New Mission

My Last Wish~

Yonghwa:

I was waiting for a flood of pain, even death. But it turns out, that the gun was aimed at anyone. It was just used to scare us. "So you've finally come." I recognized that voice. That was when I was sure it was...

*FLASHBACK

"Hi, we were wondering if we could get some information."

"Depends on waht." replied the rude receptionist.

"Well you see, we were both adopted from this agency, and we were wondering if we could get some information about our birth parents." said Lizzy kindly.

"That information is confidential. It can only be disclosed under the discretion of the birth parents."

Lizzy looked at me as if all her hope was gone.

I slammed my fist on the countertop. "Look lady, we've gone through enough trouble without you being quiet about our parents, so spill it."

The lady glared at me with dagger eyes. I had to use my last resort.

I opened my bag and took 1 million won and smirked. The lady reacted," What are your names?"

After giving her our names, she typed something in her computer and wrote something down. "Hm, what do you know, it seems that all information of your parents have been deleted. Except the whereabouts of your birth mom. Would you like it?"

I nodded. We took anything we could get, even if it was something extremely vague. I dropped the money on her desk and we left.

"Oppa, look at this. It's a map of the countryside. Why would our mom be there?"

"Lizzy, I don't know."

*PRESENT

"Is that really you?"

The kidnapper looked at me. "It depends on who you think I am."

"Hoya."

"My, I never I knew I had a smart brother." I knarled on my teeth. Who does this guy think he is?

"Why did you kidnap Lizzy?"

"It was the only way to get you to meet me in a hurry."

I looked at him. Why did he want to see me?

Seohyun:

I was really confused on what was happening. This random dude, who may or may not be Yonghwa's brother. But what really stumps me is why he had to kidnap Lizzy to get Yonghwa's attention? Hasn't he ever heard of a call? Maybe this is some city people communication...

I started to zone out as they talked but something came to my mind.

*FLASHBACK

My mom ran out in a hurry. What just happened in the kitchen stunned us all. Slowly, Taeyeon, Auntie Woori and I helped my dad to a bed. Fortunately, he wasn't stabbed anywhere vital. My dad couldn't move, but Auntie Woori took care of him. She told us to go home. Taeyeon did, to watch over my sisters but I stayed. I couldn't leave my dad. I just couldn't.

But when nighttime came, Auntie Woori brought me home. Mom still hadn't come back yet. "Seohyun, go to bed, ok?" Taeyeon told me. I nodded. The whole house felt depressed. None of my sisters were playing around. They were either reading or staring and thinking.

Soon, all of my sisters fell asleep but I couldn't. I was too worried about my dad, too surprised at my mom. In the middle of the night, I heard the cabin door open. I secretly crept downstairs and saw my mom crying. Accidently, I stepped on the creaky step, and I was exposed.

"Seohyun, I know you're there." I gave myself up and sat beside her.

"Umma, you shouldn't have hurt daddy."

"You don't understand what he and Auntie Woori were doing."

"Still, hurting him is bad."

"You're always gonna defend her aren't you?"

"Yes, of course. She's always so nice to me."

There was silent for a few seconds, as my mother tried to recollect herself.

"I'm not gonna argue tonight. Go back to bed."

I didn't know what to say. Honestly, I hated her so much. Why did she have to hurt my dad? Why couldn't Woori be my mom?

"You know what?"

My mom waited for me to continue.

"I've always wished that Woori was my mother, not you."

"Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. But I am your mother, and that's how it's going to be. Now go upstairs."

She didn't win. Not yet.

*PRESENT

Yonghwa:

"So explain why you wanted to see me. Why did you kidnap Lizzy!?!"

Lizzy explained on Hoya's behalf. "Oppa, calm down. He didn't really kidnap me."

I was shocked. She pretended to be captured?

"We just needed a way for you to meet someone?"

"WHO? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? AFTER ALL WE'VE BEEN THROUGH? IS THIS THE PERSON WHO CALLED YOU? IS HE THE REASON WHY YOU COULDN'T COME TO FIND MOM WITH ME?"

"Be quiet." an unknown voice said. It was deep and scruffy. "Shut up, and listen to me."