Chapter 4 - Ravi Was Lost In Work

After Effect

        A couple days passed from the multiple incidents, and Wonshik hadn't talked to Hongbin since.  He ignored the texts, the calls, and even the one time that he visited. He was working hard on his comic book and didn't have time to try to rekindle what was there. Jaehwan tried to make him feel better when he went over this his house, and so did Hakyeon, but it didn't really help.

        A knock on the door broke him out of his trance while he drew and sent him into a worse mood than he was in originally. He got up, throwing the pen down. If it was Hongbin, he wasn't going to answer it.

        "What do you want?" He growled out, scaring the couple that was there. He looked them over to see that he actually knew them. "Sanghyuk? Taekwoon? Why are you here?"

        "I wanted to know how you were doing. I made a pie too."  Taekwoon smiled at Wonshik, and handed him the pie. "Can we come in?"

        His mood flipped 180. He was just happy that they were worried about him in the first place. It changed his mood for the better.

        "Yeah, of course." He got out of their way, and motioned for them to come in. They went into the living room and were greeted by papers, littered everywhere. "Sorry about the mess. I was bit by the art bug."

        Sanghyuk took his coat, scarf, boots, and gloves off quickly, and ran to see what all of these papers had on them. "Ooh, is this Hongbin?" He picked up one paper, that had sketches of a familiar face all over it. "It's really good."

        "It's nothing. But yeah, it's Hongbin." He walked and put the pumpkin pie in his kitchen. "I couldn't think of what to draw, so I just drew him."

        Taekwoon had joined Sanghuk in there and was looking at another page. It had Hongbin and Wonshik on it, walking down the street, talking about whatever while eating cupcakes. It was good. "Did you guys go on date in your comic?"

        "Yeah... " Wonshik was getting embarrassed because these two were looking at his art even before he finished it. He unwrapped the pie and smiled, the recognisable scent engulfed him in festive thoughts. "I have you two there too, on one of those papers. We go to the coffee shop and you guys are there."

        "Found it!" Sanghyuk smiled, seeing the picture of them taking up almost the entire page. Sanghyuk was in his uniform and was talking with Taekwoon, the customer there. It was really cute. "You make me look so cute, Wonshik. And Taekwoon too."

        "Why am I an afterthought?" Taekwoon hit Sanghyuk playfully with a smile on his face. Wonshik saw this and smiled at them.

        "You guys make a cute couple." Wonshik teased, cutting into the pie and making 6 equal slices. He heard the couple laugh from the living room.

        "We started dating a couple days ago." Sanghyuk said, making Taekwoon blush from talking about them dating. Wonshik smiled and gave them a thumbs up. "After we left Jaehwan's I asked him."

        "Sweet." Wonshik put three of the pieces on plates and started taking bites out of his piece. "Did you start doing official couple things after that?" 

        "I stayed at his house that night." Taekwoon punched the youngest man in the arm and glared. "What? I wasn't gonna tell him what we did."

        "You guys... Naughty."  Wonshik waved his fork at them like a disapproving parent. "Come and get some pie."

        They came in and sat the small table in the middle of his kitchen. They took the pie and ate it in silence until Taekwoon spoke up again. "Have you been getting much sleep? You have a lot of energy drinks and coffee in your trash."

        Everyone looked at the over-filled trashcan and it was mostly empty cans and glass bottles. "Nah, I've been working so hard on my comic that I just haven't done that yet." Wonshik grabbed a can of whipped cream from behind him on the counter and started trying to open it.

        "What else haven't you done?" Taekwoon took the whipped cream from Wonshik after he had a pile of it that was bigger than the pie. He put a small bit on his pie, but didn't eat it immediately.

        "It's mostly just sleep I haven't done. I still have some takeout in my fridge, I think." Wonshik laughed and stood up. "I'm so not in the mood to cook. Ooh! Maybe Hongbin can cook for ----"

        He cut himself and sighed. He ran a hand through his hair and then opened the refrigerator and looked for the leftovers he thought he had. "You haven't talked to Hongbin, have you?" Sanghyuk took the can of whipped cream and sprayed it into his mouth instead of on the pie.

        "No. He's called and texted and stuff, but I've been ignoring him because I've been working on my comic." Wonshik found a couple things still in there and smiled. "I do have leftovers, guys!"

        "Dude, he's come to see you." Sanghyuk said after hardly swallowing the whipped cream. "He could be trying to say that he's sorry or something."

        "Or even trying to get back together with you." Taekwoon was the one glared at this time, by his younger boyfriend. "What? Hongbin's weird like that."

        "Back together?" Sanghyuk crossed his arms after putting his fork down and ignoring Wonshik all together.

        "They were basically dating before the kiss! How it could have driven this wedge between them just confuses me." Taekwoon was talking more and more since he's been around Sanghyuk and becoming a teacher, it was crazy. "They're perfect together."

        "No, obviously we weren't if it broke us up." Wonshik glared down at his pie as if it was the one that offended him instead of Taekwoon. A single tear crawled down his cheek and he stuffed his mouth with a piece of the pumpkin pie. " I have work I still need to do."

        "No!" Taekwoon and Sanghyuk said at the same time, knowing that Wonshik was going to kick them out just to draw and get into his work again.

        "You need to talk to him. We'll bring him here." Taekwoon said, being the oldest, taking control of the situation.

        "He's not gonna come. I've avoided him, so I'm pretty sure he hates me now." Wonshik was being hard on himself, and it was making him receive disappinted looks from the couple.

        "Here, we'll bring him over later, but I need to know something first. A couple things actually." Sanghyuk said, making the attention come over to him from the almost crying Wonshik.

        "What?" Wonshik sniffled and wiped his cheeks that had thin lines where the tears had went down. Taekwoon decided that he shouldn't be in this conversation anymore because he made Wonshik cry.

        "How many pages have you gotten done this week and what do you normally do?" Sanghyuk asked, almost able to see the wheels turning in his friends head. He took a bite from the pie, but didn't stop staring at Wonshik.

        "I got maybe 13 pages done this week when it's usually 1 or 2 a week." He nodded and looked around at the papers all over the house. He heard Taekwoon sharply inhale when he processed the information.

        "How very productive of you." Sanghyuk deeply inhaled and sighed, shaking his head as he looked at the broken man. "But that's too much for someone to do in a couple days. You must have been hopped up on caffeine, man."

        "It's not healthy, I know. But I do have a good reason." Wonshik tried to justify his not sleeping and eating, but continued to get those disappointed looks from them. "I'm avoiding him for a good reason."

        "To get work done?" Sanghyuk asked sarcastically, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "There's a fine line between being productive and obsessively working. You've crossed it."

        Wonshik looked over at the older man, whom avoided his gaze. "Come on, can't you help me with this?" Wonshik pleaded, but Taekwoon wouldn't look his way.

        "You were much more healthy and happy with Hongbin, y'know." Sanghyuk said, leaning his head to the side and closing his eyes. "Hongbin hasn't been doing well since this happened too. He's been pulling more hours again."

        "That's what happened earlier this year." Wonshik sniffled and wiped his eyes to try to stop crying.

        "No, a lot more hours. I've seen his car there for the best part of 12 hours these past days." Sanghyuk took a bite of the pie and sighed. "We've also talked to Jaehwan, and he says that he's there before they need to go in, and he always stays after their shift ends."

        "What has he been doing?" Wonshik asked, and both of them looked at Taekwoon. "Please tell me."

        "He's been a waiter while he isn't cooking. Greg says he's fine with it, but he should really let himself go and stop working these extra hours." Taekwoon said, looking at the table to try to avoid their gazes. "He's not getting paid extra."

        "He needs to stop." Wonshik said, nodding while he thought about it. "I don't want him to get sick again."

        "Then get out of your work and go see him again! He should be at home today!" Sanghyuk stood up, and waving his hands around at all the papers around the house. "You guys need to learn that being a workaholic is a bad thing when it ruins your relationship even more."

        "But I can't!" Wonshik stood up too, hitting his hand against the flimsy table. "I can't go see him after what I did! I ruined it for us! He hates me!"

        "You've gotten texts and calls and he even tried to see you once! If that's hate, then half of the couples I know should be in this type of situation!" Sanghyuk yelled, making Wonshik fall back to his seat. "You need to see him! We will drag him here or drag you there! It's your choice."

        Wonshik sat in silence, surprised that the youngest could be like that. Sanghyuk sat down and stabbed at the pie, sighing. Taekwoon looked at them, and was just as surprised that his boyfriend would say that.

        "Can it wait until tomorrow? I need to get sleep." Wonshik said after a very long and awkward silence between them. They nodded and stood up.

        "You also need to take a shower. Maybe even get him flowers." Taekwoon ruffled his hair and smiled. "He likes roses. Get him red ones."

        Sanghyuk and Taekwoon started walking to the door and started putting things on to leave. "Whoa, whoa guys. Why? Are you leaving?"

        "You need sleep and to take a shower." Taekwoon said with a smile. "So we'll leave you to do that. Do you need money? Roses at Fan's shop are like $10 each."

        "No, I have enough. Um, thanks?" Wonshik joined them at the door and attempted a smile, which failed to become a real smile. "Tomorrow?"

        "Yeah, we'll kidnap you at like 2. You okay with that?" Sanghyuk threw his coat on and smiled when Wonshik nodded. "We'll take you to Fan's flower shop too. Just remember to take a shower."

        They finished putting their winter outerwear on and started to head out the door, but Wonshik engulfed them in a hug. "Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow." He let them go and they left with smiles on their faces. They got through to him.

        Wonshik sighed and stretched after closing the door behind them. Again, he started crying. How could they have convinced him to see the man that he ruined with a kiss?