Chapter 06

The Letter of Us

 

I stepped out of the car and gaped at the gated mansion in front of my eyes. “Surprised?”,Baro laughed. I slowly nodded and turned my attention back to them,”So why am I here again?” “We’re ditching class!”,Gongchan beamed. My eyes widened,”What?!” “Why not? It’s Friday, anyway.”,Jinyoung shrugged. Sandeul went over to the gates and pressed the doorbell. “Who is it?”,a female voice called from the speaker. “Mom~ It’s Sandeul!~”,he grinned. “You guys are ditching class again?”,she asked but the gate snapped open. He pushed the gate open as the other 4 followed, but I stood by the gate, unsure. “Come on.”,Shinwoo waved me over. I uneasily shifted my weight onto my other leg as I bit my lip,”Won’t your mom think it’s strange that you’re bringing a girl to your house?” Sandeul laughed,”Of course not. She’s met you before, anyway.” “Anyway, should’ve thought about that earlier before getting pushed into a mysterious black car! You’re too late now, dear!~”,Jinyoung put his arm over my shoulders and dragged me into the house. “Hey! I didn’t get pushed into there on my own free will! It was Gongchan’s fault!”,I pouted as he practically shoved me through the front door.
--
I blinked at the board game that was currently being set up. “Why are we playing this again?”,I asked as I stabbed a pear with a fork. I bit a piece off the pear as the shoulder of Sandeul’s sweater drooped off again. I put it back up, annoyed. Why was I wearing Sandeul’s sweater and his boxer shorts as pants? Well...
-Earlier :D-
We were standing by the pond in Sandeul’s backyard. I poked the stick into the pond as I began drawing in the water. “3!”,Baro shouted and suddenly, I was pushed into the pond. “AH!”,I screamed as my whole body flopped into the pond. I blinked a little before realizing what happened. I looked up at the 5 and glared their way. Baro cleared his throat and hit Gongchan’s shoulder,”Look what you did, Gongchan! You should be ashamed!” “WHAT?!”,Gongchan shrieked,”Hyungs did it too!” I stepped out of the pond as Sandeul threw a towel at me. I blinked and looked up as kept the backyard door open,”Let’s go inside.”
--
“5! YES! AHA!”,Jinyoung shouted energetically as the dice landed on 5. He moved his boat forward 5 spaces and put two stick figures in the boat,”HAH! I GOT 2 KIDS NOW, ERS!” Yes. We were currently playing The Game of Life. “Pfft. Whatever, hyung. My turn.”,Baro rolled his eyes and then the dice. It landed on 3, meaning he got promoted. His eyes sparkled,”YES! GIVE ME THE MONEY, BIII---”,he was going to curse, but quickly fixed it,”FOOL!” Gongchan made a face but slapped the fake money onto his palm. Shinwoo rolled his eyes,”So immature.” He rolled the dice and landed on marriage. His eyes widened, and for the first time,”HAH! I BEAT YOU IN GETTING MARRIED, SANDEUL! BEAT THAT! HAH!” He stuck the pink stick figure into the front next to him. Sandeul pouted but rolled, and landed on marriage. His eyes sparkled in delight,”Yes!” *Hyomin.*,he thought happily as he stuck the stick figure in the front, next to his. The game continued on until it was 11 PM and Gongchan passed out with his face, landing onto the game board. Jinyoung grabbed the board and closed it as Gongchan’s head now hit the hard floor. Surprisingly, he still didn’t wake up. Shinwoo and Baro yawned,”Can we stay here today, Sandeul?” Sandeul nodded eagerly,”Why not?” “Night~”,they waved and separated into 2 of the 8 rooms. His mom and dad occupied one room while he occupied one, and the rest were guest rooms just in case his friends stayed the night. “I’m gonna crash here, too. See ya~”,he waved and dissappeared with Gongchan on his back as they took 2 more rooms. “Do you want me to walk you home?”,he asked me. I yawned and stretched my arms,”It’s cool. I got it.” “Why don’t you stay here?”,he blurted. I turned my head to face him,”Huh?” “I-I mean... It’s dark and it’s not safe to walk home at night, especially when there’s rapists and creepers around and you know what’s even worse?”,he leaned in,”Gangsters.” I blinked at him as he kept on blabbering. I giggled,”Wow, Sandeul. You must really want me to spend the night or something.” “N-No! That’s not it! I mean, I do. Wait no, that.. ARGH!”,he clutched onto his head. I giggled,”I’ll stay. Just let me call my parents.” His face brightened,”Okay! I’ll go get your room ready!~” He left to get the room prepared as I dialed in my parents’ phone number. “Hello?”,my mom answered, sounding kind of tired. “Mom, I’m sleeping at a friend’s house today.”,I drew circles on the ground. “Which friend?”,she slightly yawned. “Sandeul.”,I answered as I lay down on my back. She gasped,”LEE JUNGHWAN?!” I nodded and closed my eyes,”Yeah.” “Okay! Take your time, sweetie! Good luck!”,I could hear that she winked. “Okay. Sleep well.”,I smiled and hung up. Sandeul came down,”The room’s ready.” “Huh? Oh. Okay.”,I yawned and kind of sat up, but fell back on my back. “Ow.”,I lightly whined and rubbed my back with my eyes closed, ‘cause I was really tired. Sandeul chuckled and came over,”Want me to carry you?” “Asdfghjkl...”,I mumbled something incoherently before completely passing out. He softened and carried me up to the room that happened to be next to his. He lay me on the bed and put the covers over me as he moved my bangs away from my face. “Good night.”,he softly whispered as he kissed my forehead gently and left.
--
This chapter was a meaner to get put up! D: Oh well. LOL.