Eventually... - Prologue

One Way or Another
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Foreword: “Girl, you’re not even my type” He smirked as he looked her up and down. “Heh! You wouldn’t even dream of having me” Her cold, intense gaze never faltered. “Wanna bet?” He took two long strides until he was centimeters away from her. His warm breath brushing her forehead and cheeks. “What are you doing?” He didn’t know whether her red cheeks were because of the close proximity or the fact the she was fuming. “What does it seem like I’m doing?” He leaned in and brushed their lips. It wasn’t really anything special, or anything at all. He just leaned in close enough for their lips to brush.  So the action definitely didn’t deserve the slap he got on his face. He was taken aback. No girl ever did this to him. “Just because you’re a playboy doesn’t mean every girl will fall at your feet” She whispered coldly. Did she even care that she just got kissed by a total stranger? Her face was blank, her stare was intense and her eyes were cold. He couldn’t figure if her shouting was scarier or her cold whisper. Intrigued. That’s what he was. But as she walked away he came to one realization. He doesn’t want to have anything to do with her. So why is he here now? On the doorstep of her dorm, knocking and waiting and hoping…

_____________________________________

Prologue: A different world.

 

The sun was beating down on her head, making her feel warm and homey. Today was definitely one of the sunniest days in Boston. She wondered why her last day in the US would be so beautiful. Was it saying its goodbyes to her? She smiled a little thinking that she too, will miss this place.

“Jiwon, are you ready to go?” She heard her mom’s voice calling.

“Yeah…” she replied quietly, not wanting to disturb the nice day.

“I’m so glad you agreed to go to your brother’s school this year.” Her mom stated cheerfully.

She smiled a little, glad to see her mom is actually happy with her.

*** ***

“Welcome to Korea, Ji.” Siwon smiled, when he met her in the airport. She looked down, she didn’t exactly like the nickname but she didn’t hate it either. It was hers, and the one who called her by it was none other than her older brother.

She looked up to him, even loved him. She always liked his sincere smile and his warm eyes. Always thought that if there’s anyone in the world like him, she’d have no problem to let them sweep her off her feet. But she doubted there’d ever be someone like him so she never bothered.

“Would it be okay if I asked you to come with me to a wedding party?” He asked her with his warm smile.

“Wedding party?”

“Yeah, my friend is getting married tomorrow and I want you to meet all my friends, after all, they’re gonna be your schoolmates when the school year starts.”

“Oh. Okay, I guess.” She smiled again. It was okay to smile a little like this. It was her dear brother, after all.

*** ***

Jiwon wasn’t sure if agreeing to come to this party still sounded as appealing as it had the day before (which it really hadn’t but because it was the first time her brother asks anything of her, she couldn’t but agree).

“Uh, oppa, I don’t think I should go to that party.” She said as they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter