Mini Sloth vs Mega Sloth

The (embarrassing) adventures of Kindness and Envy

Mini Sloth vs Mega Sloth

(Mini Luhan vs Daddy Luhan)

Mini Sloth as Luhan

Mega Sloth as Daddy Luhan (I'm bound to give him a name sooner or later XD)

P.S: Awkward spacing because I had this pre-written on my phone.

-

“We’ll bring you to Italy for our wedding anniversary. Are you excited, Luhan?”

-

Luhan, age 8, was playing with his toys when he heard a scream and a loud thud.

"Mommy?" Luhan whispered as he peeked into the master bedroom. His mom didn't allow him to be inside the room without her permission.

His mother's back was turned to him, and he almost thought the scream was just a figment of his imagination, until he noticed his mother’s body trembling.

"Gone... All of it... Gone."

"Mommy!" Luhan gasped as he ran in, hugging her. She let out a strange choking sound as she wrapped her arms around him tightly.

"I’m sorry, Luhan. We can't go to Italy anymore. We don't have the money..."

Luhan wriggled out of her embrace and pointed at the box on the floor.

"Is it his fault? There's a baddie inside that took away Italy didn't he? Don't be scared mommy, I'll protect you!"

Luhan's mother smiled at him, but not a second later, she burst out crying.

"Mommy?" Luhan blinked in surprise, his mom had never cried like this before, not even when they were watching those sad dramas!

Luhan's mother was beyond comforting, her body wrecked with sobs as she hugged Luhan. "He took all of the money... I'm sorry I broke my promise... I'm sorry I didn't try hard enough... I'm sorry."

Luhan didn't understand what his mother was apologizing for. "It's okay, I've got my savings, and I can sell off my toys so we can go to Italy! Please don't cry..."

His mother sobbed harder, and soon, Luhan started crying as well. It hurt him to see his mother like this; he didn't want to see her in pain. He felt sad too, and wondered why the evil box had swallowed all of his mother's money.

-

Luhan woke up to raised voices and the sound of plates shattering.

"Mommy?" Luhan called out as he got out of his room and headed towards the kitchen. To his surprise, his father was at home and sitting at the dining table, while his mother was sweeping the kitchen floor.

"Daddy, you took the day off to play with me? Hurray!" Luhan cheered as he ran to the dining table, grinning as he plopped down on his seat. 

"Are you going to just stand there? At least give Luhan something to eat." Luhan's father said as he shot an icy look at Luhan's mother.

"Oh..." Luhan's mother trailed off as she grabbed a bowl and started pouring out cereal.

"Daddy, will you bring me to school? What games will we play when I get back?"

"Sorry, I'm busy." Came the curt reply.

Luhan was disappointed, but it was okay, at least Luhan's mother seemed to be feeling better. He finished off breakfast quickly and went to school by himself.

-

Bouncing with excitement, Luhan skipped down the street before stumbling when he noticed a black car parked outside his house, and he quickly ran to hide behind a bush.

 

'Oh no, it's just like in the movies! A scary man dressed in black wearing sunglasses will come out of the car and shoot the aliens! Oh my god, what if there are aliens at home? What do I do?'

Luhan had a light bulb moment and snuck out of the bush. He grabbed a twig on the ground as a weapon and prepared himself before he speedily ran to his house and opened the front door with a slam.

"Mommy, there's a scary-"

"-and stop making things harder for yourself!" 

A slap.

Luhan stared as his mother fell to the floor, hand flying to her reddening left cheek.

Luhan stared at his father, chest heaving as he shook with anger. "Just accept it! Quit complaining and just accept it!"

"Daddy?" Luhan whispered as his father striked his mother's cheek again.

He didn't understand what was going on, why was daddy shouting? Why wasn't his mommy doing anything? What was that black car parked outside?

"Honey." A firm voice from behind echoed through the house, and someone shoved Luhan to the side.

"Honey, the limo's waiting and the driver is getting impatient. Aren't you done yet?" Silky sweet voice whispering honey into his father's ears, an arm wrapping around his father's as a young woman pressed herself against his father.

"Listen, just accept the money and sign the papers. Don't make me file a lawsuit against you." Luhan's father spat at Luhan's mother before he turned to the woman with a smile. "Let's go."

The pair walked towards the front door, and Luhan held his breath as he made eye contact with his father.

His father walked past him, and the woman turned around to give one last smile at Luhan.

Luhan stared at his father's retreating back as the pair entered the limousine, until it was nothing but a faint black dot in the distance.

Luhan didn't understand what his father had done until he had grown older, but that didn't stop him from hating the man right from the very moment he stepped through the front door.

-

“Luhan, don’t cry… It’s going to be okay. You’re going to wake up tomorrow and everything will be okay.” His mother hummed as she wiped away the tears on Luhan’s face.

“I… I don’t get it, w-why… Why did she do that?” Luhan sniffled.

“Well…” Luhan’s mother paused, before smiling sadly at Luhan, “Sometimes people do that. They don’t owe us any favors; they don’t have to be nice to us.”

“Then what’s the use of us being nice at all?”

“We’re different compared to them. You’re not like her, are you?” Luhan nodded. “You’re Luhan, so you’re going to be better than her. We are better than her. If you behave like her, then you’re no different from her. So cheer up, Luhan!”

“I don’t get it… Why do you smile, mommy? Why don’t you act like those women in the dramas, why don’t you go get revenge and make her suffer?” Luhan asked earnestly as his mother gestured for him to get up.

“I smile because I still have you, Luhan. Your daddy was very kind to let me have you.”

Just as Luhan was about to protest, his mother tut-tutted at him. “That’s enough questions for the day; let’s clean up this mess, shall we?”

Luhan, age 9, stared at the broken flower pots; paint splattered on the once pristine white walls and overturned furniture. He turned to his mother with a laugh and pointed at one of the paint splatters.

“That looks like a star!”

Because I still have you.

-

“Let him go to the school, it’s what’s right.”

Luhan, 15 year old, peeked out from his door. Yes, his mother had told him to stay in his room, but he had to make sure that nothing bad would happen. After all, it isn’t everyday your father and ‘step-mother’ come to visit you on a fine winter morning without calling first.

“What’s right is something I should decide.” Luhan’s mother stated with her fists clenched in her lap. Luhan could tell his mother was getting upset.

“We were going to send his brother there after he graduates, and since Luhan has never seen him, I thought it would be nice for them to-”

“-Have you ever thought about Luhan?” Luhan’s mother cut in, venom filling her voice.

His father scoffed at the question, “Of course I have! I’m his father, for heaven’s sake! What’s wrong with you?”

“If you have, then why aren’t you considering what Luhan thinks about all this? Do you think he wants to associate with his step-brother?”

“Of course-”

“Don’t be ridiculous, we came here to offer to pay for Luhan’s education, pave his future and you try to negotiate with us?” The woman laughed, cold and humorless. “Aren’t you a little too poor to try and refuse us?”

Luhan’s once-frowning face contorted into a snarl, and he dug his fingers into the door to try and stop himself from running out there and beating her up.

That woman… That woman!

“I understand that the school is good for Luhan’s future, and I want nothing but the best for him, but-!”

“Are you actually going to say that Luhan shouldn’t know his brother better? With the amount of gangsters I see him hanging around with, I think he should be more than content to go to this school.” The woman sneered, settling the teacup in her hand on the table forcefully.

“Luhan doesn’t hang out with gangsters, you-”

“Mom. Dad.” Luhan greeted as he walked out of his room, pulling out the chair next to his mother’s with a smile.

“Don’t forget to greet your auntie now.” The woman smiled back in return at Luhan, her eyes glinting with something dangerous.

“Auntie, how nice to see you,” Luhan bowed mockingly at her.

“The boy has manners, how wonderful!” She laughed, like Luhan’s presence was the funniest thing she had ever experienced.

“Indeed, very nice to see you after you left such a mess here last time. In fact,” Luhan smacked the table in joy, “I think you may actually have a few wrinkles since the last time I saw you. Haven’t gone for your daily visit to the Botox doctor yet?”

The woman’s smile slipped right off, her fingers twitching as she glared at Luhan.

“Luhan, behave.” Luhan’s father barked as he turned to look at the woman on his right. “Your step-mother… She’s been busy with work lately; she hasn’t had enough time to sleep.”

Out of the corner of his eye, Luhan could see his mother lifting a hand to cover as she tried to stifle her laugh. Luhan grinned, feeling his mother relax beside him.

The woman cleared , “Anyway, its final. Luhan, you’re going to Crystalmount Institution after you graduate in a week’s time.”  

“Fine.” Luhan said as he crossed his arms, smiling at the woman in front of him as she frowned in confusion.

“W-Wait, you’re okay with that?”

“Of course, Auntie. Anything to make you sleep better at night! Wouldn’t want to see my favorite step-mother’s face full of wrinkles next time I see you. Don’t you think so, dad?”

Luhan’s dad stared at Luhan in surprise, a faint blush creeping onto his cheeks.

“Y-Yes, of course.”

Wait until you see what I can do to you.

-

Aaaaaaaand there's a reason why Luhan is Sloth (Discouragement) in this story.

Of course, this is quite different from the Luhan we all saw in the first chapter, but you'll see why soon! For all the hunhan shippers, please don't worry, this isn't anything like Tao and Chanyeol's history. Sehun isn't Luhan's stepbrother (oooooooh tho), if he was, then they wouldn't be the first ship to get into a relationship XD

And apparantly I was worried for nothing! Luhan's mother screams once in this chapter... That's not a good thing, but y'know. Gotta keep the cycle going :D I think Sulay and Xiuchen hasn't had any chapters yet, so I'll work on that for the next update. Baekyeol's already written on my phone, but's its a disppointing 600+ word chapter so I have to write more first. Every chapter just keeps getting longer and longer!

So this was part 2 of the 'double' update, yay!

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, and I wish everyone a good day ahead! :D <3

-Adoruziall

P.S: Don't you just love how Luhan treated the woman after he grows up lol he's adorable <33 And of course, kiddy Luhan (mini Luhan) is adorable as well!