04.

Tangled Fates

04.

 

‘’Tell me again, how are you so easily swayed?’’ Sarang eyed the latter who groaned. Jenny had been the victim of her constant bullying after she told her about the lunch date from earlier—which wasn’t exactly on her agenda but somehow word got out of her secret lunch date thus here she was, on a Friday night explaining her innocent self.

 

‘’Oh let her be, these words are exactly what a woman wants to hear’’ Gina eyed Sarang who huffed in return. Let me introduce you to Gina, Jenny’s half-sister. Actually it’s one of those tales where Jenny’s biological father passed away and her mother decided to get remarried—to Gina’s father.

 

Gina was about ten by the time they remarried while Jenny was a mere fourteen years old. Luckily for both they grew fond of each other pretty easily—there were no secrets between them. When Jenny had trouble she would always go for advice to Gina and vice versa.

 

‘’Age is after all just a number, anyone would be swayed with words like that, I’m sure your heart would skip several beats too if someone attractive told you those words’’ Gina grinned as she eyed Sarang’s whose cheeks turned slightly red, ‘’But we’re talking about Jenny here—‘’                        ‘’Yes, the hopeless romantic one.’’ Gina let out a laugh while Jenny smacked her arm, ‘’Yah!’’ she scrunched up her nose while Gina laughed again,

 

‘’I wasn’t exactly swayed’’ She glared at Sarang who innocently pouted, ‘’It’s his words that took me by surprise you know?’’                 ‘’Right, attractive lad says a couple of words and Jenny’s number one rule is out the door’’ Gina grinned while the latter sighed, ‘’Remind me again why did I actually agree on diner with you two pigs’’ she scoffed as she took a sip of her drink while the two laughed and high-fived each other.

 

‘’Putting that aside, what was he doing at our company anyway?’’ Sarang turned her attention back to Jenny, chewing on some meat while Jenny let out a small sigh, ‘’A meeting of some sort joint project with the higher ups, I didn’t pry further’’

 

‘’Well that’s strange, so far I know a joint project isn’t scheduled till after next year’’ Sarang mumbled while Jenny shrugged, ‘’Either way cheers to Jenny’s blooming new love’’ Gina chirped while Jenny glared at her before clicking their wine glasses.

 

‘’It’s not exactly a blooming love, we just met… what three times?’’ Jenny eyed the two who shrugged, ‘’slowly but surely, it’s developing right? I mean in a time like this with our ages a bit out there, wouldn’t it be better to have a mind-set of youngsters?’’

 

‘’It’s not like my life surrounds around wanting a boyfriend, date and get married. It comes naturally’’                 ‘’It did come naturally, in fact it always comes naturally. But you have to start making effort at some point. If you continue waiting the chances just slip. Sometimes men want a tug too you know?’’ Gina grinned at Jenny who let out an annoyed sigh, of course. Gina is the love expert, it’s pretty safe to say her dating experience was way out there although now she has settled nicely with someone she’s dating for over four years—and counting.

 

‘’You’ve been working so hard lately, you forgot the joy of life, don’t you want to start dating too?’’

 

One sentence that left Jenny thinking for days. It was true the feeling of wanting someone beside her started growing day by day—seeing couples almost everywhere, she remembered the days she was in love. The problem why it ended?

 

It wasn’t him, it never was.

It was just her; focusing more on her work then was needed.

 

And maybe this time she would aim for the bigger picture, there was nothing to lose right?

 

--

 

A groan escaped the female her lips as she clutched the phone tighter to her ear, with a frustrating sigh followed after.

 

‘’Like I said, I don’t know why this gathering should be held at my place?’’ she sighed as she scanned the row of meats in front of her. Her work for today was finished so she was allowed to take the rest of the day off—which she would gladly use by catching up on the movies and romance novels she never got to finish during her small vacation.

 

‘’Eunbi needs relationship advice, this is a ladies SOS’’ she heard on the other line and another groan escaped her lips, ‘’don’t use that word so easily Eunbi, why are you referring to yourself as a third party?’’         ‘’that’s because I need help’’ Jenny heard the female whine and a string of curses went through her mind but she shrugged it off.

 

‘’So, it’s a one on one gathering?’’

 

‘’No no, I’m inviting Jennifer too and Sarang of course’’ Eunbi mumbled and Jenny nodded before she bumped in something hard.

 

‘’Ah Sorry—‘’

 

‘’Sorry—‘’

 

Jenny froze as she looked into a pair of familiar brown orbs, what was he doing here?

 

‘’Ah, Sorry just drop by around seven, alright?’’ she hurriedly bid her goodbyes before turning to the male who smiled sheepishly at her. ‘’Sunbae, I thought you went home already?’’ Luhan grinned at her while she shrugged, ‘’had to buy some things, why are you here?’’

 

‘’I need to buy diner for our department—only the males though’’ he scratched the back of his head while she nodded, ‘’errands, must be hard right?’’ she picked up the basket she placed seconds ago on the floor before turning to him again.

 

‘’They wanted Japanese boxes’’ he shrugged at her and she nodded, ‘’Right, I forgot its Tuesday’’ she hurried over to the back with Luhan following her like a lost puppy, ‘’Excuse me, I’d like to order four stamina boxes and a fish bento please’’ she greeted the old lady who smiled in return, ‘’Coming right up!’’

 

The old lady hurriedly went back inside leaving the two alone in silence again until Luhan decided to speak up again.

 

‘’Why aren’t you married yet?’’

 

If glares could kill—we’d have a dead Luhan right here.

 

‘’Sorry, what!?’’ she muttered, glaring at him while he shrugged, A question so bluntly, was he picking a fight?  ‘’Just now, while looking for the meat… you looked cute’’ he blurted and she eyed him, did he just say cute? She pursed her lips as she continued eyeing him while he awkwardly looked away. Was she really having a conversation like this… with the new kid?

 

Luhan, aren’t you unexpectedly being too familiar!?

 

‘’Do you love teasing people that oh well… you know are a bit high up in the age!?’’

 

This rascal enjoys teasing just like the first day. Too bad the other idiot isn’t present.

 

‘’No, of course not I just spoke the truth’’ he mumbled and she rolled her eyes.

 

‘’Then is it that well, you know flattery?’’ she looked back at him while he quickly shook his head with a laugh, ‘’No no of course not.’’ She eyed him sternly and noticed his cheeks turned slightly red,

 

Wasn’t that… cut—nope not in a million years.

 

‘’You look stupid’’ she eyed her nails while he put his hand in his pocket.

 

Eh? I’ve been acknowledged as stupid…

 

‘’You must be popular amongst the younger females, right-…’’

 

‘’Do you have a boyfriend?’’

 

Eh? What?

 

 

Sarcasm?

 

‘’I fail to understand how that is any of your business, Xi Luhan?’’ She raised her brow while she pressed her lips on a thin firm line. She wasn’t getting any of this, not ever would she not bite back.

 

 

my full name never sounded so y.

 

 

‘’Are you there?’’ Jenny waved her hand in front of his eyes making him flinch, ‘’Huh? Oh yeah’’ he scratched the back of his head again while she sighed. ‘’Well, suit yourself. Be sure to ask the receipt alright?’’ she turned around, ready to walk away until she felt a grip on her arm and she slowly turned around with a questioning look.

 

‘’Would it be okay if I tried your cooking next time?’’

 

‘’Why?’’ she eyed him sceptically as if she was walking in some sort of trap. He’s definitely got something up his sleeve.

 

‘’That is…’’ he looked at her awkwardly while she did the same—the birth of a sudden staring contest right in the middle of the mart, ladies and gentlemen who would actually win this contest between the two? Continue reading to find ou—,,,

 

 

 

……….. @!#$%^&*(%#!!@#$$%##$ -- doesn’t translate to swears, just his brain mocking him for not coming up with anything. Please continue reading.

 

 

 

Dammit I can’t read him!

 

 

 

‘’The lunchboxes are done, thank you for waiting!’’ The sudden voice of the lady made them snap back into reality—thus we will never know who actually won that contest.

 

 

 

 

Hello dear readers. Thankyou for subscribing, upvoting and commenting. I hope to get more comments because each one makes me smile haha. Right now I'm kind of figuring out what kind of character Luhan really is. He can be playful... but also shy? Well I'll just have to see how this goes ha. Ppyong!