06.

Tangled Fates

06.

‘’You look troubled’’ Jaejoong eyed the female with a gorgeous smile while she fidgeted around, surprised by his sudden appearance.        ‘’Oh no not at all, I was just thinking’’ Jenny smiled while he nodded, ‘’God I thought you would never take notice of me standing right next to you’’ A grin took over his lips as he loosened up his tie while pressing the ground floor button in the lift.

In all honesty the events of last week never left Jenny’s mind, it was pretty clear and obvious Eunbi and Yoochun were an item. Sure it started with that single one-night stand days ago, but there was mutual interest so to call it a one-night stand was definitely uncalled for. And then we have Luhan who was on about some other employee but Yoochun thought he meant Eunbi and fled the scene, what was Luhan thinking—blurting it out in the open like that?

A grunt escaped her lips, she needed to have a few words with him sooner or later but then again he was new to the scene, just recently he got departed from China to Korea, maybe the culture differences got to him, at least she hopes it did.

And then we have Eunbi, if only she explained the full story rather then the half, none of this would’ve happened but then again both have resorted their differences and they’ve decided to go steady—Jenny was genuinely happy about it.

‘’I sure hope there’s no other male in your mind besides me, I mean that would totally break my heart’’ Her thoughts we’re suddenly interrupted by the gorgeous man beside her and she couldn’t help but laugh out loud while he grinned in victory, ‘’At least I got you back to my world with a laugh’’

‘’Sure did’’ Jenny chuckled, ‘’what brings you here, Mr. Kim?’’          ‘’Oh now, have we suddenly gotten formal? I told you it’s Jaejoong for you’’           ‘’Alright alright, what brings you here Jaejoong?’’ she smiled at him while he nodded, completely satisfied.

‘’A meeting, but since it’s finished I’m completely off for the day, want to grab a bite?’’

--

‘’Have you seen Jenny?’’ Jennifer eyed Sarang who shrugged, ‘’Lunch date’’ she grinned while Jennifer eyed her suspiciously, ‘’Date?’’                       ‘’Mhmm..’’ Sarang nodded as she continued tapping on the keyboard while Jennifer let out a groan, ‘’Well are you going to just keep me in suspense? Who with?’’

‘’Well, I’d wouldn’t normally answer but I think this time I have to let it slip, she’s on a lunch date with Jaejoong.’’

‘’Eh!? You mean that hottie we met back during the groupdate?’’

‘’What group date?’’ Luhan joined in, eye-ing the two females who just stared at him. ‘’The one.. we went to a while back but… what’s got you interested newbie?’’ Jennifer raised a brow while Sarang let out a small chuckle after seeing Luhan’s flushed face.

‘’Just wondering, you girls are pretty loud’’ he muttered while the two eyed each other after they scanned their surroundings, pretty much every one present was busy with their own tasks. ‘’Right Luhan, we’ll invite you next time and score you some pretty cute girls’’

‘’That’s alrigh-…’’                      ‘’Will you stop teasing the poor boy.’’ Sarang let out a laugh before she exited the room while Jennifer and Luhan eyed each other sternly,  an awkward silence filling the air.

‘’So… this Jaejoong huh…’’ Luhan scratched the back of his neck while Jennifer nodded dreamingly, a longing sigh escaping her lips as she drifted off to a different dimension, ‘’That hottie is on is on the level of a god, don’t ask.’’ She sighed again while Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, utterly confused at the situation before he felt a pat on his back,

‘’Never, I repeat, never involve yourself with female species such as her.’’ Donghae gave him a look full of sympathy while he simply nodded, confused like hell but he couldn’t let him know.

All he wanted to know was where Jenny was and most important who this Jaejoong guy was.

Sighing, he continued tapping on his keyboard after all he still had things left to finish but the thoughts of Jenny and the ‘’possible’’ man in her life never escaped his thoughts.

--

‘’I can’t believe you know about last week’s fiasco’’ Jenny leaned back in her seat while he laughed, ‘’Certain employee’s love to gossip, don’t you think so too?’’ Jaejoong smiled at her as he took a sip of his drink. They we’re currently in a fancy Italian restaurant MangiAmore, a place Jaejoong loved dearly.

‘’But you know a woman’s dignity is just on the line like that you know?’’             ‘’But she told you herself it was a one-night stand right?’’         ‘’Yeah but it was amongst close friends… for maybe the whole company to know is sort of…’’          ‘’I get what you mean, but we’re in the 21st century. No one is that innocent anymore, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal, what does Eunbi think about it herself? If she doesn’t mind then it should be alright. Besides, the company has something else to talk about now, right?’’

‘’The mistress you mean?’’ Jenny slightly widened her eyes while he just smiled. ‘’Gossip like that comes and goes, besides employee’s don’t even know if it’s the truth or not.’’ He grinned at her while she nodded, a pink stain slightly covering her cheeks.

After a few more bites, Jenny decided to look around. Before they entered, Jaejoong told her he would take her to his favourite place ever, an Italian-Korean restaurant. The moment he stepped in he was greeted by everyone, and that smile that never left his lips was a sight for Jenny as it left her heart tingling.

‘’You never told me why this is your favourite place?’’

‘’It’s my mother’s place, or well used to be.’’ A genuine smile spread across his face and she could tell he was remembering things that were precious to him. The sparkles in his eyes never left, they reminded her of the stars in the sky late at night.

‘’Used to be?’’

‘’She passed away a year and a half ago..’’ he muttered, a swirl of emotions cascading his dark brown orbs before it was completely clear again and he smiled, ‘’I manage it now, sort of.’’

And just like that she saw Kim Jaejoong in a whole new light.

--

‘’You look happy’’ Gina grinned at the latter who shrugged, ‘’Is it Jaejoong again?’’ she laughed as Jenny spurt out her frappe, coughing furiously while Gina patted her back, ‘’Relax relax I’m just joking around but looks like I was right.’’ Jenny gave her a disapproving look, ‘’Can you stop bullying me?’’ she groaned and a fit of laughter was heard.

‘’Sorry, I can’t help it you know? It’s been so long since I saw you this happy after being involved with the male species’’ she smiled while Jenny nodded slowly.

Past experiences.

Something that haunted Jenny forever. She had the ‘’just for fun’’ flings and the serious ones like any other lady but her latest one really took its toll on Jenny. She was head over heels for this one guy that shook her world completely. They we’re happily in love, and maybe there was a proposal and an engagement but the night on their wedding, he blew her off just like that.

His reason? He wasn’t ready.

She was lucky enough they hadn’t submitted them uniting, she didn’t want to be a divorcee—not even once in her life would she have wanted that. She was the kind of girl that believed in love, believed in once married,  always together—despite her parents being divorcees and the ones who got married again.

Jenny couldn’t be that girl that would mourn forever over her ex- fiancé, even though she suffered quietly around the time it happened, she had managed to pick herself up and right to this day it always feels like an event like that never happened, like Wu Yi Fan was never part of her past—until maybe their anniversary date.

So maybe that’s why her thoughts never drifted off unless it was that day again. Neither was it ever mentioned in the office since hardly anyone knew about it and if they did, they hardly even took note of it. That’s how well Jenny had built the walls around her—not once would someone from outside know the betrayals she suffered inside.

‘’So I was thinking, a wedding in Greece. Sounds romantic right?’’ Gina grinned while Jenny smiled, ‘’I thought you never did romance?’’           ‘’Oh shut up’’ they both burst out in to fits of giggles as they walked around in the huge shopping mall in Hongdae.

‘’What exactly did you need that you dragged me in the morning on my day off to the mall?’’ Jenny raised a brow while Gina shrugged, ‘’Can’t I have some quality time with my sister? It’s been ages. You always keep yourself busy with work, let loose will ya?’’                     ‘’Alright your majesty, though I need a short break—my feet are killing me’’                       ‘’Okay, I’ll be back’’ Gina muttered, dropping the bags near Jenny while she took a seat on one of the benches before taking a deep breathe,

Not long after her phone rang and she groaned.

‘’Mr. Kim?’’

‘’Oh Jenny, thank god you picked up. I need a favour even though I know it’s your day off…’’              

‘’What kind of favour?’’ she muttered, eye-ing her nails before shifting her phone to the other side. ‘’It’s been weeks since Donghae and Luhan entered our department and since they’re showing good results I was thinking if we should finally give them their welcoming party?’’

‘’Welcoming party?’’ Her brows furrowed at the thought while she eyed Gina who just came back from her short errand.

‘’I want you to host the party, we’ll do it at the place our department usually gathers.’’

‘’The karaoke bar? What?’’ she almost gasped while Mr.Kim laughed, ‘’See, it’ll be so much fun. I’ll let you know when, Thankyou!’’

And just like that he hung up while she let out a frustrated sigh.

‘’Work?’’

‘’Mhmm… welcoming party for the two newcomers, I have to organize it’’ Jenny muttered and Gina laughed, ‘’Isn’t that fun though? Come on, at least have a bit of fun you old hag’’ Gina grinned while Jenny gasped, ‘’Old hag? You brat, I’m still your older sister you know?’’             

 ‘’Yeah yeah, whatever. Lets look for a nice outfit you can wear for the party, thank me later’’ she grinned dragging Jenny towards her favourite store while the latter let out a frustrated groan.