03.

Tangled Fates

03.

 

‘’Can’t believe such an arrogant arse has been fitted in to our department, what was the head thinking?’’ Jenny groaned as she chugged down a glass of beer while Sarang let out a laugh, ‘’Calm down now, at least you didn’t quietly retreat, he certainly deserved that reality check’’               ‘’Also, why do I have to help out the new female employee, it doesn’t make sense’’ Jenny groaned again with Sarang patting her back, ‘’Probably since you’re the most experienced and the head doesn’t really meddle with females so’’          

 

‘’He could’ve signed you for the job—no offence’’                ‘’Non taken’’                ‘’Why is it always me’’ she let out a sigh with Sarang chuckling, ‘’think of it as a fun experience, you get to boss her around’’ she grinned and Jenny eyed her, a small smile taking over her lips—‘’You and your evil mind never rest do they?’’ she eyed her friend warily before she took a sip of her drink while she slightly spaced out.

 

‘’Hey, why is it a woman’s duty to scold another woman? It seems like a woman gains another year every time this happens’’ Jenny let out a frustrating sigh with Sarang slightly nodding, no answer to her question.

 

‘’What happened this time?’’

 

‘’Well, Eunbi was assigned to a task by the head—printing out a document and handing it out on the higher ups, the only thing wrong with this is she didn’t check any errors within the document and surprisingly there was a mistake and the higher ups weren’t happy about it’’                      ‘’For real? Let me guess, Mr.Kim told you to talk to her is it?’’                           ‘’Yeah’’ she took a bite of the snacks on the table while Sarang let out a sigh this time. ‘’I went to talk to her about it and instead I got to hear things from Jennifer because apparently Eunbi handed her the task to print it out and submit it…’’

 

‘’Ah that doesn’t sound too good’’                    ‘’Well it didn’t really. I got to hear things about why I was scolding them over a task that I didn’t even order them, at that time I felt like strangling someone near by you know? Isn’t it normal for a sunbae to do the scolding!?’’

 

‘’Definitely, you should’ve just gone all feisty on them’’ Sarang grinned while Jenny slightly smacked her shoulder, ‘’I would’ve really but then Jennifer brought up that date night, telling me I was taking revenge on her!? Who in the right mind would think that!? I don’t even remember how that guy looks like any more let alone know who he tagged along with’’ she slightly rubbed her temples and Sarang nodded.

 

‘’Well, these younger ones are always a hand full... Definitely stubborn but I think you should show them a line between you two. You got hired years ago while she is still a newbie in this line of work, right? But either way I think you shouldn’t think too much about it right?’’

 

‘’Right…’’ Jenny muttered as her eyes landed on her glass and her thoughts drifted off far away. She was definitely the sunbae but why did she always get tasks like scolding others?

 

--

 

‘’We check each item that’s listed here every Tuesday and Friday. Once everything is correct, we repack it and send it to the delivery office’’ Jenny eyed the new girl who nodded eagerly. If she remembered correctly, her name was Yoo Jiae—and the new employee she was assigned to.

 

‘’So once we’re done with everything we send it off to the delivery office… which is where?’’ Jiae looked at Jenny unsure who gave her a small smile, ‘’basically we take the lift one floor down, I’ll show you’’ She motioned for the slightly shorter girl to follow who nodded in return. A soothing silence filled the air with only the clicking sound of their heels echoing throughout the hallway.

 

Jenny had managed to carry two boxes however once on her way she mentally cursed herself, it was pretty obvious her vision was blocked so she just prayed she didn’t bump into anyone or in a worst case scenario—take a wrong turn only to tumble down the stairs and bleed to death. Now that was a nice headline, employee dies by tumbling down the stairs.

 

She hurriedly shrugged it off while cursing herself in her head, what the hell was she thinking about?

 

A beeping sound interrupted her thoughts and she let out a sigh of relief when she realized the lift came down and was ready to step in until she heard Jiae’s voice telling her to stop but it was already too late—she had already bumped into someone.

 

‘’Crap’’ she whispered trying to balance herself but a strong grip around her waist kept her in place and she silently thanked the person in her mind. The heavy weight of the boxes was suddenly lifted up and she was greeted by the most gorgeous pair of eyes, ‘’Oh god, are you alright?’’ she heard that slight familiar voice again and for some reason her heart skipped a beat as she stared at him, a smile finally appearing fully on his face,

 

‘’I found you’’ he grinned while she eyed him, taken aback with the words that escaped his lips while Jiae eyed the two.

 

‘’Umm… Sunbae…’’ she whispered, bringing both back to reality and Jenny let out a small sigh, she had some explaining to do.

 

--

 

After a few explanations, flirtatious smiles and a cup of coffee, she finally agreed to have lunch with Jaejoong, now of course this riled up the office much to Jenny’s dismay—ofcourse Jiae would be that tattle tale teller of the office. She was pretty, nice and had lots of energy stacked in her tiny body and most important she was picking the things up easily however that mouth of hers was a different story—it was pretty obvious she was one of the gossipers.

 

A sigh escaped her lips as she neatly stacked the papers away on the side of her desk until she caught someone’s eyes staring right at her.

 

She slightly raised her eyebrows—pretty sure her eyebrows would send a signal of that one famous word that works as good as a question but after a couple of seconds passing by she realized the male infront of her didn’t get the hint—at all. She scrunched up her nose, not in the mood for any of this and focused back on her work but the continuous stare burning on her forehead made her fidget in her seat.

 

What the hell did this kid want?

 

She looked up again, hoping he would look away but he didn’t budge at all, what kind of manners did this young kid have?

 

‘’Excuse me’’ she grumbled, catching his full attention. Once she saw the corners of his mouth lift up into that well known smirk of his—she twitched. He was freaking doing this on purpose. ‘’Is there anything you need?’’ she asked Luhan politely who just shrugged in return, ‘’No nothing at all thank you’’ he eyed her, that smirk still evident while she mentally groaned.

 

‘’Well if that’s all then please continue to work hard’’ She gave him one of her fake smiles before she strutted towards the exit with a few fellow employees while Luhan continued to eye her from the back.

 

‘’He’s got it bad’’ Yoochun grinned while Myungsoo shrugged, ‘’and its only been week two…’’

 

--

 

‘’Thank you for inviting me to lunch’’ Jenny politely smiled at the dashing male in front of her who returned the smile, ‘’No I should thank you’’ he grinned and Jenny let out a small laugh, God he was even more handsome in broad daylight.

 

‘’It’s such a coincidence don’t you think? I never expected to see you right there’’ He gave her one of his charming smiles and she nodded, ‘’By the way, what business did you have at our company—that is if you don’t mind me asking?’’ She took a sip of her tea while he quickly shook his head, ‘’I don’t mind at all’’ he cleared his throat before he looked at her again.

 

‘’I was… here… Umm that’s right I had a meeting here for a joint project’’ Jaejoong slightly fiddled around with his tie, loosening it up in process while she nodded. ‘’Must be tough, joint projects are always a hassle’’ she sighed and he nodded, ‘’It is but I think I forgot about everything the moment I saw you’’ he grinned while she let out a chuckle, ‘’Oh be quiet’’ Jenny scanned through the menu while he smiled once again.

 

Now everyone around would think Jenny was just being herself but in all truth she was so nervous and giddy, having lunch with Jaejoong—who was such a hottie wasn’t exactly scheduled daily in her life—in fact it rarely happened besides her ex flings but they weren’t even close to Jaejoong’s level.

 

She thanked the lucky stars that she actually decided to dress up in the morning— a white fitting one piece with purple at the side and black stripes all throughout and not to forget her killer pair of Louboutin heels. Her light brown hair was let out in soft waves to the side along with her bangs she pinned to the side.

 

The food finally arrived and they munched happily till Jaejoong decided to break the soothing silence that filled the air.

 

‘’It must be fate, I still can’t believe I bumped into you again’’ He grinned sheepishly, scratching the back of his head while she awkwardly played around with a few strands of her long hair—it was pretty clear she was nervous and she was so sure her cheeks were crimson red by now.

 

‘’Do you actually believe in fate?’’ she eyed him intently, that shy smile never leaving her lips while he grinned, finding her shy behaviour utterly cute.  

 

‘’Probably since the day I actually met you’’

 

And that one sentence left Jenny hanging on cloud nine.

 

 

 

 

 

Thankyou all so much for subscribing and commenting. Originally I wanted to keep this one in the shadows until I was ready but somehow I still got comments so well here I am. I'm still unsure of using Jenny instead of Bom, should I change it to Bom instead? What do you guys recommend?

Please subscribe, upvote & comment <3

Also this fanfic finally has a poster, ugh this ship is sailing fully!