Chapter 11 - Just Like Christmas Day

After Effect

Wonshik dragged Hongbin into the loud house by his arm and then they were surprised at how many people were already there. All of them were in the ugliest sweaters offered at the mall and were almost drunkly dancing around to the music, all avoiding a spot in the middle of the room, where upon closer inspection was where the mistletoe had been taped up. Jaehwan pushed his way through the crowd, pulling Hakyeon with him, and both couples were standing face to face for the first time in a long time.

"You made it!" Jaehwan let go of Hakyeon's hand immediately and wrapped his arms around both Wonshik's and Hongbin's necks. "And you seem to be very friendly since the last time I saw you two... Did something good happen?" He wiggled his eyebrows even though they didn't see him do that.

Before Wonshik answered, someone grabbed Hakyeon from behind and kissed him. "Ah! What are you doing?" Hakyeon turned around to see Jackson from GOT7 and smiled.

"I came a party but I found you instead. Be my Christmas present?" Jaehwan let go from the hug and pushed Jackson's face away from Hakyeon's neck and glared at him.

"He's my Christmas present, go get your own." Jaehwan said before kissing Hakyeon to make Jackson go away. When he was further in the party and affectively gone, they pulled apart immediately and Jaehwan started nagging. "I told you not to wear those pants."

"But I like them!" Hakyeon tried defending himself to no avail.

"They make guys want to hit on you when you're rightfully mine." Jaehwan turned to Hongbin and Wonshik. "What do you guys think? Too tight or fine for the party?"

They watched as Hakyeon posed like a flamingo again and they lost it. "We can't tell when he's trying to hide it from us!" Hongbin said before laughing more. Hakyeon rolled his eyes and pressed a kiss to Jaehwan's cheek.

"They're fine for now, I'm gonna go make some hot chocolate for everyone." Hakyeon walked away, winking and waving to Jaehwan to make him a little jealous. "Bye~"

Jaehwan only glared in his direction as guys crowded around him and started talking to him. He rolled his eyes and looked at Wonshik and Hongbin again. "But really, are you guys back together because if not I will make you stand under the mistletoe until you finally realize that there could be, no, there is definitely something between you two."

Hongbin looked at Wonshik nervously, urging him to be the one to talk. "Well, I'm moving in and next month he's going back to work..." Wonshik wrapped an arm around Hongbin's waist and smiled at him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Are you guys dating or what?" Jaehwan was getting impatient with them because he could hear everyone talking to Hakyeon behind them.

"Yes, we are." Hongbin said before hearing a squeal from closer to the kitchen. Wonshik and Hongbin looked around Jaehwan and stared into the kitchen. "What the hell was that?"

"Guys, I have a boyfriend, calm yourselves before I beat you with a spatula!" It was Hakyeon's voice and Jaehwan go a look on his face like someone was going to die.

"Awesome for you, but I need to go-" Jaehwan didn't even finish what he was saying before he left them. "Who was it?"

Hongbin looked up at Wonshik and blushed before he got a kiss on the cheek. "I love you Hongbin~" Wonshik said cutely into his ear before bringing his other arm around to hug him.

"Why are you doing this in public?" Hongbin asked, looking around for anyone else he was on speaking terms with. He opened his mouth to say something, but then all of a sudden there was kiss. Hongbin pulled away before anything more could happen and he glared at Wonshik.

"Say it back or I won't let you go." Wonshik teased, pressing their foreheads together. Behind them appeared Taekwoon and Sanghyuk, clad in ugly sweaters like everyone else.

"Aww... They grow up so fast-"

"We're older than you!" Wonshik and Hongbin yelled before letting go of each other. They cut Sanghyuk off and then he just laughed.

"It was a joke." Sanghyuk rolled his eyes and smiled. "Any plans for after the party? Gonna go out or stay in?"

"Even I think you're taking it a little far." Taekwoon said with an apologizing look to Wonshik and Hongbin. "Come on, we need to talk to Jaehwan and Hakyeon."

"Thery're in the kitchen." Hongbin pointed past the crowd and smiled at them. Sanghyuk was already on his way without even a thank you, leaving Taekwoon there. "So..."

"Just the other day, a student came to my house and got me a stuffed animal, so Hyuk gave him the elephant we won at the summer festival." Taekwoon blurted out, then covered his face.

"That's cute." Wonshik said patting Taekwoon's shoulder.

"No, we had to lie to the mother that we weren't dating and I feel bad now but I don't want to admit that I'm gay 'cause I might lose my job." Taekwoon was blurting out things to the couple, and turning into a tomato.

"Honestly, if you lose your job just because you're gay, something needs to happen to the school district." Hongbin said, putting his right hand on his hip. "I mean, you're teaching 1st graders what they need to know to go through school, not spreading the gay agenda." He put air quotes around spreading the gay agenda.

"Yeah, if they fire you for that, I think all of us are gonna fight to get your job back." Wonshik agreed and flashed Taekwoon a warm smile. "That's because we all love and support you-"

Hongbin clamped his hand over Wonshik's mouth and glared at him. He tried to say something, but it was really muffled. "I know it's the truth but do you have to say it like that? You sound like a kids show." Taekwoon laughed at what Hongbin said, and they were joined again by Sanghyuk.

"Who sound's like a kids show?" Sanghyuk asked after kissing Taekwoon's neck and wrapping his arms around his waist.

"Oh, only what Wonshik said. Don't worry about it." Taekwoon smiled at him. "What did you need to talk to them about that you had to leave me for?"

"Nothing. I haven't seen them in a while, and there was almost a cat fight in the kitchen because of Hakyeon's tight pants." Sanghyuk let go of Taekwoon while everyone looked at the now empty kitchen. Hakyeon and Jaehwan came out of the crowd, hand in hand, and joined them all again. "I'm guessing that Jaehwan won, then."

"He didn't do anything." Hakyeon teased with a wide smile. "I took down all of the thristy boys."

"Maybe you shouldn't wear pants that tight then." Wonshik said, making all of them laugh.

"Not happening. These pants make me look tanner." Hakyeon glared at him. "My skin color isn't such a problem anymore."

"Never said anything about it." "It looks good." "You could be one of those hot tan models." Everyone spoke at the same time, making Hakyeon smile with all of the compliments he was getting.

Jaehwan pressed a kiss to Hakyeon's cheek and looked to everyone else. "I have to go be a host and such, I'll be back." He turned to Hakyeon and grinned. "Go change your pants. You have other white pants. And don't get into too much trouble."

Hakyeon rolled his eyes and grinned to the couples in front of him. "You guys are all so cute together." He pointed to Hongbin and Wonshik. "I'm glad to see you two together the most."

They smiled and looked in opposite directions. Sanghyuk wrapped his arms around their shoulders and laughed. "They grow up so fast don't they?"

"They do." Hakyeon agreed before Wonshik and Hongbin hit him again. "Don't you think, Woonie?"

"They're perfect together."

 

Later after everyone had come to the party, it was time to hand out presants. Jaehwan was first to Hakyeon, though there were already couples and friends giving presants to each other.

"So, Hakyeon...." Jaehwan smiled cooly, hiding his hands behind his back.

"So?" Hakyeon changed into the other pair of white pants they bought him the day before.

"I got you a lot of presents, but there was only one that I thought would be special enough for you to show off-" Jaehwan looked around to make sure there were people watching. "But it's the most special one."

"Jaehwan you don't have to do this." Hakyeon's blush was very obvious against his skin. "I didn't even bring my present out here."

"It can wait." Jaehwan walked closer and pulled a small box from behind his back. "Now, this isn't a ring, but something better? Yeah. Better."

He handed it to Hakyeon and waited for him to open it. Hakyeon gasped and wrapped his arms around Jaehwan's neck and kissed him in front of everyone.

"Oh come on! What is it?" Sanghyuk yelled, getting held back by Taekwoon from going over to see what it was.

They pulled away and smiled at each other. "I couldn't just give you the key, I had to buy you something nice too." Jaehwan said, holding the box as Hakyeon started taking his earrings out and grabbing the ones out of the box.

"They're so pretty and perfect." Hakyeon put them in and showed them off to Jaehwan. "They're almost as pretty as you."

"No..." Jaehwan blushed before he was kissed again.

"Now, let me go get yours." Hakyeon ran off and left him there. Jaehwan looked around and laughed.

"I'm glad he likes them." He said quietly looking down at the box in his hand.

Hakyeon brought a largeish box and came right back to him. "Remember how much you liked some of those outfits when we were still in VIXX?"

"Yeah?"

"I got you some of them." Hakyeon put the box down and let him open it after he grabbed his presant and stuffed it in his pocket.

"Oh my god-" Jaehwan laughed and hugged Hakyeon again. "I love you so much right now."

"I love you too." They kissed and people around them started clapping. They were so happy, it was perfect.

"Wonshik! Hongbin! Do you have presents for each other?" Jaehwan and Hakyeon asked, still embracing in the middle of their living room.

They blushed and looked at each other. Wonshik rubbed his neck and looked down at his feet. Hongbin looked up at the ceiling.

"You didn't get each other presants?" Jaehwan asked with raised eyebrows. "What is wrong with you?"

"I'm broke!" Wonshik defended himself with a shrug.

"I didn't think about it." Hongbin tried to defend himself too, but they got disapproving looks from the crowd. "I'm sorry, Shikkie.."

"I'm sorry too, Hongbin." Wonshik reached around him and hugged him. "I guess this won't be the most fun Christmas we've had."

"What are you talking about?" Sanghyuk came out of the crowd to yell at the angsty couple. "You guys are finally dating each other! There are so many things you guys can be doing-"

Taekwoon smacked him on the back of his head. "Why are you like this, Hyuk?"

"Because they're perfect! They deserve the best Christmas!" Sanghyuk was pulled away from them so they could have their moment.

"Hongbin?"

"Yeah?" Hongbin looked up and was only centimeters from Wonshik.

"I love you." Wonshik moved even closer, lips barely apart from Hongbin's.

"I love you too." They pressed their lips together, and like Jaehwan and Hakyeon, got applause.

 

"Wait! Before we end, I'm sure Sanghyuk has something he wanted to do." Jaehwan pulled Sanghyuk and Taekwoon into the middle of the living room and backed away after they stayed there. "Go on."

"But we already exchanged gifts?" Taekwoon asked, staring at Sanghyuk to tell him what was happening. "Sanghyuk, what is it?"

"It's just, I don't want to lose you, y'know?" Sanghyuk looked up at him. "I'm just afraid that you might leave me, and I don't want that to happen."

"You know I won't-"

"You're not the problem! It's other people. I don't want you to fall in love with some other guy and leave me." Sanghyuk sighed and looked up at the ceiling. "God, this is harder than I thought it would be."

"What is harder than it should be? Is this what you talked about with Jaehwan earlier?"

"Taekwoon, I love you, so I'm not going to play this out longer than I should." Sanghyuk got down on one knee and Taekwoon gasped when he finally realized what was going on. "I love you, I love you more than anybody in the world. I think you're the most perfect human being in the entire universe... What I'm trying to say is, well, Jung Taekwoon, will you marry me?"

Taekwoon watched as he pulled a tiny box from behind his back and opened the shell to show off a silver band with something written inside. He pulled the box out of his hand and stared at it more. "Before I say yes-" He was booed, "-What does it say inside?"

Sanghyuk stood up while blushing. "It says 'forever and always', and then our names." He looked up to Taekwoon's face and saw tears streaming down his cheeks. "No, don't cry-"

"Yes!" Taekwoon leaned in and kissed him softly. "Yes, I will marry you, Han Sanghyuk. These are tears of joy." His voice wobbled in a way Sanghyuk hadn't heard before. "I love you."

"I love you too." Sanghyuk grabbed the ring out of the box and put it on Taekwoon's left ring finger. Then they kissed again, with more love than they had ever put into any other kiss they had shared before.

All around them, everyone was clapping and cheering for them. Jaehwan and Hakyeon smiled at each other and Jaehwan wrapped an arm around his waist and pecked him on the cheek. Hongbin and Wonshik clapped louder than anyone else. Wonshik was crying tears of joy and Hongbin had to hold onto him so he wouldn't collaspe because he was so happy.

"Merry Christmas." Sanghyuk said with a smile as they parted.

"Merry Christmas." Taekwoon pulled him in and kissed him again.

 

For all of them, this was the best Christmas ever. Maybe, even better for Sanghyuk and Taekwoon.