Chapter 04

The Letter of Us

 

“Araso! Hwanha, if you eat that bowl of soup, oppa will get you 5 cones of ice cream!”,Sandeul bribed Hwanha. She suspiciously eyed him,”I don’t know about that, oppa. You said that to me a lot of times, but all I got was 1. No wait, HALF OF A CONE!”,she pouted and crossed her arms. “Araso araso! Oppa promises! Just eat the bowl of soup!”,he begged. “Nope~”,she looked the other way. “Hwanha-ah.”,I called her,”If you eat the bowl of soup, unnie will get you 1 ice cream cone. AND unnie will flick oppa’s forehead for you.” She puffed out her cheeks,”Make it 2 cones.” “Deal.”,I held out my pinky and she laced hers through mine. “Okay! Eat the soup now.”,I smiled. She unwillingly ate the soup slowly. After I got her ice cream for her and she began eating after eating her soup, Sandeul held up his bangs, protesting,”Hey, you never told me about this.” “Well it was either this or not get her to eat the soup at all.”,I shrugged and got ready to flick his forehead. “Yo, if you flick my forehead hard, I’m gonna get you at school tomorrow!”,he pouted. “Is that a challenge?”,I raised my eyebrow. “Pfft. Nevermind. Like you would dare to flick my forehead hard anyway.”,he casually shrugged. “Try me.”,I said sternly and flicked his forehead. Hard.
- - - - - - - -
We were walking out of the restaurant. “Omo, Junghwan-ah, what happened to your forehead?”,Mrs. Lee blinked at the giant red mark on his forehead. “Oh nothing nothing.”,he glared at me. I stuck my tounge out at him,”Merong.” We were saying our farewells. Hwanha hugged me,”Bye, unnie!~ See you next time!” “Bye, Hwanha-ah.”,I smiled and pulled away. “Aigoo, I’ll see you next time, Hyomin!~”,Mrs. Lee smiled and hugged me. Mr. Lee held out an arm,”See you later.” I waved,”Bye.” “We’ll be in the car.”,our parents winked at us and left. “So, I’ll see you at school tomorrow.”,Sandeul smiled at me. “Yup.”,I accidentally shivered from the cold. “Why didn’t you take your jacket?”,he laughed. “I didn’t think it’d get cold.”,I mumbled. He took out his regular striped jacket and put it over my shoulders,”It’s better than nothing, right?” “Yeah.”,I giggled,”Bye, Sandeul!” We separated ways into the two different cars. I got in the backseat and my mom turned around and winked at me,”So, you and Junghwan were pretty close back there.” “Oh mom.”,I sighed but smiled as I put his jacket around me properly.