four

Investigation Team: Hanbin and Hayi

 

 

 

“Hyung, I found something.”

 

“Wow, really? What is it?”

 

Junhoe handed the picture he found in between the pages of Hanbin’s notebook. Hanbin really treasured the notebook as he wrote his lyrics, ideas and almost everything in there. He carried it everywhere he went.

 

“This picture looks a little old, don’t you think? I mean, Hanbin looks so young and there’s—“

 

“Hayi-noona.” The younger one whispered, almost silently.

 

They stared and observed the picture Jiwon was holding. They noticed that both Hanbin and Hayi looked younger than they were then. ‘This must be when they were still in school.’, they thought.

 

“Hah!” Jiwon exclaimed. “See?” He pointed at the picture. “I told you they have—or had something.” He slightly shrugged and patted Junhoe’s back as a sign of a good job.

 

“We shall discover more about this relationship!” Jiwon announced as he pumped his fist in the air and pulled Junhoe with him to search for more things they could find in Hanbin’s room while he was out.

 

They walked back to their dorm with Jiwon holding the picture of their leader grinning widely while the petite girl had her arms wrapped tightly around his waist.

 

--

 

Jiwon and Junhoe sat down on the couch lifelessly as they both wore the same tired expression. They had already asked Jinhwan, Yunhyeong and Donghyuk for more information but the guys didn’t really know much.

 

“Hyung, I don’t think we’re going anywhere.” The younger one leaned close to his hyung and said with an audible sigh.

 

“No, Junhoe. We can’t give up. Aren’t you curious?” Jiwon tried to sound encouraging though his tone didn’t sound much different than Junhoe’s.

 

Junhoe groaned and sat straight up. “Fine.” He muttered as he turned to face Jiwon. “We’ve asked all the dudes and they—“

 

Jiwon interrupted by putting his index finger on Junhoe’s lips. “We still haven’t asked Chanwoo.” His lips curled up into a small grin.

 

Junhoe’s eyes lit up at his hyung’s words. “Let’s go find that kid.” He grabbed Jiwon’s arm and marched straight to Chanwoo’s room as he dragged his hyung with him.

 

Junhoe knocked on the door twice and called out, “Chanwoo”, and they hear the door opening right before Junhoe could knock again.

 

The door cracked open as Chanwoo’s head popped out. “Yes, hyung?” He blinked at the usual scene in front of him of members dragging each other as it happens almost every day.

 

Junhoe welcomed himself in and Jiwon stepped inside as well. They sat in the middle of the room and pulled Chanwoo to sit with them.

 

“So.” Jiwon started with his arms crossed, a serious tone and an intense gaze. “We’ve been going around the dorm, asking the members what they know about Hanbin and Hayi.” He paused and changed his position as his legs were starting to feel numb. “Now, what do you know about them?” He whispered audibly.

 

Chanwoo let out a faint sigh. “If I don’t tell you, you’re going to kick my , aren’t you?” He turned to his side and looked at Jiwon.

 

Jiwon grinned very widely, which was a little creepy in Chanwoo’s opinion. “You know me.” He tapped the floor and looked back at the youngest. “Now, spill.” He demanded as he and Junhoe scooted closer.

 

“I saw them together at the cafe across the street when I was heading to the convenience store.” Chanwoo said carefully as he glanced at his two hyungs. “They looked close, I guess. Hanbin-hyung had his arm around Hayi-noona.”

 

Jiwon and Junhoe’s eyes widened with their mouths hanging open as they looked at each other and back at Chanwoo. “They held hands and all that stuff. That’s all I saw.” Chanwoo backed away a little from the two.

 

“Jung Chanwoo, why didn’t you tell us before?” Junhoe grabbed the kid’s shoulders as he tried to calm himself down from all the ‘feels’.

 

“Well.” Chanwoo commented nonchalantly. “It’s none of my business.” He shrugged. “And I didn’t really want to be involved in this—situation.”

 

Jiwon clapped his hands in content. “As expected, you’re the nicest kid we know. You kept it a secret ‘cause you don’t want to in into Hanbin’s problems and you told us because we’re nosy.” He got a sigh as a reply from Chanwoo. “You did two good things! I’m proud of you.” He pretended to wipe some tears.

 

Junhoe gave Chanwoo a pat. “Well, thanks for your help.” He said as he got up. “Now we’ve got some stalking to do.” He dragged Jiwon with him, again, as he got out of the room and out of the dorm.

 

Chanwoo stared at the door for a while, wondering if what he did was right before going back to snuggling up in bed with his blanket.

 

--

 

“Hyung, you’re finally here.” Junhoe was lying down while he waited for Jiwon. He turned to his side and looked at Jiwon who just got into the room and looked like he was panicking. “So, where are they?”

 

Jiwon quickly pulled Junhoe to hide behind the couch in the practice room. “I saw Hayi and I think she’s heading here so let’s just hide first.” He explained as he covered Junhoe’s mouth because that kid’s voice can be hella loud sometimes.

 

Jiwon and Junhoe froze behind the couch when they heard the door opening. Apparently, Hayi was with Hanbin. The two guys had no choice but to hide behind the couch throughout the evening until Hanbin and Hayi left the room.

 

--

 

“So, have you watched our m/v yet?” Hayi asked as she plopped herself on the floor. She stared at Hanbin, waiting for his reply as she tapped the space beside her, telling him to sit down.

 

Hanbin lied down beside Hayi instead. ‘Oh well, whatever works for you.’ Hayi thought.

 

“Yeah.” Hanbin replied, short and cold. Hayi noticed that his expression didn’t look really good too. She wondered why, really. He was in a good mood before they came into the practice room.

 

“That’s all?” Hayi frowned as she was hoping for at least a compliment from him. ‘You looked pretty’ or anything like that. “Come on, Hanbin. How was my acting?” She cracked a small smile with her eyebrows raised at him. It was like signalling ‘a little compliment would be nice’.

 

“Your acting was good, it looked real.” Hanbin finally said after a long moment of silence. “Too real, actually.” He mumbled followed by a sigh while he glanced at Hayi.

 

Hayi only frowned deeper after hearing Hanbin’s comment. “What do you mean ‘it looked too real’?” She paused as she recalled the scenes she acted out. “I only acted like I had a crush on Jiwon and—“ She abruptly stopped talking.

 

“Oh my god—Kim Hanbin, you’re jealous, aren’t you?” Hayi gasped as she scooted closer to Hanbin. “Tell me, that’s why you’re acting like this, right?” Her voice softened because laughing at him at the moment wouldn’t be the best option unless she wanted him to sulk longer.

 

“Maybe a little.” Hanbin admitted. He looked elsewhere, trying to avoid any eye contact. He isn’t really the type of guy to be jealous over little things. He’s usually very professional but when it comes to Hayi, he’s helpless.

 

“Come here.” Hayi chuckled while she tugged Hanbin closer and placed his head on her lap. “Now, answer me. Why would you ever be jealous? It’s only Jiwon.” She looked at Hanbin with such gentle eyes that even Hanbin couldn’t resist looking back at her.

 

Hanbin could only shrug. “I don’t know. Maybe because Jiwon-hyung looked good in the m/v or something—I just don’t know.” He looked straight into Hayi’s eyes. “You’re just too precious, I feel insecure most of the time.”

 

Hayi smiled and played with Hanbin’s hair without saying anything for a moment. “Let me tell you what, Hanbin. Either it’s Jiwon or anybody, you’ll always be the one.” She finally said as she caressed his cheek.

 

--

 

At the back of the couch, Jiwon and Junhoe gave each other a nod as they smirked in satisfaction. Jiwon tapped the ‘stop recording’ button and looked at Junhoe as they mouthed ‘jackpot’ simultaneously.

 

--

 

+ guys!! i changed the title omg. i really wasn't feeling the title before bcs it absolutely has nothing to do with the story but the current title, 'Investigation Team: Hanbin and Hayi' maybe will make more sense since i keep making jiwon and junhoe acting like detectives. ((smug smirk))
comments, upvotes and feedbacks are very much appreciated and thank you so much for reading!! < 3