six

Investigation Team: Hanbin and Hayi

 

 

 

“Mom, we’re here!” Hanbin announced as he took off his shoes. Hayi came trailing behind him, holding a bouquet of flowers.

 

 

The house felt like home, just like how Hayi remembered it to be when she came over last time. Framed pictures of Hanbin and his family were all over the walls. Hayi smiled as soon she saw a picture of Hanbin hugging his little sister, bright grins decorating their faces.

 

 

Hanbin’s mother came out from the kitchen and welcomed them in with the biggest and sweetest smile. “Oh, come on in!” She said as she hugged Hayi and gave her a little kiss on the cheek. “How have you been, darling?” Hanbin’s mother asked as she went over and hugged her son too.

 

 

“I’ve been doing well, Auntie. There’s not really much happening but everything’s good.” Hayi replied with a small smile plastered on her face.

 

“Oh, Auntie, I bought this for you.” Hayi handed her the flowers and Hanbin’s mother gladly took it. “You shouldn’t have, but thank you, dear.” She observed the flowers as the grin on her face grew.

 

“And you should stop calling me Auntie, call me Mom, hm?” She chuckled while she took out a vase from the cabinet. Hayi glanced at Hanbin who was jokingly winking at her.

 

 

“Uh, sure—Mom.” She awkwardly smiled as she elbowed Hanbin.

 

 

“Seems like you’re more than welcomed to become a part of this family, huh?” Hanbin joked, though Hayi didn’t find it funny at all. She scowled at him in return and turned away, looking at the pictures on the wall instead.

 

 

“Hey. Don’t be mad.” Hanbin chuckled. “You really don’t want to get married to me? I’m sad.” He furrowed his brows and faked some tears. “Oh, Hanbin. Stop being so dramatic, will you?” Hayi retorted playfully, shaking her head as she rolled her eyes.

 

 

“But you really looked like you didn’t want to—“

 

 

“HAYI-UNNIE!” Hanbin was abruptly stopped by a high pitched squeal.

 

 

Hayi was attacked by a bear hug, a very small bear hug. Hanbin looked at Hayi with a smile and they both looked down at the small girl hugging Hayi’s knees.

 

 

“Where have you been?” The little girl looked up with her big, doe eyes and little pouty lips.

 

 

“Aw, I’m sorry, Hanbyul. I was so busy I couldn’t make time to come here.” Hayi kneeled down to match Hanbyul’s eye level. “But I’m here now right?” Her lips formed a soft smile as she caressed Hanbyul’s hair.

 

 

“Hm.” Hanbyul nodded. “You’re staying for dinner right, unnie?” She asked with eyes full of hope.

 

 

“Yeah yeah, she is. Now, won’t you give Hanbin here a hug?” Hanbin interrupted, getting a little jealous from the lack of love. He pouted playfully while spreading his arms wide, ready to crush his little sister in his arms. With love, he said.

 

 

Much to Hanbin’s surprise, Hanbyul flatly rejected her brother’s affections. “I always see you, oppa.” She shook her head. “I want to spend all the time I can with Hayi-unnie today!” She grinned widely, so wide that her eyes seemed non-existent.

 

 

--

 

 

It was a very peaceful day. The sky is blue, the birds are chirping and the sun is shining brightly. Our day off couldn’t be any better—

 

 

“Hyung, open up!” Donghyuk’s high-pitched voice ruined Jiwon’s monologue. He sat up on his bed with a groan. He shuffled his way lazily to the door, groaning, yet again.

 

 

“What do you want?” Jiwon asked after he opened the door, with a hint of irritation in his voice. “What is it that could be more important than my monologue?” He whined, resulting Donghyuk to throw him a confused look.

 

 

“I don’t know what in the world you mean but,” Donghyuk paused to regain his senses. “Hanbin hyung just called and he said he’s bringing Hanbyul here.” He broke the news and anticipated a satisfying reaction from Jiwon.

 

 

“Should I be excited that Hanbyul’s coming over? I mean of course I am but I don’t get it.” Jiwon narrowed his eyes as he shook his head and stared at Donghyuk. He tried to read the latter’s expressions but failed to get anything out of it since all he could see was rainbows and sparkles in Donghyuk’s eyes.

 

 

The younger frowned as he sighed. “Think, hyung. Think.”

 

 

Jiwon’s eyebrows knitted together before he flashed a wide grin. “Hanbyul’s coming over and she knows everything there is to know about Hanbin!” He exclaimed, finally getting what Donghyuk meant before.

 

 

“Finally.” Donghyuk rolled his eyes. “Hyung, maybe we should just tell everyone today.” He suggested with eyes full of hope and excitement. “I’m dying to see that panicked look on Hanbin-hyung’s face!” He jumped and bounced, confirming that he was excited.

 

 

“Me too!” Jiwon squealed—kind of but he recovered quickly. “Plus, we haven’t seen Hanbyul since forever,”—he could exaggerate—“don’t you just miss that little fluff of cuteness?”

 

 

Donghyuk sighed while hearts started appearing in his eyes. “Hyung, don’t even get me started.” He stared in a distance; sighs keep coming out of his mouth. “I think I have a little crush on Hanbyul.”


 

Jiwon gasped. “Are you seriously—oh my god.” He covered his mouth dramatically. “I think I have a crush on Hanbyul too.” He whispered, widening his eyes.

 

 

Yunhyeong peeked his head into the room and saw disoriented-looking Jiwon and Donghyuk. He originally wanted to get his phone but he figured the duo needed some help. 

 

 

“So.. what’s all this,”—Yunhyeong waved his hands—“about?” He raised an eyebrow. “I don’t remember leaving the room with you two holding hands.” He took a step back and motioned at their hands, clasped together.

 

 

Jiwon glanced at their hands but didn’t do anything because hey, Dong’s hands are soft.

 

 

“Hyung, we have—,” Donghyuk was cut off by the furious knocking on the front door.

 

 

“I think Hanbin’s here!” Jinhwan shouted from the kitchen. “Somebody please get the door, I’m trying to deal with a dead chicken.” He then muttered something that sounded much like, ew, oh my god what am I doing, ew.

 

 

Junhoe scurried past the kitchen and went to open the door for his poor leader. Serves him right for not bringing his keys. He didn’t really mind that Hanbyul was coming over. In fact, he loved the presence of the little girl; but not as much as the two guys.

 

 

Junhoe twisted the door knob and Hanbyul came hopping into their dorm. Hanbyul cheekily greeted Junhoe, giving him a hug. He smiled and looked up as he saw Hanbin—and somebody else too apparently. So, they came together, hm?

 

 

“Hanbin, you’re back!” Jinhwan came running to the door, with his apron hanging loosely around his neck. He was whining about how his hands were covered in blood, also something about never wanting to cook chicken for the boys anymore.

 

 

“I really need your help handling the chicken—,” Jinhwan paused after he looked up from his hands and saw Hanbin—with a lady.  “Oh, look who we have here.” Jinhwan glanced at Junhoe and flashed a knowing smile.

 

 

Chanwoo came out of his room, headed to the kitchen to check on Jinhwan’s cooking. He figured Jinhwan might need some help and plus, he was bored. So, why not help our poor hyung who loathes the sight of blood?

 

 

When Chanwoo saw who Hanbin brought with him, he thought maybe things would get a little bit more interesting in their dorm.

 

 

--

+ OMFG HI!!! i'm back after two months- pls dont kill me ;;;;; i know this chapter is weird bcs i dont remember when i actually wrote this- i cry ;; anyways, THIS STORY HIT THE 100 SUBSCRIBERS MARK A FEW WEEKS AGO!!!!!!! omfg, thank you so much for all the love you guys gave < 3 and as always, comments, subscribes and upvotes are very very very appreciated! ily!< 3 

 

btw guys, i'm going to start a one shot collection soon, please check it out!! | blank canvas.