The Encounter

My Last Wish~

Yonghwa:

"Driver, 72 Lock Street, NOW!"

The limo sped up and we both leaned back on our seats. I really hoped Lizzy was OK. But what were the kidnapper's intentions? Why did he want me to meet him? Why did he have to involve Lizzy?

"Yonghwa, are you alright?" Seohyun put her hand on my shoulder. Her eyes twinkled with worry.

I put my hand on hers. "I'm fine." I said, as a forced a smile.

The car ride felt like forever. Only the sound of the tires as they met the street was heard.

"She'll be ok."

I looked up at Seohyun. She was playing with her hands but she obviously looked worried, even more than I was.

"We'll find her, and she won't be hurt." She wiped her eyes before the tears could fall out. "I promise you, she will make it out alive."

Those words shocked me. "Who said she was going to die?"

Seohyun stared at me.

*FLASHBACK

"Oppa, over here!" Lizzy yelled from the other side of the park with a cute tone.

I ran towards her, holding two cups of coffee in my hand. I offered her one.

"Oh, you didn't have to," Lizzy looked at the coffee. "But thanks." She took it gratefully, as it was her most prized posession.

With her head down, she gripped the cup tightly and stared at the floor. We didn't say anything for a while. The wind blew silently and children played around in the waterpark. Disrupting the silence, a young boy took a water gun and sprayed it at Lizzy.

"Omo." she was so startled that she dropped her cup of coffee and it spilled everywhere. An old lady came to us and scolded the young boy. She apoligized as Lizzy tried to wipe coffee off her clothes.

"Sigh, can we just go?"

"If you're ready."

We got into her car and she drove. To break the awkward silence, she the radio. "Baby, sha sha sha!" she sang along, her mood brightening. "This song is daebak!!!" She sang the whole drive to our destination. Being her crazy self, she even tried to get me to sing. "Ah...no...I can't."

"Come on, oppa, just sing along!"

"Dara diri, dara du!"

"That's the spirit!"

Soon, we arrived at where we wanted to be: The Adoption Agency.

"Well, this is it..."

Nervously, we opened the doors.

*PRESENT TIME

I must've fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes, the sky had already turned black.

"Haha, you're finally awake." she teased.

Still half-conscious, I rubbed my eyes.

"We're almost there, sleepyhead."

Seohyun:

Gosh, that Yonghwa can sure sleep. And snore. Like a pig. O well, he was still kinda cute. His nose twitched as he slept and his face glowed eventhough it was nighttime. I tried to sound excited when I told him that we were almost there, but on the inside I was secretly worried. When we got off the highway, we found ourselves in an industrial area. When the car stopped, none of us wanted to get off first.

"Come on, we have to go now."

I opened the door first, Yonghwa obviously was thinking about possible outcomes in his head. "Yah, let's go." I managed to pull him out of the car, and we stood in front of a large warehouse. The large metal door was lifted, as if someone was waiting for our arrival. I don't know why, but I somehow grabbed Yonghwa's hand as we walked towards the warehouse slowly. He didn't seem to mind. His warm and comforting hands were also strong, which made me feel safe as we walked into the pitch black warehouse.

All of a sudden, the lights and we saw Lizzy tied up in a chair with a gag in . She tried crying out towards us but Yonghwa was already running towards her to free her. But being clumsy, he tripped and fell, pushing over Lizzy in her chair.

"Oh my goodness," he complained. "That was a fail."

I tried not to laugh because I knew it was innapropriate at this time. As Yonghwa helped Lizzy up, a gun shot fired.