My place

Meet - Dance - Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Twelve years passed, Taekwoon now has become a 29 years old musician. If someone asked him the reason behind this choice, he wouldn’t know to answer because even in his wildest dream he would not even imagine he could be able to do this thing. Yes he has always loved music, but it was just a hobby. A good one.

He still remembered the last year in his high school. Everything was intense. Especially the last three months, everybody he knows working their asses off for the tests and the parents, the teachers pushed it to the highest level of stress. But the worst was not it that he felt. He was clueless. He didn’t know what he liked, what he wanted to be. Well, he used to have one. That was to become a soccer player, but after the injury of his leg made he quit soccer. He really couldn’t think of anything else. 

Every time he tried to think, all he got was a blank space in the picture of future he drew in his head. Until he couldn’t take it anymore, he came to music. It wouldn’t solve the problem, he knew. But it would make him forget about it for a time. And it was more than enough. He still remembered walking to the music room of his school, reaching for the piano and he started playing, letting his mind into it with a hope to get his mind clearer. What he didn’t expect was the clapping he heard after he finished playing. When he opened his eyes, he still didn’t think that would be the person would change his life forever. That was the CEO of his company, which he has attached to since then.

At first, when he got the offer, he refused it right away. But the CEO kept saying that he should try and when he said “you have talent son, I really mean it” and that knocked him down. Surprisingly, Takewoon really did have the talent for this. He’s better than he thought actually. He’s written a bunch of songs and they all became famous so he guessed it’s not that bad. And most important, he has ever felt more peaceful and relaxed like that before when he made music. So he guessed he has found his place.

………………………………..

Now Taekwoon’s drinking his morning coffee in his company named Jellyfish Ent. It’s a beautiful morning until Minwoo, one of his colleagues, slapped him in the back, which made him almost spilt the coffee on his favorite shirt, he kinda figured it wouldn’t be now. “What” he said, trying his best to sound calm, but not before gave him a famous-deadly glare of his.

“What are you doing here?” Minwoo asked and he rolled his eyes, looking to the cup of coffee, raised his eyebrow in a way to show his “are you blind” feature.

Minwoo, seemed to get what it meant, rolled his eyes before saying “no, what I mean was what are you STILL doing here?” and when Taekwoon raised his eyebrow again, a sign to show he didn’t understand, he rolled his eyes again “Do you remember which day is today?”

Taekwoon looked up to the celling, let’s see. What day could it be, today was April 12th, it’s not any special holidays, not someone’s birthday in the company that he knew. April 12th, April 12th … Damn it!

“You remember it now? Oh God you’re truly that forgetful like you said, that’s why you asked me to remind it for you. And you’ve been 15 minutes late now” Minwoo said while watching his stripped-pink grossly watch.

Taekwoon gave him the half emptied cup of coffee and ran away to the opposite way without saying a word, he still could hear Minwoo shouting “You owe me a lunch” behind his back on his way.

10 minutes later, he came in front of the room, breathing like a pig for running too fast. He calmed himself before opening the door and just like he guessed. The audition has already begun. Everyone was focusing on the boy standing so no one really noticed him, luckily. So he went to the judges’ seats quietly, not trying to gain any attention. When he just posited himself, he could feel the glare of the person next to him “You’re late Taekwoon ah!” that person said quietly, but the unpleased could

Please log in to read the full chapter