05.

Tangled Fates

05.

‘’What!?’’ Gina spurt out the contents of her glass while Jenny frowned at the sight, clearly annoyed at her sister’s behaviour.         ‘’Oh for Pete’s sake, I just had my carpet cleaned!’’ she groaned as she got a couple of tissues out, wiping the table and a bit of the stained carpet—luckily it was only a few drops of wine.

‘’Sorry Jen, I just had to… I mean, you just had a one night stand… and he left you instead of the other way around!?’’ Gina’s hands swayed in the air as she rephrased the situation at hand. At first she just wanted to crash at her little sister’s place but when she saw her co-workers already present she decided to join them instead at the table.

Basically Eunbi is having major male-trouble, one that involves Jenny, Sarang, Jennifer and Gina now.

‘’What do I do!?’’ Eunbi yelped while Jenny just frowned, ‘’what do you mean? I mean it was a one night stand, I doubt that you’re actually going to see him again.’’         ‘’No well actually…’’ Eunbi started to fidget around in her seat, dodging all the looks everyone gave her by looking at her plate instead.

‘’No way…’’ Jenny whispered, half amused at the situation while Gina let out a loud groan, ‘’No freaking way that’s… horrible!’’                       ‘’Definitely agree, how did you jump so easily in bed with him?’’ Sarang snorted while Jenny gave her a stern look while mouthing the words ‘’behave’’.

‘’I don’t know—I just—I mean we had such a great night, one thing led to another and bam! It happened’’           ‘’Well I don’t see the problem after analysing the situation I mean, so what? He probably had to go—I mean I’m pretty sure if he didn’t he would’ve laid right beside your glorious self.’’           ‘’Right or he just regretted every bit of that night and just had to run for it’’ Jennifer giggled while Gina and Sarang grinned slightly with Eunbi letting out a moan.

‘’That’s just plain rude!’’

‘’Well serves you right—I mean jumping into bed with him the first night!?’’

‘’It… was kind of stupid of me wasn’t it?’’ Eunbi looked at the four, embarrassed while the rest just grinned at her, ‘’you think?’’ they all echoed and a fit of giggles followed after.

‘’Eun, you are amazing. I bet you we’re amazing in bed too—but him leaving early doesn’t mean it was a horrible night for him. It’s just his loss, you shouldn’t beat yourself up over him’’ Jenny smiled at the latter who gave a genuine smile back—her worries slowly fading away.

‘’What would I ever do without you?’’           

‘’Jenny is well… your ‘’to-go’’ girl for any love-related troubles’’ Sarang let out a laugh while Jenny smacked her, it was pretty clear all of them were pretty much gone after five bottles of wine.

‘’But on a serious note though… on a scale from one to ten, how good was he in bed?’’ Gina wiggled her eyebrows while Eunbi flushed a beet red as she recalled the night inside her head—‘’ten out of ten’’ she giggled and the room burst into screams and giggles while Jenny shook her head, ‘’you girls are animals I tell you.’’

‘’How many inche--..’’         

 

   ‘’GINA!’’       

 

   ‘’Okay I won’t ask any further!’’

 

--

 

A stifled yawn escaped her lips as she fiddled around with the documents that had just been placed by Myungsoo on her table. She expected it—whenever she had a half day, work piled up and she had to do other’s their tasks which wasn’t exactly fun but as long as her own work was finished she didn’t mind.

Barely a minute had passed before another yawn made its way to her lips and she groaned once she noticed a little deer staring at her and the most awkward thing was—he didn’t look away when she caught him just like all the times before.

Clearing she continued tapping on the keyboard but that nagging feeling at the back of her head continued to grow and she had to look up.

‘’What!?’’

Jenny eyed him sternly while he slightly widened his eyes before a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips, ‘’Rough night?’’ he asked like they were the best-est buddies ever and she gaped at him, what the hell was he implying?

‘’Excuse me?’’ she rattled, her eyebrow slightly raised as she waited for him to actually enlighten her about the meaning behind his words.   ‘’No it’s just, you look tired. Had a rough night—you know with the meeting and all?’’ he grinned while she fidgeted in her seat—eye-ing the room around her. Good everyone was focused.

‘’Well I am not tired’’ she gave him the nicest smile ever before she gestured him to continue his work but of course he never got the hint. In reality she was incredibly tired, after the wine bottles Gina decided to stack up some beer and they had basically been drinking till the early midnight hours—the after effect was a major hangover. She didn’t understand how the rest looked un-affected, but then again she was bad at handling hangovers so she barely ever got properly drunk.

‘’What was your gathering about?’’

Eh?

Her eyes suddenly darted to Eunbi and when she realized what she did she hurriedly looked away—guilty she almost gave a hint and silently prayed he didn’t catch it either but when she saw him glance towards her she silently cursed.

‘’Is it about that one night stand?’’

WHAT?

She coughed uncontrollably once she took note of his words and hurriedly patted her chest—earning curious looks from her fellow colleague’s—how the hell did he know?

‘’I am so sorry’’ Luhan muttered, hurrying over to her side, smoothly patting her back until she hurriedly pushed him aside—‘’I’m fine’’ she mumbled, taking the bottle of water she always placed on her desk and taking huge gulps of it. Once calmed, she looked over at everyone and quickly apologized before continuing her work while Luhan still stood idly beside her.

She felt his scrutinizing gaze on her and she suddenly felt nervous. Had she let that slip out earlier? Or was it in fact well known around here? She peeked around, Eunbi was busy with her work as well as Sarang, but the new employee and Jennifer was a complete different story—in fact they looked slightly worried.

‘’Jenny, I need these files to be sent over to the head, can you run that errand for me?’’ Mr. Kim called out and she silently thanked whoever was looking out for her from above and rushed out her seat—before Luhan could even hold her back.

Sighing, Luhan peeked over at Donghae and an idea popped in his head and he hurriedly rushed towards the empty seat next to him.

‘’Donghae, I have a question.’’ He muttered, nudging him in the side while the latter sighed, his eyes still fixed on the screen in front of him.

‘’If it’s about her, don’t waste your time on her. I mean who would want a mistress?’’ He grinned and Luhan eyed him warily, ‘’Jenny is a mistress? Whose mistress?’’ he let out a gasp while Donghae widened his eyes and hurriedly shushed him with a smack on his back, ‘’Are you trying to get me killed? Who talked about her anyway? I was on about one of our employee’s, she’s the mistress of another department’s head chief’’ he blurted and suddenly all the ears perked up.

‘’Mistress?’’ Eunbi whispered, panic soaring through her while Jennifer and the new employee eyed the two sternly.

‘’That’s a secret of course’’ Donghae nodded before he continued back to his work while Luhan nodded, amazed at the little information he got and hurriedly ushered back to his seat.

‘’Hey Luhan, is a mistress really that surprising? I mean this company has many’’ Jennifer grinned as she nudged Eunbi, ‘’Right?’’           ‘’Mhmm’’ she replied, completely dazed while the new employee—Jiae joined in—‘’It’s just that they haven’t been found out yet. It seems like its hard work you know, having an affair and all.’’

‘’But isn’t the chief such a… old man?’’ Sarang joined in while the rest of the girls grinned agreeing, ‘’that’s right he’s such an ahjusshi’’          ‘’Guess woman like to be able to wield power and stuff.’’ Donghae chirped, unaware of Jenny who had just gotten back from her errand and eyed everyone curiously before her eyes landed on a slightly- panicked Eunbi.

‘’There are woman who would like to stay with a man to rise in status—even if they don’t like him basically’’ Jennifer replied, brushing off the imaginary dust on her nails while Luhan nodded, ‘’I see…’’ he mumbled as he thought carefully about it.

‘’If you get involved with a girl like that then it’s completely over’’ Donghae eyed Jennifer before he turned towards Luhan, ‘’and you be careful too’’

‘’Eh? It’s not like that…’’

‘’Hey, what is this about?’’ Jenny turned towards Sarang who grinned, ‘’Seems like gossip of the chief and an employee’s relationship is at its highest.’’                 

‘’What!? Mr.Kim!?’’ Jenny gasped while Sarang hurriedly hushed her down, ‘’of course not, the department beneath’’ she almost said too panicky as if she was hiding something but as fast as it came it disappeared just like that.

‘’What the hell Eunbi?’’ she turned towards the female across her, who widened her eyes, ‘’Out of everyone you picked… Him!?’’ she gasped while the latter did the same along with the rest until they heard someone clear his throat.

‘’Chief, excuse me I need to take a breather’’ Yoochun loosened up his tie as he eyed Eunbi before rushing out the door while Eunbi widened her eyes along with the rest who sort of got the clue immediately.

‘’Oh my god’’ Jenny sunk back in her seat while the rest awkwardly looked around, and just like that the morning became the most disturbing one out of all the mornings, ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Been a while but Hi! Sort of a filler kind of, happy reading!