Wrath vs Patience

The (embarrassing) adventures of Kindness and Envy

Wrath vs Patience

(Kyungsoo vs Jongin)

-

Kyungsoo as Wrath

Jongin as Patience

-

I wrote this chapter to this song.

-

After confirming his name with the senior at the front of the school, Jongin takes the slip of paper he’s been given and goes in search of his dorm room.

Room 203, with someone named Do Kyungsoo.

Jongin doesn’t know what to expect of Do Kyungsoo. Will he be nice? Will he be a clean-freak? Will he be someone who brings girls back to the dorm?

But still, Jongin knows that this school is a sign of hope for him. A break from the tiring quietness of his dad’s house. Finally, he wouldn’t cause more trouble for everyone. So it doesn’t matter how Do Kyungsoo is like. What matters is that Jongin should stay here, it’s the best option.

After many twists and turns, Jongin finds it. Room 203.

He sighs and tries to calm his himself. He should leave a good first impression on his new dorm mate right? With a knock on the door, Jongin twists the doorknob and enters the room.

Jongin doesn’t have high expectations of anything, really. But having a knife pointed at him is not anywhere close to low expectations.

“Oh, sorry. It’s not what it looks like; I was just cleaning the knife.” Kyungsoo says before he shows Jongin the white cloth in his left hand, and lowers his knife-wielding right hand. Jongin blinks fast as he thumps his chest, trying to calm his racing heart.

“What a… great first impression.” Jongin mumbles under his breath as he moves to the left side of the room, Kyungsoo already organizing the knick-knacks on the right bed.

“Did you say something?” Kyungsoo stares at Jongin, his knife-wielding right hand suddenly pointed in Jongin’s direction again.

“What?! No, no, ah, nothing… I was just…” Jongin trembles as he makes eye-contact with Kyungsoo. Somehow, it felt like Kyungsoo’s too-wide eyes were staring into the depths of his soul, and that made Jongin sigh as he sat down on his bed, breaking the eye-contact.

“I’m Kai, nice to meet you, Kyungsoo.”

Leave a great first impression, my .

Kyungsoo nods slightly before turning his attention back to changing the sheets on his bed.

-

Scary.

Jongin thinks as he stares at the white ceiling of the dorm room. It was already bedtime, or so Kyungsoo had announced before promptly switching off all the lights in the dorm, not bothering to ask if Jongin was okay with that.

Jongin couldn’t sleep. How could he? He might not even wake up tomorrow if he let his guard down around Kyungsoo. The tanned male sighs as he flips over and stares at Kyungsoo’s back across the room. How could Kyungsoo possibly sleep so soundly? Jongin himself wasn’t used to sleeping in this lumpy bed, and especially not sleeping in a room with someone dangerous.

“Staring is rude.” Kyungsoo’s voice cuts through the silence of the room.

Jongin gasps and fumbles with wrapping his blanket around him. “I-I didn’t mean to, sorry.”

After a long period of silence, Jongin sighs and tugs the blanket off of him. Kyungsoo's back was still turned to him, breathing even and calm. Jongin was wide awake; there was no way he could sleep tonight. He slips out of bed and tries to smooth down his messy hair, before slipping into his shoes that were placed near the door. With a click, Jongin leaves the room and out into the hallways.

Kyungsoo’s eyes blink open and he turns around to see that Jongin is gone.

Kyungsoo isn’t surprised.

-

Jongin knows that no students are allowed to be out of their dorms after 11 pm, but he can’t help it. It felt too stuffy in the room, the tension thick and it reminded him too much of how it felt like back in his dad’s house. Even back then, he had his dogs to cuddle with, at least. They made it bearable in that cold house. Here? Everything was foreign, shiny and strange.

I can’t regret being here. It’s better here than being back there. I can’t regret.

Jongin walks out of the dorm building and looks around. Dimly lit stone pathways and trees everywhere. The air is cold and Jongin can’t help but wish his dogs were here. Jongin could always count on walking them to clear his mind.

I guess I can only walk myself.

Jongin smiles at that pathetic, sad joke but continues walking anyway. After a while, he finds a wooden bench near the main chemistry building and sits down, flipping out his phone as he swipes through his contacts.

Jongin didn’t have many close friends back there, and besides, no one was awake at this hour. There was nothing he could entertain himself with.

“What are you doing?”

Jongin gasps as he looks up from his phone to find someone standing in front of him.

A monitor?

“Uh… Nothing. I’m sorry, I’ll get back to my dorm now-” A hand grips his elbows and tugs him down onto the bench.

“Hey, don’t. I’m not a monitor, relax. I just wanted someone to talk to.”

Jongin cautiously sits back down, and stares at the male beside him.

“I’m Sehun, 1st year student and you are…?” Sehun smiles as he extends his hand.

“Kai, 1st year student too.” Jongin grins as he shakes Sehun’s hand. Finally someone who seems normal. 

“Got a dangerous roommate too and can’t fall asleep?”

Sehun pauses to stare at Jongin, eyebrow raised. “You’re serious?”

Jongin nods.

“Hah, I wish. Mine is… well, honestly, promise not to tell anyone?” Sehun’s voice drops down to a dramatic whisper as edges closer to Jongin’s ear.

“Promise.”

“He’s… My roommate's causing me to pop boners all over the school.”

Silence.

Jongin stares at Sehun, dumbfounded. One look at Sehun’s serious face, and Jongin bursts out laughing, slapping Sehun’s thigh.

“You’re kidding! And you want to trade your roommate with mine? I’d rather have someone attractive then someone who wants to kill me!”

“Come on,” Sehun whines, “Your roommate sounds fine! Luhan is crazy, he wanted to dye my hair one second, and the next, he wants to put mascara on me- Hey, don’t laugh!”

Jongin’s chest is heaving as he tries to calm himself down, his face almost hurting from how hard he’s smiling.

The pair spends the next few hours on the bench, talking the night away.

-

Jongin slowly opens the door and turns to close it. When he turns back around, Kyungsoo is right in front of him, face set in an intimidating glare.

Jongin lets out a scream and his hands automatically fly to thump his chest several times to calm his racing heart.

“Did you sleep?”

“Huh?” Jongin blurts out and mentally slaps himself. Way to sound like an idiot!

Kyungsoo sighs and pulls Jongin closer, tip-toeing as he stares at Jongin’s eyebags. Jongin starts sweating under Kyungsoo’s scrutinizing gaze and clears his throat.

“Go to sleep now. That’s an order.”

Kyungsoo leads Jongin to his bed, and leaves the room only when he ensures Jongin in tucked in and is snoring, sound asleep.

-

Jongin wakes up with a start when a loud, piercing sound rings through the room. He falls out of his bed and notices the alarm clock on Kyungsoo’s bed, and stares in surprise before his brain reminds him that he actually has to turn it off or their dorm will get complains.

8 am. Jongin reads the time off the clock and gets up off the floor. Exactly an hour for me to eat breakfast and shower.

Jongin shakes off the silly thought creeping into his head. There’s no way Kyungsoo set the alarm for Jongin on purpose, he must’ve just woken up earlier than he intended and left his alarm on. After all, someone who points a knife at you the first time you meet each other, appears behind you all of a sudden, and pushes you so roughly into bed… Couldn’t possibly be that kind.

Jongin’s phone vibrates and he grins at the text message.

Sehun: Let’s go get breakfast in 10 minutes. Waiting for you at the bench. Don’t be late!

No, there was no way Kyungsoo was that kind.

-

A/N: And here's how Kaisoo first meet each other!

I was actually really upset when I started writing this chapter, which is why it seemed so sad and dreary. Towards the end though, I started feeling happy again because I could totally imagine the interaction between Sehun and Jongin happening in real life!

I like Kaisoo's relationship too, oh my. >< I honestly wasn't intending to make Kyungsoo like this so early in the fic, but oh well! 

Can you guys guess something about Kyungsoo? The clues are all here in this chapter! 

At first I thought nobody screamed in this chapter so I was really upset but then I reread everything and realised Jongin screams when Kyungsoo pops up after he closes the dorm door! Heck yeah! So the first chapter, Sehun screamed, second chapter, Tao screamed, and this chapter, Jongin screamed. Can you guys guess who's next?

I've got quite a few things planned for Kaisoo's relationship. I know my writing style is the kind to skip any character development and just make the characters fall in love at first sight, so I decided to do something diferrent for Kaisoo. The first pairing to get into a relationship will be Hunhan, followed by Sulay/Xiuchen, then Kaisoo, and Chanbaek/Taoris will probably happen in the same chapter. Don't worry if your OTP isn't first, trust me, the wait is worth it! ;D 

Poor Sehunnie can't sleep at night when Luhan is sleeping right there in the same room as him... ;D <3

Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you have a great day ahead! <3

-Adoruziall

P.S I finally figured out a sort-of-not-sort-of schedule for updating. Updates will come randomly, but the story will be updated in two consecutive days! The next chapter doesn't have someone screaming (I think). If you read the fanfic feed beside this chapter, you'll notice I was talking about the Luhan chapter! It's a chapter based very far off in the future, but it doesn't give as many spoilers as I originally thought it would, so I'll be posting it tomorrow. Prepare your hearts though! :( It's not a very happy chapter...

Everything is unedited, sorry! D: