Evil Innocence - Chap1

One Way or Another
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

And here he went, for the hundredth time, start a new year at school. It wasn’t something new, but each time it was a bit different, or so he hoped so. The people were the same, the walls were the same, gosh even the smell was the same! This routine was a boring repetitiveness. The boy passed the big golden gates of the campus, and pulling his luggage, he went straight for the dorms.

At least one thing he was happy about coming back, was that now he didn’t have to live with his parents anymore. Because those holidays really tested his patience… So he was happy to be back in a certain way. Now he had to see who was going to be the poor bastard to share a room with him for the rest of the year. He got to the dorms hall and in the entry’s wall he found the panel with all the room arrangements. Carefully, he looked for his name on the list, and when he found it, he raised an eyebrow. 3th floor, 303, block B and next to it, the name of his new roommate: Lee Sungmin.  That was unexpected. Lee Sungmin was rather famous in school, for the good reason that since high school, he and his little gang, leaded by a certain Eunhyuk, were the popular bunch of kids. Really, something cliché. They had even asked him to join them on their first year of high school, thinking that rich kids should stay between rich kids. But he had politely turned it down. Kyuhyun had no interest in those futile brawls of power, it was so boring… Anyway, everyone knew who Sungmin was, and sometimes rumors about him would go beyond the simple high school gang bully. But Kyuhyun didn’t really listened to rumors, and they weren’t in high school anymore. And who knew? Maybe this year will be interesting after all.

Kyuhyun threw a last glance at the board and smirked when he saw another name on it. That was something interesting too… Then he took his things and went to find his room. The dorms were composed of several buildings with 7 blocks. Because it was a boarding school for rich kids, each block was divided by money and status. So block A was for the richest ones, fancy and big rooms with the best comfort ever, and block F was for those with scholarships. They even had a special block that had single rooms, for the elite of the elite; they called it the S block. Yes, it was segregation, but we shouldn’t blind ourselves, the world worked like that… And finally, the bocks SA to SF were the female dorms, posted at the other end of the campus.

Technically, Kyuhyun should’ve been in block A, being one of the most rich kids of the campus, but he asked his dad for a low profile, he hated to stick out from others. So he was now in front of his room and without knocking he went in. It wasn’t the A section, but it was still a huge and classic room. There wasn’t anyone in it yet, but the choice of the side was already made for him. Indeed, the left side of the room was already covered with posters of bunnies and other cute animals, and pictures of Sungmin and his friends, which he seemed to have a lot. Then his bed had pink covers, pink pillows and a bunch of pink stuffed animals lying everywhere. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow when he saw this. Was this supposed to be the fierce and popular guy named Sungmin’s room or was it a girl’s one?! Kyuhyun muttered a laugh, of how ridiculous it was.

Then he put his luggage on his bed. He was too lazy to unpack right now, so he just let it be. He went to the window to sit by it, and watch all the students hurrying everywhere. There were so many people. Kyuhyun winced. He didn’t like people. In fact if he could stay far away from them, he would. But school was school, and he had to be the best at it. Not that it was a huge effort for him. Indeed Kyuhyun had the good luck of been born gifted. Not only with his good looks but with an amazing brain too. School courses and everything logical came to him as simply as breathing came to people. That was a gift but at the same time a curse too, because everything came so easily to him, he would get bored fast. And what were people other than statistics and correlations? They were too predictable, and so too boring for Kyuhyun’s taste.

Suddenly, by the window, he saw a brunet that seemed completely lost. Kyuhyun smirked. There was his variable. He stood up and went down, to go outside. As soon as the brunet saw him he smiled and waved at him.

“Kyu!!!”

“Hey hyung. Did you just get here?”

“Yep! I needed 2 hours to find a bus that leaded me to the main gates.”

That goofy smile, those chocolate brown eyes and this stupid airhead face, that was Lee Donghae, Kyuhyun’s former roommate. For an unknown reason they got along, and this boy was actually the only friend Kyuhyun had. Maybe because, unlike the others, he was more interesting. A walking drama was always fun to watch. Donghae was discreet and didn’t ask anything from Kyuhyun, he knew how the younger boy was and didn’t try to change it. Kyuhyun appreciated that.

“Did you find your room yet?” Donghae asked.

“Yes.”

“That’s good… I was busy at the scholarship office and didn’t have time to check it out yet.”

“You’re in room 109, block C.” Kyu frowned. “By the way, I always wondered how you could live in the first blocks when you’re on a scholarship.”

“My parent’s reputation I guess. They have money and a good name but I don’t like depending on them.”

Kyuhyun didn’t ask more, he knew that his hyung didn’t get along with his family. The two boys started walking to Donghae’s building and room. Almost in front of the room’s door, Kyuhyun suddenly smirked.

“By the way… You’re never going to guess who your roommate is.”

“Who?”

At the exact moment when Donghae opened the door they found themselves face to face with a thin boy and next to him a blond one, who was none other than Kyu’s new ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter