Last Stand - Chap 2

One Way or Another
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The party had been more than enjoyable and Heechul had easily forgotten about Hangeng’s sulking after spending some time terrorizing some kid that had the bad luck to be in his path.

The Chinese man had comeback looking better after a while and the evening continued without an itch.

In the morning, they all went home. Heechul was complaining as usual about how it wasn’t fair for him to walk and that the Chinese man had to carry him, seeing as the diva was too precious to do something as casual as walking. All the while, Leeteuk was sniggering and staggering because he had been drinking “too much” (well too much for the angel like boy anyway which meant one shot of vodka heavily watered down).

They parted ways in front of Heechul’s house, the older going as far as putting the diva in his bed (yes, he did end up carrying Heechul on his back, he was definitely weak against the strong willed man).

Hangeng was dead tired but his father had called for him on some business he wanted him to attend to.

As much as Hangeng didn’t like his father’s “business”, he was always there for his family and thus would do as he was asked. It was always like that anyway, with everybody. He was the perfect person to rely on. Something, Leeteuk always seemed to tell him off about and that Heechul always took advantage of.

He was walking home slowly, looking around and thinking about the first time he encountered the beautiful black haired man, that he had the chance to now call, his best friend.

 

Flashback

Hangeng was just freshly arrived from a small town in the south eastern part of China . He was only 16, when his family had to flee from his hometown. His father had angered a rival family gang and all of them had now a bounty on their heads. The rift had begun over a stupid affair of boundaries and had finished with the son of the rival gang's boss being killed. The situation had turned sour very quickly for them has thery were not the most powerful gang in the area.

 The Chinese boy had known that something would happen given the kind of job his father did for a living. He hated that part of his father's life but at the same time it was all he knew.

Still it was kinda hard to adapt to living in a foreign country and having to learn a foreign language as well. He had to enroll in a new school and he was put a year behind because his skills in Korean weren’t good enough for his year.

He had been learning korean before coming to the country and was quite good in understanding what others were telling him. His conversation level was quite good also but he was nowhere near the fluent level yet.

Surely, it wouldn't take too much time now that he was living in Korea but for now he had to redo a year.

Today was his first day and he was stressed out. He didn’t know if he was going to be capable of following everything. He didn’t really care about making friends, because talking wasn’t really in his nature anyway. Also, with the kind of life he lived it was hard to trust someone. When he arrived in is classroom, everyone was talking, groups formed already formed and none seemed interested in his arrival. Hangeng was used to this kind of behavior around him. He had always been a loner and, even in his own country people usually found him strange. His habit of staring and not talking pissed most people.

 He sat in an empty corner of the room and waited for the teacher to come and start his lesson. It was going to be the hardest for Hangeng since it was Korean Litterature. He only hoped that he could survive that lesson without getting the attention on himself.

After a few minutes, an old man entered the room. He had a strict look and you could see from a mile away that he was a teacher. He wasn’t anything special though… The teacher came and every student quieted down and took their place, and Hangeng put himself more into a corner and looked silently at the other students. He had always had a habit of looking at other people. He liked to try and guess what their life was like. It was a game of his he used to play a lot to kill off his loneliness.

The teache

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter