Hero

EXOPINK LOVE STORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She's talking to angels

She's counting the stars

Making a wish on a passing car. 

She's dancing with the strangers

She's falling apart

Waiting for superman to pick her up. 

Kim Namjoo, was one ed up girl. 

“Hey angels, would you care if I end it all tonight?”

“Hey angels, do people really need to be judgmental towards other people?”

“Hey angels, tell me when did my life become so ed up?”

“Hey angels, it would be nice if you can answer me”

Kim Namjoo lay down her back on the blanket that she had already spread on her apartment’s rooftop long ago. The rooftop had become her one and only territory. Sometimes, she even sleep there.

Tonight, she talking to the angels which she didn’t even know if they exist or not but she did anyway. Again, she’s counting the stars that was lighting up the skies. But tonight, the sky seems so dark and there is not even a single stars hanging on the wall of the earth.

‘maybe it will rain tonight’ , she thought.

Namjoo was right. She felt a drop of rain on her face but she didn’t budge. She can heard her neighbors, screaming to their child to not play at the balcony because it’s raining. But Kim Namjoo lay still.

Who cares if it’s rain ?

Rain will not kill you anyway.

Heck, Namjoo would never care if today is the end of the world.

Her life was over anyway.

The rain start pouring like crazy and if anyone ever see her, they would think that Namjoo is one crazy girl. I mean who would not? Namjoo  is practically laying on the already wet blanket with her eyes closed. The candles that she had been lit up from the start had already distinguish. The only things that accompanying her is the cold wind.

Namjoo is shivering in coldness. Her feet felt numb. Her heart was chanting

‘take me Lord. Take me tonight and end all the pain i had’

But somehow, she can heard

‘not now, it’s not the time yet’

Again, Namjoo was crying her heart out that night. And no one or anything can stop her.

She was damaged enough.

And she can’t bear another day to live.

“Why angels why ?!” she scream

“Why did you take them away from me?”

“I am not strong enough angels. I can’t” she sobbed.

“please, just take my soul and my heart right now. I can’t do this anymore. I beg you to take my life just like the way you take my parents !” Namjoo put her hands on her face, covering her eyes.

Crying.

It’s already became her routine.

The shining stars.

Her only hope.

The angels.

Her only friend. 

Don’t ever ask if she never attempt to commit suicide. She did. Numerous times. But lady luck never leave her side and she is sick of it.

Suddenly Namjoo feels like the rain had stopped.

She opened her eyes and saw a pair of eyes staring at her with an umbrella above her, blocking the rain.

She quickly wake up and bump her head toward him making both of them moan in pain.

“w-who are you?” Namjoo asked with stutter. Not because she is nervous or scared but because her body was already shivering like crazy. Namjoo hug her body, trying to warm herself.

“Uhm .. I heard someone scream up here so I just came to check if anything” He answered as he keep the umbrella above her.

Namjoo stare at him for a while.

“Let’s go. It dangerous up here” He put out his hands for her to hold.

Namjoo stare at his hands.

No one.

No one ever lend a hand when she is in need. Why now?

But somehow, Namjoo put her hand on his. Like she is putting up her trust on him right now.

She didn’t know but that smile seems so sincere.

He help her to get up but her legs give out, making she stumble.

“It’s okay. I’ll help” He said as he put his arm around her waist, helping her to stand up properly. Namjoo realize that she’s making his shirt wet but her legs feel so numb and she can stand up properly.

Namjoo saw that they just passed her apartment and went to the next apartment that just beside her.

‘New neighbor ?’ she thought.

He open his apartmen’s door and led her in. He helps her sit on his couch and run to a room to take dry towel and a shirt for her to dry up.

“Here, go to that room and changed into this or you’ll get sick. Go” He push her toward the room he’s been pointing to. Namjoo who still blur from the start just go and do what she’s been told. Has she been hypnotize or what ? since when she let anyone to touch her and made conversation with her ?

After few minutes, Namjoo came out wearing his long sweatshirt that cover her till her knee.

“you’re done” he beam a smile and ask her to sit on the couch. She saw that he still drying his hair with his towel and put it around his neck.

“here” he said as he give her a cup of hot chocolate.

“I don’t know what you like but I hope you’ll like it” he said.

Namjoo smell the aroma.

Hot chocolate.

Her once favorite drink.

Namjoo hold the cup, her hands feel warm.

She hesitated a bit before sipping down a bit of the hot chocolate.

“are you okay?” he ask

“who are you?” she ask suddenly.

“oh I’m sorry. I forgot to introduce myself earlier. I’m K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter