CHAPTER 3-UNFORGIVING

FRAGILE HEARTS

Namjoon’s POV

OMOMMOOMOMOMOMO it’s Hyemi! What should i do? Stay quiet or talk? I shot jimin a look, at which he sighed and nodded. So being the “gentleman” he claimed to be was, he politely apologised to f(X).

“Sorry for our disturbance, you may continue on your way.”

But, much to our surprise, Infinite suddenly popped out of nowhere.

“Eh, oppas? What are you guys doing here? Don’t you boys have class?”

I froze, hearing her rare voice. She sounded like an angel, an angel with long brown hair and huge chestnut eyes without any wings.

“Well, we heard that there was trouble here. And dongsaeng, it’s lunch for us now. We are free to go where ever we want.” Dongwoo hyung said shooting us/me a glare. Because, unfortunately for me, he knows that I like hyemi too...

 

**FLASHBACK**

That was the day when Hyemi had just came into class and when I was still friends with Dongwoo hyung. He had told me that his sister would enrol in my class and told me to take care of her.

That day, I was sitting on the bench outside his school, unconsciously drawing hearts around Hyemi’s name in my notebook, when Dongwoo called out to me.

“LOL Namjoonie keeps a diary? I have to see this!”

And before I knew it, my precious book fell into the “enemy’s hands” a.k.a Jung Dongwoo, Jung Hyemi’s older brother.

As he flipped through the notebook, my mind was blank. All I could remember was the drawings of her that I did in there.

Yes, back then, when hyemi did not know that Dongwoo and I were friends, he was already notorious for being deadly strong. His over-protectiveness crossed the line though, when the first few guys that confessed to her ended up in the hospital. She had to beg him to punching a guy as she already felt guilty for rejecting them.

“Thud.” I snapped out of my thoughts when Dongwoo let go of the book and it fell to the floor. I gulped as he turned around and stared at me.

“I thought we were friends...I trusted you on that account...I’ll forgive you ‘cause we WERE friends, but if you ever lay a finger on her...” he paused before sliding his finger over his throat “...you will regret not leaving a will behind for your family in time, ok?”

 

*PRESENT*

After f(X) and Infinite had gone their separate ways, we went up to the rooftop. I was about to put on my beats, when V hyung came up to me and said something that really shocked me.

“Hey, Namjoon...how does it feel to fall in love?”

“...uh, how do you feel around her?”

“Ok, so like, whenever I’m around her, she makes me feel all excited and happy. When she speaks to me, I feel like I’m about to burst inside, but I can’t bring myself to speak to her. But like you, she doesn’t like me that way. In fact, she does not even like me at all. The only time she speaks is when Seongsaengnim tells her to pass info to me...”

“So who is this girl? You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to though.

“I-it’s...”