond locks, thick eyebrows, his pointed nose and small lips, his perfect chin and jawline, those long legs ang goddamnit, those piercing eyes which made him felt like the stranger can actually see through his soul coz he swears he can see the genuine concern on his face. Except that the guy is only wearing a plain whit shirt under a denim jacket paired with black ripped jeans. Too casual for Baekhyun's liking despite his oh-so-perfect face.

"Are you okay?" the blond repeats, and that is when Baekhyun finally got to pull himself together coz what the , did he just felt like bewitched for a moment there? So much for a first impression..

"I'm fine" comes his simple reply, trying to shake off the little tingle he felt where the stranger's hand connected.

The blond seeing he didn't cause Baekhyun so much trouble then started to survey the ground looking for something. Baekhyun watched the stranger's face lit up soon as he spotted what he was looking for, picking up a lovelock that he apparently dropped when he bumped into him.

"Oh, a lovelock? Maybe he'll wish for he and his girlfriend's love to last forever", he thinks to himself. It was supposed to ba a romantic thought yet he felt a strange twinge instead and Baekhyun shakes off himself some more coz that was definitely an odd reaction.

The stranger finds an artificial tree to put his lovelock on and Baekhyun laughs internally at the sight. The tall stranger tiptoeing some more to put his lovelock a feet higher than he already is.

"Why do you have to put is so high?" he can't help but ask.

"Maybe the Gods will grant those locks first which are closer to the heavens" comes the stranger's serious reply.

Baekhyun gaped at that coz he thinks it's silly and kind of sweet too if he'd be honest. He can never took this stranger to be the romantic type just by looking at him and yet his reasoning tells him otherwise.

"Wow, this guy's a silly sweetiepie, just too bad that he's already taken" he thinks to himself.

As the stranger clasps his own hand, tucks them under his chin and closes his eyes like he's silently uttering his wishes and prayers to the heavens through his lovelock, Baekhyun took the opportunity to stare at the stranger's side profile and can't help but admire the beauty he's looking at.

"Stop you fool, he might seem like 'your type', someone you can flaunt proudly but obviously, he's not exactly the type who can take you to the the glamorous world you've always been dreaming of" his inner voice says. Baekhyun let out a sigh at that and started to walk away with a heavy heart. He's gone not too far when he suddenly felt a hand grip his arm.

"Hey, would you like to have some coffee?" the stranger offers.

Baekhyun doesn't know why but he just can't say no to him...

            Apparently, said stranger is actually sort of out of money to even take Baekhyun to a decent cafe so they ended up getting coffee through the vending machine and they sitted down the floor together, watching the snow falling on the ground.

"Sorry, i kind of realized it late that i doesn't have enough money for two coz i just paid for my rent", explains the stranger, clearly embarrased to which Baekhyun just chuckles.

"It's ok, it's not that bad. Just make sure you're already capable next tie you invite me", he teases.

The stranger flushes, his cheeks turning pink in embarassment and Baekhyun finds it cute.

"I'm Kris by the way", the stranger smiles and offers his hand to Baekhyun for a handshake.

"Baekhyun" he replies, taking the stranger's hand on his own, slightly amused how bigger it is than his own not to mention how warm it was too.

"You're still a student?" Kris asks.

"Yup, and you?" Baek asks back.

"I'm on my last year now. I can only be too relieved to finally get my diploma soon, it was so hard to study and work at the same time", Kris laments.

"You're working as what? Wait, let me guess. A freelance model maybe?" Baek replies, half serious.

Kris laughed at that. His gummy smile flashing and eyes crinkling in amusement.

"I wish, but no, i work as a staff at the guidance councilor's office in my school. I get allowances just enough to keep me alive." Kris half jokes.

Baekhyun silently grimaces at that because no, that's another reason to cross out Kris from his prospect list, sadly. Not that he's underestimating Kris but he too is a working student so he knows what difficulties goes with it. That is also the reason why he promised to himself to find someone who will be able make his life batter. As practical at it may sound, still, Baekhyun prefers someone who will truly make him fall, not just by their bank accounts.

Baekhyun suddenly stands up and pats the dust off his . Glancing st his clock and , he can't miss the last trip of the bus coz taxi is too expensive damnit.

"I have to go now, i still have homeworks to be done" he lies.

Kris stands up as well, dumping their coffee cans in the trash.

"I'll walk you to the bus stop" he says.

                      The walk to the bus stop is awkwardly quiet, the snow silently pouring on them with the cold breeze seeping in with it, making Baekhyun shiver. Kris noticed and took his own jacket off to drape it over Baekhyun. He was startled with Kris' gesture at first but mumbled a silent thanks nonetheless. They sit there in silence while waiting for the bus to arrive when suddenly, a car stops in front of them. The window opened and a guy with blond hair and milky white skin comes in view.

"Hey Baekhyun, you going home? Want me to drop you off?" said the guy as he flashes a sweet smile and a wink to Baekhyun.

It was Kim Joonmyun, Baekhyun's class president slash heir to the Kim famiy oil refinery who owns a few shopping malls who happens to be Baekhyun's persistent suitor too who just won't give up on him no matter how many times he had already drive him away.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, not liking the idea of having himself confined with Joonmyun on his car no matter how fab it was.

"C'mmon, i'll drive you home", Joonmyun offers.

Baekhyun shivers coz no matter how rich Joonmyun is, he's nothing but a bloody stalker who irritates Baekhyun to the core.

"No thanks Joonmyun, i can manage myself, thank u " comes his cold reply.

"C'mmon Baek, don't play hard to get now will you? It's late already, and looking at how beautiful you are, it's not safe to travel alone."

"Who says i'm alone? Can't you see i got company?" Baekhyun turns to Kris, his eyes begging the other to play along.

"And so i see, who is he anyway?" Joonhyun said, looking at Kris from head to toe in sarcasm.

"This is Kris.." Baekhyun suddenly reach for Kris' hand to hold it on his own just before he finishes his sentence with "..my boyfriend""

Kris' eyes widened in shock and confusion but thank heavens that he finally decided to take pity on Baekhyun and play along with him. Scooting closer, he drape his arm over Baekhyun's shoulders and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Are you kidding me? He's absolutely not your type Baekhyun, i know you enough to be sure of that.", Joonmyun sarcastically replies.

"Think you know me huh? Well you better think again then.."

"So like how long have you been together? I'm pretty sure i haven't seen him fetch you at school, not even once. But he do looks familiar though." 

Joonmyun frowns so deep as he tried to dig in his memories where he's seen Kris and not even a minute  pass before he snaps.

"Oh i remember now, you're that assitant guy at the guidance councilor's office!! I wonder what our school has seen in you to let you even qualify" he mocks.

Baekhyun, seeing all these unfold in front of him can't believe what he's hearing coz what? Kris attends the same school with him? Why can't he even remember passing him by along campus? He's not the type of kid turning into some teacher's pain in the and so that's why he has never been called to the guidance councilor's office anyway. What does Kris major at? So he was actually his senior, and did he really just introduces Kris as his boyfriend just to save his ? Baekhyun wnats to slam his head down to get some sense back to it coz he has a feeling he just screwed himself up instead, dammit. Too dissolve on his own thoughts, Baekhyun didn't even notice that the bus has alreday arrived until he felt Kris tugging him to stand and walks him to the bus door.

"Your friend's still looking you know, you think he believed you?", Kris whispers to his ear.

"I'm not sure if he's stubborn enough to be fooled with that scene there to be honest", pouts Baekhyun.

"So maybe he needs to see a proof of your words then"

Before Baekhyun can even understand what Kris is implying, Kris' hands are already holding on his hips and lightly pressed his lips to Baekhyun's. It was just a peck actually, but Baekhyun suddenly felt his heart thundering in his chest so erratically like some some crazy guy who just lost his first kiss (oh well, it was really his first kiss afterall, so yeah..)

Joonmyun, watching from his sidemirror and seeing the couple kiss felt his blood boil in anger, hands gripping the steering wheel so tight, cursing Kris in his head coz there's no way he's gonna give up on Baekhyun that easily, and there's no way he will let that guy outwin him. He drives away with an evil smile on his face, thinking of how many things he can do to seperate them.

At the sight of Joonmyun's car leaving, Kris pulled away from Baekhyun.

"He's gone, you're safe now"

Seeing Baekhyun just staring up at him, Kris pouts in confusion. He waves his hands in Baekhyun's face, trying to call his attention.

"Earth to Baekhyun, are you okay?"

Baekhyun snaps from his reverie and flushes so hard he feels his cheeks are on fire.

"Hey, are you guys gonna ride or what?!" the bus driver shouts.

"He will.." Kris pushes on Baekhyun into the bus.

"I'll see you at school", Kris said flashing a smile and a wink just before the bus door closes.

Baekhyun slumped to his seat, his knees feeling weak. His hand absentmindedly reaching up to touch his lips where he can still feel Kris' lips, slightly chapped yet gentle. Another round of blush crept up his skin as he slam his head repeatedly to his seat's headborad, trying to shake off the giddy feelings he's having at the moment.

"Get a grip Byun Baekhyun, it was just a peck!! You very well know he's obvoisly not your ideal dream guy anyway", his inner self says.

"But he just stole my first kiss, and that i should be angry, yet i'm feeling giddy like a madman here instead" he replies himself.

           When he reached home and lay on his bed, Baekhyun ended up still slamming his head on his pillows till he gets finally tired and dizzy from his own antics.

"Maybe THESE will be gone when i woke up", he tries to convince himself. And so that was his last thought before his body finally allowed him to fall into a slumber.

But maybe he was mistaken afterall because his dream that night are consists of snow, lovelocks and a gummy smile, whatever that is supposed to mean...

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, so this is it, first chapter for y'all.. Sorry if this took so long, i just had not much time to type it because i was lazy tbh, then my birthday come & go so i was really busy this weekend but i had to keep my promise so here you go.. Really sorry for my limited english though..

I just finished writing chapter 2 of this, i still had to double check though then i'mma start typing it whenever i gets online (which only happens 2 hours every night actually) so you can expect it on a weekday next week :) I tries to write when i'm free from work and just before i go to bed and that is how i get to complete my story little by little. And so far, i think i might end up with 4 or 5 chapters instead. let's just see ok? Thank you for choosing to read this, this really means a lot to me.. And please do comment, i will appreciate it.. KrisBaek forever <3