Mess Up, Make Up

Love Locked Down

         The Mercedes benz comes to a hault by the entrance of the Wu mansion. Kim Jongdae, the butler who apparently is assigned to watch over his Young Master Kris Wu 24/7 rushes from his seat to open his mater's side of the car and lead him inside to where his mom is waiting for him. She just came back from her Euro business trip and demanded to see her son as soon as possible. Kris can't even remember when was the last time he was summoned to go back home. His parents are usually overseas for business expansions and leisure travels whereas he is busy trying to be an ordinary student. It was during Kris' junior year in college when he's finally got the balls to try and stand on his own feet. His parents were completely shocked when he suddenly asked for freedom and independence. No matter how his parents are against the idea of him living on his own, they just can't stop him from trying. Transferring in another elite school (there's no way his parents would let him enroll in public) was his first step. Working as an assistant to the guidance councilor the second. No one needs to know that he's actually their school director's godchild. It was so hard for his parents to watch him work just to earn a few bucks when they can actually just practically give the whole world to Kris. It took so much pleading on Kris' part before his parents finally concede, but he had no choice but to accept a couple of his mom's terms just to get their blessings. He had to live in an apartment (Kris wanted to live in a dorm originally) and he has to keep a personal butler who will look after him all the time. Kris agrees with it but only after convincing his parents that he will pay for his own apartment himself and that his butler will only watch over him from afar, he doesn't want to draw attention of having someone tailing him all the time. And that ended up having his own butler as his dearest secret security slash neighbor. They stopped in front of the study room, Jongdae knocks twice then he opens the door and let Kris step in, closes it and follows behind.

"Madaam, Young Master is already here", Jongdae says.

Kris hasn't even gotten as far as the hearth when he suddenly heard a squealing from his left side.

"Krissie baby!!!!", his mom calls out, arms open wide as she runs to her son and enveloped him into a bear hug. 

"I missed you so much honey, how is my baby doing?", she says in between peppering kisses all over her son's face.

Kris just let his mom do as she pleases with him, letting out a contented smile coz it's been too long since they last saw each other that he equally missed her just as much.

"I'm fine mom, i missed you too", he coos.

"You've gotten more handsome honey, but i think you've lost weight. If only you just let Chef Park work for you, you could've eaten anything you want anytime."

"Mom, having a chef in an ordinary apartment doesn't fit and we already talked about that so stop bringing it up again. Besides, Jongdae has been taking care of me very well, i couldn't be grateful enough." He winks at Jongdae making the other bow proudly at the sudden compliment.

"I'm grateful too, if not because of him, i would've had a heart attack worrying about you a long time ago now. You had no idea how worried i was when you got heart broken just lately, Jongdae said you was too upset and he thought you will commit suicide when you went to Namsan Tower", his mom blabbers.

"You what?! Did i looked suicidal just because of some guy refusing to date me?!", Kris glares at Jongdae.

"You were so upset that time Young Master, and i was trained to anticipate worst case scenarios, you can't blame me expecting the worse of you.", Jongdae says trying to defend himself.

Maybe Kris has been too easy with his butler to think of him that way, perhaps he needs to redraw the line between them, he thinks to himself.

"Enough you two, there's no point to argue now. Jongdae, you can go now, thank you." Jongdae bows and leaves.

Once alone, his mom cups his face and continues.

"Besides, i heard you already found someone new, so when am i gonna meet this lucky guy?", his mom teases.

Kris glared at the door Jongdae disappeared into, his glare too sharp as if it can pierce behind the doors to where he is now if that is even possible. He has forgotten how big his butler's mouth is. It's still too early for his mom to know about Baekhyun, not when Baekhyun doesn't even know yet who the real Kris Wu is.

"Mom, we've only just met ok? Just because we're hanging out doesn't mean we're already dating", Kris said, trying to look stern but fails miserably, his cheeks turning pink.

"I can tell you really like him baby but i won't push you, just let me know anytime when can i finally meet him ok?", she says, tugging her son into another bear hug.

"Yes mom", Kris says, hugging her mom back.

"Think you can stay overnight honey? It's late already."

"Fine mom, if only you'd let me sleep beside you."

"Of course baby, you don't have to ask, i got no plans in letting you sleep elsewhere but beside me."

                    Kris should've known better that his mom has the most spoiling tendencies when it comes to him. She just let him sleep as he wanted, not even caring about her son missing out a few subjects or even a day at school. Kris wakes up at 9am just when his classes usually starts at 8am. His first thought though is Baekhyun coz goddamnit, he just missed fetching him to his classroom today. He frantically reaches for his phone and dial Baekhyun's number. It just keep ringing till it reaches his voicemail. Kris tried calling 5 times and finally decided to just leave a message at his 6th try.

"Hello, this is Baekhyun. I'm probably busy now sorry about that, so just leave your message after the beep and i'll get back to you soon as i can." It's amusing how Baekhyun's voicemail prompt sounds just as cheerful as him, Kris observes.

"Hello Baek, Kris here.. Err.. Uhm.. I overslept so i wasn't there earlier to fetch you, i just thought you might wanna know, i don't want you thinking i ditched you. So, uhm, see you at lunch?"

                   It's almost 5pm, Kris glances at his clock and checks on his phone for the nth time, sighing dejectedly when there's still no reply from Baekhyun. He's at the guidance councilor's office, fidgeting on his seat and feeling too itchy to get free from his duty in hopes of catching Baekhyun's last class dismissal. Mr. Shin, the guidance councilor, didn't fail to notice his assistant's anxiety.

"It's ok if you wanna leave now Kris, it's almost our closing time anyway, I won't mind locking this office myself today if it will save you from your distress", Mr. Shin teases.

Kris face lit up at his boss' statement, not missing the fact that he's being teased but he really is in a hurry now that he chooses not to care.

"Thank you Mr. Shin, i owe you one!!" Kris bows at him and then dashes off the office at a lightning speed. He runs straight to Baekhyun's building which happens to be 4 buildings away from their office. He was still panting so hard when he reached Baekhyun's floor, only to be greeted by an empty classroom. Kris heaves a heavy sigh. His phone suddenly rings though, startling him from his misery. His face light up like the firewords when he saw who the caller is.

"Hey Baek!!", Kris starts, not even trying to hide the excitement on his voice.

"Kris, i'm sorry, i just checked my phone now and i just heard your voicemail and i'm sorry it took so long before i call you back."

"It's ok Baek, i don't mind waiting", Kris chuckles, silently smiling over Baekhyun's silly apology. It's unfair how he sounds cute on the phone too.

"But really, where are you now?", Kris asks.

"I'm at the library, well, make that we, me and my groupmates are working in our project here."

"What time will you be done?"

"Well, i don't know, they said if we can't finish it here, we'll be spending overnight at our leader's house coz we need to submit this tomorrow."

As much as Kris really wants to ask Baekhyun the address of his leader's house or maybe ask Baekhyun if he can tag along, eitherway will be too creepy of him to do so so he holds back his tongue. He then asks something else, something more honest.

"I'd like to see you Baekhyun...", there's a silent pleading on Kris' voice, not knowing why he just can't let this day pass without seeing Baekhyun.

There was a definite pause for a moment, Kris thought Baek hanged up on him until he heard Baek finally speak.

"Then come over here you idiot, it's not like you don't know where the library is right? And bring me a canned coffee too", Baekhyun says, feeling relieved somehow that Kris can't see him right now coz he's flushing beet red.

And then the line went dead, yet Kris' heart is beating so hard it feels like it's gonna come out of his chest as he frantically makes his way to the vending machine and into the library.

             Baekhyun meets him by the library doors, seating together at an empty bench by the hallway to drink their coffees. Kris is strangely feeling content just like this, having Baekhyun close. It's like just the mere sight of him makes him calm in some mysterious way he can't explain. He knows he's only supposed to play a part for Baekhyun. He's only supposed to but he's not sure anymore if he's still playing it right coz he can feel himself already falling for him. Baekhyun seems oblivious to the effect he had on Kris so he will just try to keep it a secret for now. The last thing he would want is to drive away Baekhyun.

"How was your project? Do you guys need a hand?", Kris asks while sipping his coffee, hoping for a chance to spend more time with Baekhyun.

"Err, i don't think so?", Baekhyun says hesitantly. Kris stubbornly pouts upon the rejection, effectively making Baekhyun feeling a little guilty so he tries to explain why.

"It's not that we don't need your help but.. You know...", Baekhyun stammers with his words. "Joonmyun is in there, we were groupmates and he's our leader, and the last thing i need now is you guys clashing, not when we had to finish this project first." Baekhyun finishes his coffee and stands up. "I need to go, thanks for the coffee Kris", he says, turning his back on him and walks back to the library.

Kris just stayed there, feeling dumbfounded as he tries to decipher the situation. Baekhyun is in there, with Joonmyun, but he needs no rescue now since it is purely school-related. He's not sure why but eventhough he knows Baek and Joonmyun are just together because of their project, it still irritates him. Before he knows what he's doing, Kris is already inside the library, eyes searching for Baekhyun (and Joonmyun). He spots them on a table at the far end close to a window and there's actually 6 of them, all flowerboys (Kris had to admit at this part that Joonmyun is quite a flowerboy too). There's a queue of girls at the nearby tables obviously internally squealing over the sight. There's a sudden pang of insecurity Kris felt when he realized Baekhyun's got better choices among his classmates to replace him when the other finally decides to end their little charade, and he felt his own heart crack a bit at that thought.

Having divided the group task and grouped themselves into 3 pairs, Kai & Kyungsoo, Sehun & Luhan, Baekhyun & Joonmyun. Or rather Baekhyun has no choice since the other 2 pairs are already real couples so there's no way to split them up. Joonmyun and Baekhyun are sitting next to each other, heads bent and faces so close. Joonmyun is dictating something as Baekhyun writes it down. Joonmyun is about to scold the rest of their groupmates for playing around with each other too much instead of focusing on finishing their project when he spotted Kris standing just a few feet away, staring at them. With an evil glint on his eye, he pretended he didn't see Kris and drapes an arm instead over Baekhyun's shoulder. The latter not even bothering to shake it off coz Joonmyun usually does it to Baek in public just to drive away more potential admirers so he just let him be, totally oblivious of Joonmyun's real intention behind the gesture. Joonmyun fearlessly meets Kris' eyes and even throws a mocking smirk. Kris clenched his fist in outrage, eyes digging daggers into Joonmyun's.

He is not the type to easily back out from a challenge so he gathers himself and makes his way into their table. Standing just behind Baekhyun, he clears his throat to gain attention. Kai and Kyungsoo were the first to look at his direction and just ignore him, feigning interest to their work. Luhan notices him next, elbowing Sehun and pouting his lips to point at Kris from behind Sehun. The latter was kind of dumb, not really getting what Luhan was trying to say that he even thought Luhan was asking for a kiss so he pecked him on the lips. Recovering from his shock, Luhan shoved a pile of papers into Sehun's face because of the sudden public display of attention. His thing with Sehun was supposed to be a secret to the public but not anymore apparently.

Failing to catch Baekhyun's attention, Kris just slumped into the chair behind him like a kid throwing tantrums for being neglected. Baekhyun finally notices and looks at him, confused why Kris is there when he already told him his help isn't necessary.

"Kris, what are you doing here?", Baekhyun asks.

Kris puts an elbow on the desk, resting his head on his hand and stares at Baekhyun. "My baby said he doesn't need my help, but i got nothing else to do so i'll just stay here and watch over him then", Kris said, shamelessly batting his eyelashes at Baekhyun making the rest of the people on their table not sure whether to scoff or puke at the scene. Joonmyun's arm is still draped over Baekhyun's shoulder so Kris leaned in to dislodge it, pulling Baekhyun's chair closer to him instead and he gently hooks a hand on his waist. Then he throws Joonmyun a mocking stare, with one brow cocked and lips pulled into a tiny smirk. Joonmyun stares back with piercing eyes. The other 4 guys on the table suddenly find the situation amusing as they watch the staring competition between the two. As much as Baekhyun just want to ignore what is happening around him and just finish the goddamn project they're working on, he can't help but feel responsible that the two guys behind him are actually battling over him. Baekhyun suddenly stood up, breaking their eye contact battle and pulled Kris with him as they stormed off the library.

"If i'd only known you'd be this hard-headed, i shouldn't have pulled this charade off. Why are you being like this Kris?!"

"Like what?!"

"I know we agreed to pretend as boyfriends but you're taking this too seriously. I only wanted Joonmyun to stop bothering me. We've only known each other for days and yet you're acting like you've known me forever!!"

"Then what do you want me to do now?"

"I don't know... Just... Go home Kris", Baekhyun said coldly before returning inside, leaving Kris in awe.

                Baekhyun fiddles with his phone, torn between texting Kris or throwing it straight to the gross couples in front of him. They were at Joonmyun's house, on one of it's guest room. They had to resort to an overnight for the sake of their project. It's almost midnight when they finally finished it. They settled into a room with two beds and a couch. Joonmyun even insisted at first that they could room individually if they want, but miraculously, they got enough shame to cause more trouble with the housekeepers so they decided to just fit in in one room. Baekhyun should've seen it coming though that he will have to take the couch.

"Hey Baekhyun, are you sure you're ok in there?", Kyungsoo asked.

"Why not ask your boyfriend to come here and sleep over too?", Kai suggested.

"Yeah right Baek, don't want you feeling outcast", Luhan said.

"Joonmyun's room is just by the other door you know, he'd willingly share his bed with you for sure", Sehun teases.

"Hey, cut the crap Sehun! We all know Baekhyun's been running away too long from Joonmyun that he will never jump on his bed even if it kills him", Kyungsoo says, matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, i think so too, besides, i actually like Kris more." Luhan agrees.

"And why is that?", Sehun asked, feeling curious.

"He obviously cares for him, and they actually look good together", Luhan giggles. 

"But that Kris guy cannot even take Baekhyun into a fancy date unless maybe on his payday", Sehun fires.

"He's lucky to be tall and striking but his bank account says otherwise", Kai mocks.

"Now that's too low. If you were as poor as him, i still would've date you just because i like you", Kyungsoo told Kai.

"Yeah, money isn't everything. You'd be rich in hapiness if you if you get to find someone who can truly make you happy" Luhan agrees, looking at Sehun.

"Uh guys, i don't know where all those came from but can you just cut it all out ok? Who said i need your advices anyway?", Baekhyun fusses, finally reacting to everything he heard.

"You're obviously confused Baek, you just need to follow your heart", Kyungsoo tells him.

                Baekhyun stays awake even after his classmates have dozed off already. He keeps thinking about Kris' face when he walked out on him at the library. It's almost 2am and Kris is most probably already in dreamland too but the strong urge to call him took over Baekhyun in the end. To his surprise, it only took one ring before Kris picked up.

"Hello Baek?!", Kris voice sounds too lively for a 2am phonecall, Baekhyun thinks.

"I've been waiting for your call actually. I wanted to call you but i'm not sure if you want to talk to me so i just keep waiting and..."

"I'm sorry Kris", Baekhyun cuts him off. "I'll see you later yeah? Goodnight". Baekhyun hangs up just as fast as his racing heart could allow. He flops face down into his pillow and lets out a tiny squeal. He's still not sure if he wants to keep Kris close or away from him, but he likes being with him and maybe that's enough for now. He pulls his blanket over him and finally calls it a day.

Kris on the other hand is still staring at his phone, Baekhyun's few words still ringing in his ear. He suddenly lets out a not-so-manly shrill, enough to wake up Jongdae who's sleeping on a couch near Kris' bed. His young master usually seeks his company whenever he's feeling upset just like earlier today after that library incident. Jongdae has no choice but to listen to all of Kris' laments on how badly it hurt him when Baekhyun walked out on him.

"Young Master, are you ok?!", the clueless Jongdae asks, face evident with worry.

"He called me Jongdae!! He apologized and he still wants to see me tomorrow, or should i say later. I'm so happy and relieved that we're still good now", Kris tells Jongdae, face almost splitting apart with his wide smile.

"I'm happy for you too Master. But when are you gonna tell him about your real identity? You can't keep it a secret forever, i bet you'd never want him to find out in some other way if not straight from you."

Kris tosses a pillow square to Jongdae's face. "Very well Jongdae, you're such a mood spolier. You can go back to your house now, i don't need you anymore."

When Jongdae is gone, Kris lay on his bed, taking a moment to consider what his butler had said. He's right, if Kris really wants to make this work out for the both of them, he had to tell Baekhyun the truth. But just thinking about it already scares him. He's scared Baekhyun doesn't feel the same as much as he wants to turn their charade into something real and he's also scared Baekhyun might hate him for playing the ordinary guy when in fact he's not. To put it simply, it scares him to do something that might drive Baekhyun away from him. And then it hitted him, how he had fallen too deep too fast into Baekhyun like he is now, he had no idea.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!! Here's chapter 3 now.. I don't know how i got to write a 3.6k long this time but yeah, here you go.. I had to include a lil bit of Kaisoo & hunhan too since i like them otps too :) Chapter 4 is already on the works, i'm not yet done writing it but hopefully, i can post it next weekend again. I will wrap this up with 5 chapters, thank you for the support y'all :) And again, sorry for my limited english. Hope you had fun reading this :) I'm now off to see BTS concert here tonight and see for myself if Taehyung really looked like Baekhyun kkk. Bye, till next time :)