Chapter 3

Now Is Not The Time For Happiness

Trees. So many trees and it's dark. From when this forest is so big? I am walking a hour already, yet I haven't reached the wall. When I look up, I see it. But at the same time it's so far away. I'm used to stay in the city where everything is on it's place. And here it's like I'm walking into nothing, without end. At moments like this, I want my brother back. He knew the whole clan's territory like his hand. He knew everything's place - every tree, every building, every flower.. Can't he just appear in front of me right now? I'll die of happiness.

 

~JR's POV~

Where is she going? I can't let her go beyond the wall! What if she hurts herself?!

"What are you doing here, Mrs. Liu?" The wall guard said while walking towards her.

"I want to go there." She pointed outside our territory "Is there a problem with that?"

"You know there is the Light clan, don't you?"

"I do."

"Then why you think I'll let you go?"

"Why not?"

"Goo Hara might catch you and kill you if you don't tell her where the prince is." He walked in front of her.

"She can't kill me for that SIMPLY BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE IS!" She shouted. A tear rolled down her cheek. She looked at the ground. She had that angry expression on her face.

"Was he your boyfriend?! If so, he made the worst choice." He laughed like never before. This guy is getting on my nerves.

"NO! HE WASN'T!" Yi Yun yelled. That's it. I jumped down and in front of her.

"Hey you." I said and he stopped laughing.

"Who are you?"

"Not your bussiness." I punched him and stabbed one of my knifes in his neck, but on a special spot. He fell on the ground. I turned to her, but she didn't bother to look up. "Are you okay?" ......nah, no responce.. "Yi Yun? Is everything alright?"

"Is he dead?" She managed to say underneath her nose.

"Of course no. I'm not bad, remember?"

"Why you came here? Are you stalking me?!"

"No. I just know where you are every second."

"Are you using one of those chips to know?"

"I don't need it."

"One more question. Why your eyes are light red?" Ugh... Why she has to ask me this?!

"They aren't."

"Oh yeah, they are! Only the royal family has light red eyes!"

"Um..." I. Am. Stupid. I knew she'll see.

"Are you my cousin?!" She said with her eyes sparkling. Pheu, she didn't recognize me.

"Um.." She stares at me with a weird feel.." Yeah, I am." I'll use this until it's the right moment to tell her the truth.

"Is this why you help me?"

"Basically."

"But I've never heard I have cousin. Wae?" Because you don't have, pabo.

"Maybe your dad didn't want you to know."

"Maybe.. I'm happy I saw you and all, but I have to go." She walked half a meter near the wall. "Hope we see each other soon. I want to see Jonghyun as soon as possible." She was about to get on the other side when I stopped her.

"Yi Yun, I won't let you go there alone."

"Why not?"

"Because I promised that I'll get you to your brother healthy and most importanly alive."

"You say you'll come with me? Outside the Fire clan's territory?"

"Yes. It's not my first time there. I've lived 10 years outside the Fire clan. I was taken away from my family during the war.."

"Just like Jonghyun.. Let's go. We are losing time."

"Time for what?"

"For my plan. I can't take my people being killed and hurt every day. It's not fair. They did nothing to her. It was my family's fault, and I must save them." She got back to her cold self. Why is she always like this?

"Gaja." I pulled her hand and we finally got on the other side. I felt weaker. But it was different than before. It's like I'm cutting a part off of myself. And Yi Yun looked the same. That's why we must not pass on the other side of the wall. "We are in the Light clan, aren't we?"

"Ye, uli neun."

"Go to the city. One of my friends is there. Tell her you are the cousin of J-Royal. Wishing you luck. Bye sis." I waved and ran away. I need to leave her to find Soo Jung on her own.



 


Author's Note :

Hey there..
School.
Tell me I'm not the only one who hates it?! I had 6 projects to do for these two weeks. I didn't even have time to sit on the computer. I will upload 3 chapters today. Sorry if there are any mistakes or they are boring... I wrote them late at night yesterday ;~; 

Ye, uli neun - Yes, we are.