Realization

My Last Wish~

Yonghwa:

Wait, what was Seohyun talking about?

"You know this....Jung Woori?"

She nodded.

"How?"

She looked at me and down on the ground. She chapped her lips with her tounge and let out a sigh. "Let's not talk about it, OK?"

"Yeah...sure.."

I knocked on the door, and a hunched backed lady opened it.

*FLASHBACK

"Jung, Yonghwa."

"Here."

The coach was taking the attendance.

"And...Hoya."

"Here, sir!"

The coach looked up at him. He always favoured his star athlete.

"Alright boys, today, we're going to be playing three-on-three basketball. You will be graded on how you play and of course, your teamwork."

He numbered us off. I was on team 1 and Hoya was on team 2.

"Ok, first up, team 1 versus team 2."

SERIOUSLY? I'm not that good at basketball, and I have to play against the star player. This is going to be fun. Hoya rolled up his sleeves to reveal his well-toned arms and gave his teammates high fives. "Let's do this."

The coach blew the whistle, and the ball was in play. In 15 minutes, he dunked 28 times. Our team only got 6 points. But as the game continued, we started to step up our game. Slowly, we caught up. Being the jock he is, Hoya started playing dirty. He used his feet to secretly trip us and at the last few minutes of the game, he tackled me as I was doing a lay-up. I fell hard on the floor. The coach blew his whistle.

"Game." He didn't even ask if I was ok. The star player was always defended. Hoya left the court and went to go change. I stared at him as I was getting up. What a jerk.

*PRESENT TIME

"Who's there?" said an impolite voice.

"Hi, auntie Woori? It's me, Seohyun."

"Who?"

Tears started forming in Seohyun's eyes. "I brought someone here to meet you." She took a step out of her hut.

"This young man?"

Seohyun nodded.

She helf my face in her hands. "Tell me, what is your name."

Before I could reply, my phone rang.

"Sorry, I have to get this."

I picked up the phone.

"Oppa? Please help, I don't know where I am. I...I'm scared...wait, he's coming back...he..help..ME!!!"

The line went dead. It was Lizzy. Was she OK?

"HELLO? HELLO? LIZZY? ARE YOU THERE?"

The hut door slammed shut.

Seohyun look confused. "Who was that?"

"My...s-sister."

"What...why were you screaming? Is she alright?"

"I don't know," I replied. I ran towards my limo.

"WAIT, where are you going?"

I didn't turn around.

"YONGHWA!" Seohyun screamed at the top of her lungs.

As I ran past her house, I saw a woman, older than all of the girls, walking towards where Seohyun was. I didn't care who that was. All I was thinking of was my sister. Where was she? Who was the guy she was with? I need to go find her.

Seohyun:

That Yonghwa, always running off with an explanation. Oh my goodness, who is that walking toward me? Oh no, it's my mom. I watched as she walked towards me, and behind her, my sisters tried to warn me.

I slowly walked back to my cabin. "Umma, I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it. You went to that witch's house." She grabbed me by my hands and pulled me into the cabin. She threw me onto the couch in front of the fireplace and went upstairs. "Where is she going?" I asked my sisters.

No one knew. We all listened as we heard a drawer open, and footsteps walking down. My mom was holding my favourite dress. It was yellowy-orange like the colour of gogumas and it had lace that made me feel young again. She stood in front of me. "I'm just trying to help you forget her."

"Forget who?"

"The person who made you this dress."

"THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH HER." I yelled at my mom.

"I knew you wouldn't understand." her face looked cold. "And you won't understand this either." She threw the dress into the fireplace.

"NOOOOOOOO!" I jumped out of my chair and pulled my dress out of the fire. I threw it out of the house and started jumping on it to stop the fire. Hyoyeon-unnie went to grab a bucket of water and poured it on top of the burning dress. Finally, the fire was out.

"Hope that teaches you a lesson." My mom walked upstairs into her room.

I looked up as tears stung my eyes. How could she? A specially made dress for me, from Auntie Woori. How could she hate her that much? Did she hate me too?

Hyoyeon tried to comfort me, but all I could do was hold the blackened dress in my hands. I wiped my face and got up.

"Are you OK?" Hyoyeon asked.

"No." Then, I started to run away.