where things aren't favorable doted on

one is less than three u

Chanhee yawns. His father has called him since yesterday asking his whereabouts the maid stated. He groggily pours the fresh milk into the glass and pops a seedless red grape into his mouth.

“It’s finished!” Luna, his maid cries as she placing the plate on the table –in front of her master, to be specific.

“It’s just an egg and two sausages, why it takes you long?” Chanhee pouts, gripping a fork and stabs the hot sausage.

Luna pouts. “Even it’s only just an egg and two sausages,” she emphasizes, “ –at least, I could cook rather than you, who is burning the water only.” She smirks, watching his flushed face. “Seriously, Chanhee… you are way worse than Niel. At least he could a decent instant ramen.”

“Yah, yah!” Chanhee sips his milk hastily. “I’m a man and man does not cook.”

Shrugging, the girl hums teasingly and strides to the sink to put the used pan. “Hey.” She whispers, enough for both of them to hear in that apartment’s kitchen. “Chanhee-ah, how long have you been with that guy?” she turns the faucet and lets the water flow.

“That guy?” Chanhee tilts his head. “Who… Ah, you mean Minsoo hyung? We’ve been dating for officially two months now.” All of sudden, he blushes for nothing or is it for everything that he had said?. Oh, snap from it he thought.

“ –really loves him…”

“What?” Chanhee raises his head questioningly. He smiles sheepishly when Luna swirling around with her pale face. “Could you repeat what you have said before?”

She sighs, closing both of her eyes. “Nothing, Chanhee… nothing. Eh, but you know sleeping around before your marriage is hardly opposed by your dad.”

“Yeah, I know that.” He mumbles.

Luna smiles weakly. “And I saw you and that guy sleeps together in your room…”

“That…” Chanhee chuckles, “-doesn’t mean we are doing that you know. Even I don’t dote on my dad, but I would hear him.”

“Oh, really?” she grins widely. “You know, I’m planning to make strawberry cheesecake for today’s picnic.”

“I love that!” he squeals.

---

Each times his dad speaks to him, Chanhee could not feel nothing except a little bit scared with his dad’s words. Well, not a little bit of scared actually. It is terrifying! The moment he steps into the dimly lit work room of his dad, he shivers. The tall and lean man in his glorious fifty five is a solemn man. He has that kind of aura that could make anyone petrified of him.

“Chanhee ah.”

The said twenty years old lad tries his best to not collapse in front of his dearest dad. “Yes, dad?” he squeaks.

The man smirks, walking to his trembled (not that bad) son and pulls him into a bear hug. “You know how miserable am I after your mom died and how dark is the world after she left us? She was a beautiful lady, indeed. Her eyes, nose and lips are just like you. Each time I see your smile, I could see your mother in you. And I have promised to her and myself that I would give the best to you, our precious son.”

Chanhee could sense that his dad is crying badly and he feels the same. It’s rarely for his old man to open up about his late wife after ten years. He knows how miserable they are. Chanhee and his dad fought every time they met and in his seventeen years old, he took the drastic decision; he left home and started a new life. His dad fumed and they got into a big quarrel again that lasted until his nineteen years old glory. They made up during the last Christmas (after lots of bribing from Changjo, Ricky and Niel), he apologized to his dad and the old man wrapped him into the warm embrace that Chanhee missed, a lot.

“Daddy.” he blinks the tears formed.

His dad sniffles, “It’s been a long time since you called me that, Channie.” He chortles, ruffling his son’s hair.

“And we’re back to five, daddy?” Chanhee smiles, genuinely.

Pecking his son’s forehead, Mr. Lee shakes his head, patting the back of his son. “If you want to.” Faint rings heard across the room from the table in the middle. The man walks briskly, leaving his smiling son behind and answers the device. “Yes, Mr. Lee?” he nods as he taking a glimpse on the caller ID.

 

 

“Where are we going?” Chanhee asks, unbuckling his seatbelt once they arrive at a secluded park. “Whoa! This is nice.” He smiles, eyes fluttering when the soft breeze hits his cheeks.

“Did Luna inform you about the picnic?” His dad brushes the dusts away from his casual cloth. Chanhee nods his head, affirming the question.

“Is it the whole family in the house? It seems more people.” Chanhee looks around. Some of the people are strange to him.

His dad pushes him to walk, “Well, let’s meet our new family.”

---

Gasping loudly, Chanhee scurries to the back of his dad. Out of the blue, why this guy must be in front of him? Oh la la… Chanhee rolls his eyes. Do you forget that your father has planned a marriage of you with this guy, Lee Chanhee he says. So much meeting with the new family. He bites his lips.

“Byunghun, why don’t you take Chanhee for a walk?” Byunghun’s father nudges his son and sheepishly, Byunghun takes the said speechless boy away from their fathers.

“Yah,” Chanhee hisses. “What are you doing?” he swanks his hand from Byunghun’s grip.

Shrugging, Byunghun plasters an annoying smile, “Of course, taking you for a walk, Chunji.”

Chanhee rolls his eyes, “Don’t make me throw another bow, L.Joe.” He grins triumphantly, watching the lad gawks and scrambles to cover his lips. The scene happened before replays in their mind.

“You won’t, won’t you?” Byunghun scoffs, looking at the grinning lad annoyingly.

“Make me,” Chanhee crosses his arms, smiling significantly.

 

 


And I say, how about let’s take this to another step. Sorry, guys… I don’t mean this ‘neway. TT^TT

I think I need a refresher right now. See you later.