Searching...

My Last Wish~

Yonghwa:

I left Seohyun and Hyoyeon as fast I could to avoid any further awkward moments. I ran as fast I could away from the spring waterfall. Now, I was ready to do what I came here for.

*FLASHBACK

I took a sip of my coffee. Light background music played in the cafe. I kept my hands around the mug and stared down the whole time. The door to the cafe swung open, hitting the little bell at the top, telling the whole cafe that someone has entered. I looked up at the person that just walked in and she walked towards me. "Hi, are you..Yong...Hwa?" she asked, as she read my name off a slip of paper.

"Yes, take a seat."

She pulled out a chair and ordered a latte. She looked at me, with fear in here eyes.

"Why did you tell me to come here? What do you want?"

I looked back at her. My eyes squinting as I thought of her.

"My butler tells me, you know something about my parents."

She seemed less scared and tried to intimidate me with a stare. "Continue..."

"I need you to tell me, how you know them." She stared at me again, her facial expression telling me she wasn't going to say anything. I grabbed her hand and pulled her close to me. "Tell me," I whispered. "TELL ME WHY THEY PUT ME UP FOR ADOPTION."

She pulled her hand back. "YAH! How would I know WHY?"

"Of course you would know! You work at the adoption agency."

Her face look hurt. "No," she paused. "I don't."

"I'm, your sister."

*PRESENT TIME

I walked down the dirt road, farther away from my limo, farther away from Seohyun. The wind blew and the sun was shining. A dog barked, but that was the only sound anything made. I continued to walk and found myself at the top of a hill, looking down at a few small farms. I slowly maneuvered my way down the hill. There were several huts and some cabins. I decided to check out the biggest cabin first.

Seohyun:

That Yonghwa was actually kinda weird. Running off like that. Aih, this is why I don't spend time looking for boys. Love will find me when it's time. Hyoyeon-unnie and I finished our lunch and took a drink of the spring water. "Ready to go back?" I nodded.

*FLASHBACK

"Sica! Throw it here!"

"No, Jessica, throw it to me!"

My sisters were playing another game of toss the goguma. We never had enough money to afford real toys but we still had a lot of fun. This time, however, was a bit different. We would usually play the game outside, but since it was raining, my unnies decided to play inside.

"Unnie, I don't think you should be playing in here." I begged my oldest sister Taeyeon.

"Ahhh, seohyun, you're too proper." she scolded. "Loosen up a bit!" Taeyeon was usually responsible but I guess my other sisters influenced her.

"Seohyun-ah, come play with us!" my other sister, Yuri, squealed.

"Hmm, I guess so." I finally gave in.

Yuri tossed the goguma to me but it slipped out of my hands and hit our mom's handmade vase. It fell and made a shattering noise. All our faces wore shock, as we heard loud footsteps coming down the staircase and saw the shattered vase on the floor.

"WHO..DID THIS?" mother demanded.

All my sisters pointed at me. I stood still in fear. "AIH...SEOHYUN...ALWAYS CAUSING SO MUCH TROUBLE. Come over here."

I took a step forward and looked up at my mom. "Give me your hand."

I showed her my hand and she took a wooden stick and started hitting me.

"OW." I knew I had to endure the pain, or later I would endure my mom's emotional rampage. My sisters just watched, as I got painfully punished. Hyoyeon-unnie ran out and put her hands around mine. The stick waas now hitting her hand, our mother didn't seem like she was going to stop spanking. She pushed Hyoyeon out of the way and slapped me in the face. "YAH! Learn to behave."

I cried, holding my throbbing cheek.

*PRESENT TIME

Our walk back to our farm was pretty quiet. But the silence was broken when Hyoyeon-unnie challenged me to a race back to our farm. We laughed as she chased me. I saw our farm, from the top of the hill but then I stopped. Hyoyeon crashed into me. "YAH...what are you doing." I didn't say anything, but pointed towards our cabin. Yonghwa was back.