When Jongdae kissed Shin-ae, his long-time best friend, for a bet and then realized he has a feeling for her

MissJinJoo's Scenario Shop: From L, For L (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 
 
 

 

For: KeyChunDae

Words: 1535

 

Thanks for requesting!

 

 

A/N: Artist!AU

 

“Here is your script. They might ask about your new relationship, but you do know what to say, right?”

Jongdae nodded slightly as he took a few A4 sized papers from his manager, Joonmyun. “I guess”, he muttered, almost whispered, before plopping himself on the couch in the waiting room.

Joonmyun heaved a sigh, but if anything, he chose not to question the singer before him about the troubled look on his face. He bet Jongdae had enough already. The last week’s incident especially was a hell one he could say. “It is okay. Just do like you always do, hurm?”

“Thanks, hyung”, Jongdae replied faintly, and Joonmyun smiled as he patted the younger’s shoulder, as if it was his way to tell him that everything would be fine.

“Read the script, okay? I will go buy your dinner then”

“Oh… okay”, Jongdae looked up from his script as he said, eyes following his manager’s retreating back with a grateful smile. He is glad that his company put him under Joonmyun’s care, and he surely had never being any less thankful towards the older through all these time.

The singer shifted his attention back to the papers in his hand when his ears perked up at the sound of the door opening not long after that. He raised his head to peer and immediately became stiff upon seeing the person in front of him now.

Shin-ae

“Don’t bother me. I am only checking on you for a show. I will be out in a while”, Shin-ae said as she took a seat near Jongdae, not even sparing a look to the male. She occasionally looked at her watch and played with her smartphone, which somehow made the other disheartened by the unusual silent.

I miss you… Shin-ae

Finding his script no longer interested him, Jongdae couldn’t help but to stare at Shin-ae then. He has known the girl since they were in elementary. They also went to the same high school, became a deskmate, and even they take different courses now—he is in Vocal programme while she is an Acting major, they are still in the very same university.

They are friend. Best friend if he may add. Moreover, the media and the fans alike always regarded them as siblings because they are so close, though Shin-ae is practically his senior in the industry. She made her debut as an actress during their high school days, whilst it has been just two years since he was introduced as the new soloist from SM entertainment.

However, Jongdae found that things are awkward between him and Shin-ae at the moment. He wanted to fix it. He really did. But he had no idea how to do so when the actress herself seemed to avoid him lately.

If only I didn’t use you for that damn bet, would we still be fine?

“What are you doing here?”, Jongdae asked, and he imaginarily patted himself on the shoulder for sounding very calm there. “I meant this is radio station. Do you perhaps have a shooting nearby?”

Shin-ae coldly looked up to Jongdae for a brief, before turning to her phone afterward. “I will be the special DJ with Ryeowook oppa later”

“R-really? Wow that is good!”, Jongdae replied rather cheerfully. Well isn’t this great? Shin-ae talked to him at last. “You must be thrilled, huh? You used to tell me that you wanted to be a DJ once or at least acted as one in your drama—“

“Cut it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter