five

Investigation Team: Hanbin and Hayi

 

 

 

“I’m home!” Donghyuk announced as he entered their dorm with two plastic bags in his hands. He bought snacks and toilet paper rolls because Yunhyeong was stuck in the bathroom, weeping and crying endlessly. Now I remember what I forgot to buy at the grocery store, Jinhwan face palmed and went back into his room quietly.

 

 

As Donghyuk was about to take off his shoes, Junhoe and Jiwon came charging towards him and dragged him outside. The poor boy was kidnapped by s right before he could get in and snuggle in his bed. There goes my nap time, Donghyuk sighed, not really surprised by the sudden attack.

 

 

Junhoe and Jiwon had only stopped pulling Donghyuk with them when they reached the other end of the hallway, far away from their dorm. Before anything, Junhoe shoved his hand into one of the plastic bags and took out a packet of his favourite chips.

 

 

“Ooh, chips.” Jiwon clapped as Junhoe tore the packet open and started to munch on the hot and spicy flavoured chips. “You’re welcome.” Donghyuk sarcastically muttered as he stared at Jiwon who also stuffed his face with the savoury snack.

 

 

Junhoe only grinned and thanked him half-heartedly, too busy eating. “Did you guys drag me out here just to get the chips before Chanwoo take it?” Donghyuk asked after hearing no explanations or anything from the duo.

 

 

“Yeah, about that.” Jiwon stopped eating and wiped his mouth. “Why don’t you help us stalk or creep on Hanbin and Hayi, whatever you want to call it.” Junhoe nodded, encouraging Donghyuk to join them. “I know you’re curious too.” Junhoe poked Donghyuk’s arm.

 

 

Donghyuk scoffed. “Heck, I am. What kind of question is that?” He rolled his eyes. “Hyung, for your information, I was the one who first eavesdropped on them.” He proudly remarked, as if it was actually something to be proud of.

 

 

They took it as a yes. “Oh yeah, we have another member!” Jiwon exclaimed while Junhoe was in his own world, gulping down the tiny bits of the chips. “We shall have a team meeting and plan our next move!” Jiwon, the self-appointed leader, picked the rooftop to be their “meeting venue”, he wanted to make it sound fancier.

 

 

--

 

 

“Junhoe.” Donghyuk had a mysterious grin plastered on his face as he looked at Junhoe. He lied down on the bench that he was sitting on, still looking at Junhoe. “Don’t you have anything to tell us?” His grin grew wider as he wiggled his eyebrows.

 

 

Junhoe blinked and tilted his head. “I.. don’t think so?” His eyes wandered off to the sky, trying to figure out what Donghyuk was talking about. “Nah, can’t think of anything.” He shrugged and lied down beside Donghyuk who was lying down beside Jiwon, making them look like three rolls of kimbabs.

 

 

“Maybe this will ring a bell.” Donghyuk abruptly got up and stood in front of them. He cleared his throat before he started to speak.

 

 

Um, uh, Hanna.” Junhoe’s eyes widened at the mention of her name.

 

 

Are you free tomorrow? Wanna have lunch together then?” Junhoe suddenly got up too and tried to shut Donghyuk’s mouth.

 

 

Great! Love you, muah, kissy kissy.” Donghyuk exaggerated, adding the last part with a smooching face. He started to run away from Junhoe because that dude looked like he was about to rip his mouth off. The two boys ran around the rooftop while their hyung was still lying down, almost falling asleep but was interrupted by his ringing phone.

 

 

“Guys, my mom’s calling. Don’t be so loud.” Jiwon suddenly sat up straight and called out to the boys. He looked excited and happy as he answered his phone. “Mom!” He almost squealed because he missed his mom so much. “Guys, tone it down!” He covered his phone and shouted at the two boys who were still running around.

 

 

“Yeah, I’ve been too busy and tired all the time, I didn’t have the chance to call you.” Jiwon said as he pouted like a baby. “What? Mom, I can’t hear you—“ He frowned and shouted again. “Hey, trying to talk to my dear mother here. Stop running around and shut up, will you?” He shook his head and went back talking to his mother, still frowning though.

 

 

Jiwon’s groaning and shouting made his mother ask if there was something wrong. “Nothing, Donghyuk and Junhoe are just being loud—“ He was cut by Donghyuk’s girly scream when Junhoe finally caught him and was tickling him to death, which was Junhoe’s plan.

 

 

“For god’s sake—“ Jiwon muttered under his breath. “OI, CHILDREN. EXCUSE ME BUT I’M TRYING TO TALK TO MY MOTHER SO CAN’T YOU GUYS SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTHS AND PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE?” Jiwon finally lost it. He finally did. He had enough of this nonsense called Donghyuk and Junhoe.

 

 

The said boys froze and their faces turned pale. Never had they seen their lovable Jiwon hyung this mad. Jiwon was really a mama boy and he can never tolerate anything that disturbs his time with his mom. They looked at each other and scrambled away quickly to save their lives. Seeing the noisy boys nowhere, Jiwon proudly grinned and continued talking to his mother.

 

 

--

 

 

Jinhwan opened the door slightly to see if there was anyone else than him and Yunhyeong in the dorm. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw nobody, not a single trace of anyone else. He quickly went out and headed to the main building, hoping to find Hanbin there as they were supposed to have an extra practice that evening.

 

 

Jinhwan walked along the empty hallway, still looking for Hanbin. He passed by a few practice rooms along the way but suddenly he stopped when he heard a voice. Isn’t that Hanbin’s voice? Jinhwan was pretty sure he heard Hanbin in there.

 

 

He reached for door knob when he suddenly heard another voice, a girl’s voice. Hayi? Jinhwan furrowed his eyebrows. “What are those two doing in there?” He whispered to himself. “Are they working on another collaboration? Wait—I don’t think so?” He thought of every possible reason but couldn’t come up with anything of what the two could be doing.

 

 

“Are you free this Saturday?” Jinhwan heard Hanbin asked who he assumed was Hayi. Is he asking her outno way.  He shook his head as he thought to himself.

 

 

“I don’t think I have anything going on. Why?”

 

 

Jinhwan leaned in closer to the door to hear more clearly. He didn’t actually want to eavesdrop but he couldn’t help it.

 

 

“Oppa..?” Jinhwan had a mini heart attack when he suddenly heard a girl calling him. “Soohyun?” He said very quietly, not wanting to the two inside the room to hear him. Soohyun blinked and walked slowly towards him.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Soohyun whispered as she stepped beside Jinhwan, standing in the same position with her head leaned towards the door as well. “I’m apparently eavesdropping.” Jinhwan shrugged as he pointed at the door.

 

 

Soohyun’s eyebrows furrowed because it was so unlike Jinhwan to do such things. She listened in to the conversation inside the room. was wide open once she recognized the voices. “Aren’t those Hanbin-oppa and Hayi-unnie?” She gasped and stared at Jinhwan.

 

 

Jinhwan nodded aggressively but didn’t say anything. They listened closely as they stared at each other with wide eyes, like very very wide eyes.

 

 

“Mom invites you over for dinner. Do you think you can make it?”

 

 

“Of course! Your mom’s shepard’s pie is hella good.”

 

 

“Thank god you’re coming. Hanbyul misses you like crazy, y’know.”

 

 

“Aww. I miss her too. What do you mean like crazy? Are you calling your sister crazy?”

 

 

“Whatno, no. She keeps asking me ‘When is Hanbin’s girlfriend coming over again?’. Every single day.”

 

 

Jinhwan and Soohyun’s eyes grew wider, if that’s even possible. They totally did not see that coming and boy, their reaction was priceless. “Hold up. Girlfriend? Hanbin’s girlfriend?” Soohyun muttered as she kept on chanting ‘oh my god this isn’t happening’.

 

 

Jinhwan on the other side was in a complete state of shock. He grabbed poor Soohyun’s shoulders and shook the kid while he mentally and physically freaked out too. They were too shocked by that total giveaway and didn’t even bother to hear the rest of the conversation.

 

 

--

 

 

Donghyuk stopped climbing the stairs and turned to face Junhoe. “. I totally forgot about Yunhyeong-hyung.” He almost shouted as he just remembered about his hyung.

 

 

“What? What about him?” Junhoe stopped sipping on his smoothie and blinked at Donghyuk.

 

 

“We ran out of toilet paper and I went to buy some but you guys dragged me out!” Donghyuk freaked out because he just remembered about their poor hyung back at the dorm. “Oh, you’re so gonna get it!” Junhoe laughed at his friend which didn’t make Donghyuk feel any better.

 

 

--

 

 

“WHERE IS DONGHYUK WITH THE TOILET PAPER ROLLS? I’VE BEEN STUCK IN HERE FOR LITERALLY HOURS.” Poor Yunhyeong was already too tired to scream for help and ran out of tears to cry.

 

 

--

 

 

+ waddup dudes!! i finally updated yASSSS. it’s been so long ;;; im not quite satisfied with this chapter, it doesnt make up for the weeks i didnt update im so sad- but i still hope you like it though u w u

 

your comments really made my day though! i reread them almost every day ((no joke)) bcs im so touched ;; so please comment more and feedbacks, subscribes and upvotes are really really appreciated!

 

// sends virtual hugs and kisses to all of you//