01.

Tangled Fates

01.

 

Tap tap tap tap tap

Tap tap tap tap tap

Tap tap tap ta-…

 

Jenny paused as she felt a slight tap on her shoulders. Peeking slightly to the right a sigh escaped her lips as she was facing the head of the department Mr.Kim grinning at her.

 

‘’You know, I can’t only be the one to keep checking the documents before they’re sent over’’ she frowned as she eyed the older male who smiled sheepishly at her. ‘’Come on, you are the best one out of all these, last time I told Eunbi to handle it but she never corrected the mistakes in it so I am not risking that again’’ he let out a small sigh and Jenny nodded, ‘’Your fault for being a softy to female employees.’’

 

She let out a mocking chuckle while Mr.Kim groaned, ‘’Come on now, hurry hurry’’ he placed the grey tinted manila folder on her desk before stalking away while Jenny nodded, busying herself with the documents.

 

Jenny Park was only thirty years old with striking features- one might add. After switching from another company, Jenny build most of her work experience at the Kim Corporations which she was incredibly happy about however her mother thought otherwise—being a thirty year old with no boyfriend, no fiancée, or no husband was definitely something upsetting for her parents but Jenny thought otherwise—until now.

 

The longing feeling of dating someone was starting to build up day by day and she started feeling envious about everyone that had success in the love department of their lives. A sigh escaped her lips as she looked around the office. The tables we’re lined up and most employees we’re facing others however there we’re still a few spots vacant—such as the one right across her.

 

She eyed Kim Eunbi—one of the younger and newer employees. A twenty-four year old and still a baby in Jenny her eyes. She was pretty, that was something that she would definitely give but her personality was the type where she would throw out all the known cuteness whenever she got in trouble which obviously threw Jenny off—why are the younger ones always so full of energy?

 

Her eyes moved over to Jennifer- no she wasn’t foreign or anything. Her real name was Hwang Eun Jung, why that never was used was a mystery to Jenny. At the striking age of twenty-six, she knew the do’s to look way more younger in fact, she still dressed like she just turned twenty-one, not that it mattered to her but sometimes her outfits we’re pretty revealing. She scored males like it was her daily job, when you thought she was dating some Soohyuk one day, she’s dating a Dongwook the next day,

How she met all these males was a mystery to Jenny, in fact it was a mystery to pretty much all of them.

 

Work related was pass-able from both Jenny and the head, Mr. Kim. She was one of the newer employees, started only eight months ago but she pretty much learned the fast way in. Her errors we’re kind of the same like Eunbi, carelessly printing out papers and sending them off without checking the errors.

 

Jenny her eyes landed on the other side of the room, where the males we’re seated. On her side she had Park Yoochun and right next to him was Kim Myungsoo—both we’re always ogled by females. Jenny had to admit they we’re strikingly handsome, and maybe her heart fluttered once or twice in the early stages of meeting them but that was all to it, honestly. Across them we’re the older males around thirty- Choi Hyunseung, Shin Boohyun and Kwon Sangsoo. Lastly the head was seated right in the middle tables away, Kim Moonjung.   

 

Jenny knew them pretty much from A-Z, that all in the work department but their personal lives was a no-no for her to in.

 

For females it was quite easy because you know… you could relate to it but the males we’re a whole new specie, for her at least. She didn’t want to know about their deep darkest secrets, not after when she once overheard them talking about the positions they tried—yeah something that will haunt you forever.

 

Jenny shuddered as she thought about the memory and hurriedly shrugged it off until she was nudged in the side.

 

Oh right, she forgot to introduce her best friend and her co-worker, Lee Sarang. She looked exotic to most, mainly because she had a slight tan and foreign features but it was natural, she was half Japanese and half Korean. Sarang was twenty-nine years old and worked alongside her a little over five years. She was beautiful and had the looks, definitely but just like Jenny she had started putting less effort then the youngsters, still both looked incredible—even if their daily looks contained a little make up, a striking skirt and a blouse with some killer heels.

 

‘’So you really going to that group outing later on?’’ Sarang grinned at Jenny who let out a small sigh, ‘’Yes for the millionth time and you are going’’ she eyed the female who frowned, ‘’Remind me why do I always have to tag along with you?’’            ‘’Because our lady luck is calling us you know?’’ They both eyed each other until they finally both burst out into laughter , ‘’Now that was a good one’’.

 

‘’Well, I will tag along for you but you know it’ll end up like usual?’’ she raised a brow and Jenny shrugged it off, ‘’Socialize girl, and most importantly we get free food’’ they both grinned until the clock striked six- and all the female employees we’re gone like that after bidding their goodbyes.                             ‘’I forgot they we’re meeting males again’’ Yoochun frowned while Myungsoo laughed, ‘’Get over it will you?’’ he muttered while the latter sighed.

 

--

Jenny looked around in awe as she familiarized herself with every corner. She had to admit she was impressed, the place looked expensive—glad she wasn’t paying. She eyed her co-workers, they we’re giggling along with the three males- clearly two bailed out but she didn’t mind,  she had Sarang with her to entertain her.

 

‘’So, was this your idea of a nice Monday evening?’’ Sarang grinned at Jenny who shoved her side, ‘’Oh come on look at you gobbling down the food, you are enjoying this as much as me’’                  ‘’Well, I can’t deny that I mean look at this—this is freakin’ delicious’’ she held up her fork with freshly cut meat while the latter chuckled, shoving her hand away. ‘’Right’’ she rolled her eyes while Sarang let out a laugh until they we’re both interrupted by a male.

 

‘’The fourth one is coming soon I promise- he just got late a bit with work’’ The male grinned at both Jenny and Sarang and from what she could remember from the introductions== his name was Suho. She mentally rolled her eyes, she knew this excuse far too good, it was always the same.

 

A small smile took over her lips and she waved him off, ‘’Right right’’ she mumbled and Suho frowned, ‘’I swear he just got caught up with work—let me just offer you a drink. He’ll be here in minutes’’ he politely smiled at her and she nodded, eye-ing him. He was handsome, that was for sure but amidst that and his nice personality; he wasn’t her type.

 

‘’If you say so’’ Sarang replied this time and Jenny mentally laughed while the latter his eyes glinted.

 

‘’Look there he is!’’ he hurriedly stood up pointing towards the other end of the restaurant and Jenny paused, what was this Suho trying to pull? Curiosity took over and she hurriedly turned around but the moment she did she froze and mentally cursed herself.

 

She was staring at someone incredibly handsome.

 

Breath taking she might add.

 

The level of a god.

 

Holy .