Chapter 05

The Letter of Us

 

The school was filled with chatter in all the classrooms as it always was in the mornings, lunch, and after school. The noises heard were feet shuffling around, combinations being twirled, locks clicking open, and the thud that the locker door would create whenever it was opened or closed. Click! My lock clicked open. I opened the locker door and pulled out my books. I heard people gossipping once more about the note and I sighed,”Another day full of gossip.” I walked over to the queenkas as they ignored my presence. “Hi..”,I muttered as I sat down next to them. “Oh look, it’s Hyomin, the girl caught up in a scandal.”, Lenah sweetly smiled. “I’m not in the mood to fight right now, Lenah.”,I frowned. “Wow, Hyomin not in the mood to fight with me? How new is this?”,she smirked. I stood up and grabbed her collar as she stared at me, shocked. “I told you. I’m not in the mood for your crappy attitude. I’ve had enough, especially for the mere fact that gossip is going around the school saying I put a love letter in Sandeul’s locker when I didn’t!”,I shouted. She scoffed and pushed my arms away,”Just admit it. You put that note in his locker, but since he rejected it, you pretended you didn’t. How low.”,she grabbed my collar and glared at me as I glared in return,”Don’t take out your anger on ME. I can do so much more damage than you ever can.” I pushed her back so her hands release my collar.”Hyomin. Lenah. Sit down or leave.”,Yeeun glared at us. Lenah rolled her eyes and sat down next to Jenhee, her arms and legs crossed. I rolled my eyes and left.
- - - - - - - -
“Hyomin!”,Gongchan shouted, which caused me to automatically spin around. He grinned and ran over,”Hey.” “Hi.”,I smiled in return. “Where are you going?”,he blinked. “Classroom. Why?”,I asked. “Come hang out with us!”,he beamed and grabbed my wrist. “W-What?!”,I gave him a look. “Come on, Hyomin! Why go to class so early?”,he pouted and tugged on my wrist. I bit my lip, to be honest, it sounded tempting. Very tempting, actually. His face lit up as he took this moment and dragged me to the other 4,”HEY HEY! GONGCHAN, YOU BETTER LET GO OF MY WRIST THIS INSTANT!” He just quickened his pace as he adjusted his hold on my wrist. I struggled to get out of his grip, but unfortunately, he would just tighten his grip more so I just gave up. “WE’RE HERE!”,Gongchan squealed as he pushed me into the black car. “HEY! WHAT THE HE-”,he quickly climbed on and closed the door shut as he leaned back against the seat. “YAH! Gongchan!”,I squealed and hit his arm. “Ow!”,he squeaked and covered his arm. I pouted and crossed my arms, facing forward, only to realize that 4 other pairs of eyes were on me. “AH!”,I freaked out. “...Hi?”,Sandeul scratched the back of his head, confused. “Eh? Did Gongchan bring you?”,Baro questioned. I nodded,”Yup. Sadly, I couldn’t get away on time.” “Kidnap much?”,Sandeul snickered. “No no, children! I told Gongchan to bring Hyomin along~!”,Jinyoung sang. I blinked at him,”I think the question now changed to why?” “Ohoho, that, my dear, is because Sa-”,Shinwoo stuffed a bagel into his mouth,”Hyung, eat the bagel.” Sandeul sighed in relief and sank back into his seat as Gongchan blinked innocently.