two

Investigation Team: Hanbin and Hayi

 

 

 

 

The members were having their dinner while doing something else; most of them were watching the television except for a pair that wasn’t joining the rest in the living room, instead, they were ‘discussing’ secretly.

 

“Do you think we should ask Hanbin-hyung?” He asked his teammate after looking around, making sure they were the only ones in the kitchen. He popped an apple slice into his mouth after stating his question.

 

“Hm, I don’t really know.” He sat in front of and took a slice of what the other was eating. “What if it’s like you said, maybe we did see it wrong?”

 

“But, Junhoe.” He rested his chin in his hands, elbows propped up on the kitchen island. “I really think there is something between them.” He nodded continuously while putting up a firm expression, trying to convince Junhoe.

 

“But, Donghyuk.” He copied the former’s actions, proving he was serious too. “Let’s say we were wrong, and then everything would be awkward.” He raised one of his brows to support his prediction, after he stuffed another slice of apple into his mouth.

 

Donghyuk didn’t reply for about two minutes before he finally had an invincible light bulb above his head. He opened his mouth but then shut it again as he was rethinking his idea.

 

“What about you go ask Hayi-noona tomorrow and I’ll try asking Hanbin-hyung later?” He finally suggested after what seemed like forever, as Junhoe thought.

 

The latter thought about the plan for a brief moment before agreeing with a nod. They both sat in silence and only continued to munch on the apple slices.

 

Junhoe finally broke the silence with, “Hey, weren’t you the one who said ‘we should keep this between us’?” He imitated his friend, terribly though. Thus, he received a light punch on his arm from Donghyuk.

 

“Excuse you, but I do not speak like that.” He made sure to emphasize every word while throwing a fake glare at the used to be maknae.

 

Junhoe laughed a little too loud for Donghyuk’s liking at the time, receiving another playful punch. The smaller one joined the laughing session eventually.

 

--

 

“Where have you guys been?” That was the first thing they were asked by one of the guys, Yunhyeong to be exact.

 

Donghyuk stuttered a little, just a little. “We were at the kitchen, didn’t do anything. Really.”

 

“Yeah, we were just eating back there.” Junhoe joined to support his fellow member.

 

Yunhyeong raised a brow in suspicion while chuckling. “I just asked ‘where have you guys been’ but you’re answering as if I asked ‘what were you guys doing’.”

 

“We… just wanted to let you know so that you wouldn’t worry..?” Donghyuk made an excuse as he made a mental note to learn to make better excuses because that excuse was lame, very lame.

 

Even Junhoe thought, ‘What the heck?’.

 

“Anyways.” Donghyuk attempted to change the subject. “I have something to ask Hanbin-hyung.” He sat down beside Chanwoo who was sipping from his juice box.

 

Junhoe glanced at Donghyuk because he didn’t expect Donghyuk to ask Hanbin when the other members were around, as he too, sat down.

 

But Junhoe didn’t worry as much as the other members weren’t even listening.

 

Hanbin had his eyebrows raised at Donghyuk. “What is it?” He popped a mint gum into his mouth to freshen his breath after he had his meal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, what exactly is your relationship with Hayi-noona?”

 

 

 

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

 

 

 

Well, Donghyuk blurted it out quite easily, without much hesitation.  Everyone suddenly stopped doing whatever they were doing at the mention of Hayi.

 

They all turned to Hanbin and stared at him intently, curious to know what Hanbin would say to that. ‘It couldn’t be that they’re dating, they’re not even comfortable with each other, right?’, was what they were all thinking.

 

Hanbin looked like a convict all of a sudden.

 

“Whaaat? Psh.” He scoffed and shook his head aggressively. He tried to deny it naturally but ended looking more suspicious.

 

“Ey, you’re overreacting though?” Jiwon piped in and poked his friend continuously. The other members were starting to believe that he had something with Hayi.

 

“Guys, how can someone like me, who has no experience in dating whatsoever, have that kind of thing with Hayi, a girl?” Hanbin tried to defend himself desperately.

 

They started to doubt it again. ‘Yeah, maybe he’s right. He’s terrible around girls.’ They concluded without thinking much.

 

“I don’t think he has anything of ‘that’ kind to do with Hayi. They probably have the business-only relationship.”

 

All the members decided to just agree with what Jinhwan said. It wasn’t really big of a topic anyway.

 

--

 

After they went to their rooms, Jiwon went to the kitchen where Junhoe was, searching for something to eat.

 

“Hey, dude. What made you guys think Hanbin and Hayi had something?” Jiwon initiated a conversation after grabbing a glass of mineral water.

 

“Eh? Oh, the other day I was walking pass the practice room with Donghyuk and we heard Hanbin-hyung called Hayi-noona ‘princess’.” Junhoe said without much of a care but Jiwon was standing there with an amused grin plastered on his face.

 

Princess, you said?” Jiwon asked the boy that was munching something in front of him.

 

Nodding without saying anything because his mouth was full, Junhoe confirmed his hyung’s question.

 

“You know, I don’t know if this is a coincidence or anything but I heard Hanbin said something about wanting to call his girlfriend ‘princess’ if he had one.” Jiwon’s grin didn’t fade away, instead it grew wider.

 

Junhoe almost choked on the biscuit he was eating. “Girlfriend? Princess? Hyung, aren’t you sensing something?” He had his signature smirk plastered on his face.

 

“I do. Hanbin isn’t telling us something. And we’re going to find out what it is.” Jiwon grinned, flashing his white rows of teeth.

 

--

 

Inside his room, Hanbin was calling someone.

 

“Hanbin?”

 

“Hey. Are you busy?”

 

“Hey! Nah, I’m not really doing anything.”

 

“Awesome. Uh, I know a good place for a cup of coffee, y’know.”

 

“Are you asking me out on a date, Kim Hanbin?”

 

“Yeah- I mean, something like that…?”

 

“Sure, kiddo. So, pick me up in 15 minutes?”

 

“15 minutes, got it. See you later, Hayi.”

 

“See you later.”

 

He could have sworn he heard a chuckle—and maybe he heard her saying “adorable” from the other end of the line before hanging up.

 

-- 

 

+ hi, everyone! it's been a while since my last update and this chapter isn't really good because i was rushing, please forgive me! i still hope you'll enjoy reading it though!