Chapter 4

Spring

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I set it for 12 o'clock, so I had about 7 or 8 hours of sleep, which is plenty for me. I got out of bed, took a shower, did my morning routine and changed into some comfy and warm clothes. Before going downstairs, I grabbed my phone from the bed. Time to catch up on some shows. What else is there to do? 

Just when I sat down on the couch and turned the TV on, I remembered something. Didn't Hanbin say that he was going to visit? Hmm.. he must be really busy with the show. Poor him and his fellow members.. On the other hand, I have time to watch their survival show now. I promised to watch it, so I'm not planning on breaking any promises I make. I'm actually really excited to see how all the members are on screen, including Hanbin of course. I connected my laptop to the TV and looked up the first episode of Mix&Match. Luckily, there were tons of fans that put it up on the internet. I clicked on the first link I saw and played the video. I jumped back on the couch with a blanket and turned the volume up. The first thing that came up was the intro for the show. They all seemed to have so much fun, it put a smile on my face. The first actual person that came up, after Yang Hyun Suk, was Hanbin. He had red hair, which made me giggle. He looked handsome, but it was just weird and funny to see him with red hair. 

I spent the rest of my time watching every episode up till episode 7, since the rest has yet to be released. From the beginning till the end of episode 7, I was hooked. I didn't even notice time flying by. I also did not notice that neither Hanbin nor Alex have knocked on the door or texted/called me. However, I did enjoy all the episodes of Mix & Match. All the performances were so so good and they all shone so bright. I was so impressed by them. They haven't even debuted yet and they're already this good and professional. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed all the charts once they do debut. The only sad thing about this show, is that two people are going to be eliminated. And don't think I did not do my research on this show!! I've read about WIN, and it was just as cruel, but with WIN; they split the 11 boys into two groups and one group could debut while the other couldn't, which might be more cruel.. I actually can't believe that Yang Hyun Suk would want to put them through this. Not once, but twice. It must be so hard for all the original Team B members. Just the thought of the possibility to lose a member you've breen training with for years.. 

During my trail of thoughts, my phone suddenly rang. I looked at the caller ID and it was an unknown number. I hesitated before picking up.. But what if it's actually an emergency? So, I kinda convinced myself to pick up. 

"Hello?"

"Uhm, Spring? Is this you?" Someone on the other line asked. 

"Yeah.. I'm sorry, who is this?" 

"Oh, I'm Jiwon aka Bobby. We met a few days ago. Anyways, something happened and I thought you might want to know.." He said, his voice slowly getting softer.

"What happened? Are you all okay?" I asked, worriedly. 

"Yeah, we are.. but Hanbin.. he's uh.. he's not that great.." 

"What? What happened?" I asked, even more worried than I was a second ago. 

"He woke up kinda early, I guess he wanted to go to your place, and while getting ready he collapsed.. We rushed him to the hospital immediately. I just wanted to tell you so you wouldn't have to worry," Jiwon said.

"Can I come and visit?" 

"Yeah, of course you can. He's in room 14B, I'll be waiting in front of the hospital, just tell me when you're almost here. Come here safely, okay?" Jiwon said, "I'll hang up now and don't worry too much! He's in good hands."

"Thank you Jiwon. I'll see you later~" I said and hung up. I turned the TV off, put my laptop away and quickly changed into warmer clothes and a thick coat. I slipped my boots on, grabbed my scarf and left the house with only my phone, my wallet and my housekeys. I was actually really worried. Was it because of me? Is it because of the late night walks? Why did he wake up early? That was what I was thinking of on the way to the bus stop, which wasn't that far from my house. I waited for a couple of minutes, until the bus arrived. I took a seat in the front and took my phone out. I sent a quick message to Alex, telling him something came up. I'm sure he would understand.

I still can't believe Hanbin collapsed.. Was it because the walks late at night in the cold? It's partly my fault, isn't it? 

I soon arrived at the bus stop near the hospital. I thanked the driver and speedwalked my way to the hospital. From afar, I could see Jiwon standing there, trembling because of the cold. I ran up to him, so we could go inside quickly.

"I'm so sorry that I let you wait," I said and bowed to him. He shook his hands in front of his face and smiled, "It's okay, I didn't wait that long. Let's go to his room," Jiwon said and walked in front of me. We entered the elevator and went up to the 2nd floor.

"I'm really sorry.. I think it's partly my fault, because we've been taking walks at night a lot lately.. and.. maybe it's the cold and the lack of sleep. I'm really sorry.." I kept on apologizing and looked down at my shoes.

"Hey, don't be sorry. Hanbin has always liked taking walks late at night, so it's not your fault at all. You two just coincidentally met each other and share the same interest. Please stop being sorry," he said. I nodded when the door of the elevator opened. I walked behind Jiwon, so he could lead the way to Hanbin's room. Jiwon opened the door and there were no other members there. The only one there was Hanbin. He was lying there, sleeping and looking peaceful. He looked a bit pale, though.. 

"I'll leave you here alone with him for a while. The doctor said that he should wake up soon, but for now, we should let him sleep. Do you want anything to drink?" Jiwon asked. I shook my head, "Thank you for telling me Jiwon." He nodded and left the room, which left me and Hanbin alone in the hospital room. 

I took the chair that was next to the window and placed it next to his bed. I rested my arms on the bed, and put my head on top of my arms.

"I'm sorry Hanbin.. We shouldn't have taken walks late at night. You could use that time to sleep and rest.. Let's not take walks daily, okay?" I said. I was basically talking to myself, but I didn't mind. At least I could express my feelings about this whole situation without it being awkward. I'm not the type to talk about my feelings, so knowing that he was sleeping was a relief.

"I'll stay here until you wake up. Wake up soon so you can recover and get back to doing your show," I said, "Oh, and I watched Mix & Match today, only up to episode 7, since the others haven't been released yet. I really liked it, you all looked very cool and handsome. I'll wait for the next episode~" I chuckled at myself and stared at his face. He looked so peaceful and calm. I hope this made him catch up on some sleep.

"Wake up fast, okay? I kinda miss your smile," I said and lightly poked his cheek. He didn't flinch or move, though. "Hanbin-ah, your members must be super worried about you.. Take you time to recover when you wake up. Get plenty of sleep, don't skip any meals and make sure you rest a lot. And also make sure to never collapse ever again! What if you hit your head against something? I can't believe you actually collapsed. I'm glad Jiwon called me." I sighed. After staring at his face for a while, I realized something. "Aren't you hungry? Because I am." Just then, my stomach grumbled. "Ahh.. I should've eaten something before coming here," I mumbled and pouted. 

"Spring, I bought a sandwich and some for you." I got startled and turned around. When I turned around, I saw Jiwon smiling and standing near the door with a cup and a bag in his hands.

"Oh, thank you so much, you shouldn't have done that. Here, I'll pay you back," I said and grabbed a random amount of money and put it in his hand. He refused and put it back in my hand. 

"It's okay, just take it," he smiled. I hesitated before nodding. I sat back down on the chair next to Hanbin's bed.

"Spring, the members called me back, so I'm going back, okay? Don't stay here too long, there are doctors and nurses here to take care of him. Eat dinner when it's time! I'll come back later tonight and I'd better not find you here," he said and squinted his eyes. I giggled and nodded, "I will. Make sure to eat some dinner yourself. I can buy some and bring it to YG or your dorm if you want to," I said. He denied my offer, "No no, don't. We have a manager who can do all that for us~ Just make sure to not starve yourself. Hanbin's going to be fine, nothing to worry about." I nodded and smiled. Jiwon left te hospital room with a smile. When he was gone, I turned back around. I placed my cup of tea on the table next to Hanbin's bed and started eating the sandwich that Jiwon gave me. He's super nice, actually. I don't think people would expect him to be nice when they see him performing, because he has a very husky voice and can seem quite intimidating, but he's actually so kind-hearted and caring. I'm glad Hanbin's surrounded by good, caring people. 

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh my god!" I gasped and put my hand on my chest. 

"I'm sorry," he chuckled and attemted to sit up, but I held him back. "Don't, you're still not well," I said. 

"I heard you talking to Jiwon. You weren't flirting with him, were you?" Hanbin asked. I frowned and slightly tilted my head, "No, he bought me a sandwich and something to drink. That's all.." 

Hanbin chuckled, "I know you weren't, but why did you come here?"

"Jiwon called me to say you were in the hospital because you collapsed. And since when were you awake?" I asked. 

"Ever since you started talking," he said and grinned. So.. that means he heard everything I said? Uhm..

"Yah, why didn't you open your eyes? I was super worried, while you were there chilling and listening to me expressing my feelings," I said and avoided his eyes. He laughed and still sat up, even though I told him not to. He took the cup of tea from the table next to him and started drinking. I didn't say anything and just let him drink. 

"You were cute. I like hearing you talk, do that more often," he said and smiled. I nodded and also smiled, "I will, only if you smile more," I said and gave the other half of my sandwich to him, "Eat." He took it and started eating. 

"I will. I'm also sorry if I ruined any of your plans.. I'll make it up to you tomorrow," he said. 

"No no, don't. You have to rest tomorrow and the day after. Just rest as long as the doctor tells you to and don't worry about that. My day was lovely, so don't worry~" I said and flashed him a smile.

"I'm still gonna make it up.. someday," he said and grinned before taking a big bite out of the sandwich. He must've been super hungry, because he finished the sandwich in less than 2 minutes while also drinking the tea. 

"I'll get you more food," I said and stood up, but was held back by him.

"Don't. Please stay here with me," he said. I sat back down and smiled. "Be careful next time, Hanbin. I don't think it's a good idea for you to take walks late at night this often.. You have so much more going on. You have to train, film, compose, train some more and not to forget, you have to have lots of sleep. It's not good for your health to have 2 hours of sleep every night.." I said and rested my chin on my hand.

"But I want to see you everyday.." 

"Maybe after you wrap up your filming and have some days off? You only have 2 episodes left," I said. 

"But that's two weeks!" 

"I'll visit YG when you're not too busy. We'll still get to see each other then, right? I can bring food and snacks," I said. He nodded and put his arms out. "Can I at least get a hug?" I chuckled and stood up, putting my arms around him. He pulled me on the bed with him, so we were now lying on the bed together, which wasn't very comfortable, to be honest.

"I missed you," he said and hugged me tighter. 

"I missed you too," I said and smiled. He gave me a kiss on the top of my head and sighed. We spent the next few hours or so talking and playing silly games to entertain ourselves. Without realizing, it was already 7pm. I remembered what Jiwon said about eating dinner and got up. 

"I'm going to get some dinner for us, so you stay here, okay?" I said and put my coat back on.

"Sure~ I don't really have anywhere elso to go, anyways." He chuckled and flashed me one of his precious smiles. I gave him a quick hug and walked my way to the door, "Bye, Hanbin~" I said and closed the door behind me. I made my way to the reception to ask for a nearby restaurant where they had takeaway and luckily, there was one. It was only a 5 minute walk from here to the restaurant so I was very happy. I exited the hospital and followed the directions that the receptionist told me. In a split second, I arrived at the restaurant. It was just a normal restaurant where they sold all kinds of food.

"Hello, may I help you?" A middle-aged woman asked.

"Hi, uhm, can I get two portions of jajangmyeon, galbijjim and some ddukbokki? Oh! And two iced coffee, please," I said. 

"Of course you can, sweetie! Take a seat there and I'll get everything ready for you," she said and pointed towards a table with four chairs around them. I thanked her and sat down on one of the chairs. I took my phone out and started texting Hanbin. 

I smiled at the angel-thingy and put my phone away when the lady called me. 

"I put everything in a bag for you, everything is packed seperately and I also put a few chopsticks in there and a few napkins. The only thing there is left, is the drinks." She put the bag on top of the counter and turned around, preparing the two drinks for me. I grabbed some money out of my pocket and put it on top of the counter. The lady soon finished making the drinks and put them in a holder. I thanked her and left the restaurant. I happily skipped (maybe walked) back to the hospital and greeted the receptionist. I made my way to the 2nd floor and looked for Hanbin's room.

"14B.. 14B.. Ah, found it," I mumbled and knocked on the door before entering. "Come in!" Hanbin yelled. I opened the door and smiled. He was lying down and playing a game on his phone. His back was turned to me, so he didn't see me. He probably thought I was a nurse or something. So, taking advantage of the situation, I crept up behind him and yelled a loud "BOO!" What disappointed me was that he didn't flinch or jump at all. 

"It's gonna take more than that to scare me, Spring," he smiled and sat up straight. I went to the other side of the room and placed the bag on the table. I slowly started unpacking everything and I could feel Hanbin's eyes on me while I was unpacking. 

"Tadaa, that's everything I bought; two portions of jajangmyeon, galbijjim, ddukbokki and two iced coffees! Enjoy~" I said, "Aren't you coming?" I asked. He got off the bed immediately and went to the couch on the opposite side of the room. I handed him his drink, which he gladly took. He took a sip before placing it on the table. I also sat down and gave him chopsticks and a spoon. We started eating as if we were starving. I wasn't really, but I'm sure Hanbin was. I don't think he has eaten anything since this morning.. 

"Is it good?" I asked. 

He nodded and attemted to smile with a mouth full, "Yes! Thanks~" 

"Hmm.. eat as much as you want then, I'm not that hungry anymore," I said and smiled. I only finished my jajangmyeon and let Hanbin eat the rest. I honestly thought he wouldn't be able to finsih it, but he actually did. He put everything in the bag and put it on the floor. 

"I'm full," he said and rubbed his stomach. Meanwhile, I took out my phone and sent Jiwon a text. He called me after receiving it, though. Hanbin leaned his head on my shoulder when I picked up.

"Hey Jiwon," I said.

"Spring, have you eaten dinner yet? Tell Hanbin to also eat something," he said. 

"We already ate, but did you guys eat?"

"Yeah, we did. We're almost at the hospital now! The doctor called us and told us that Hanbin is gonna be discharged from the hospital tonight," Jiwon said. 

"Really? I'll pass it on to him, we'll wait for you guys! Bye Jiwon~" I said and hung up after he also said 'bye'. 

"What did you guys talk about? Why are you smiling?" He asked. 

"Jiwon said that you're gonna be discharged from the hospital tonight, that's why I'm smiling," I said and chuckled. I leaned against the backrest of the couch. Hanbin did the same.

"Really? That's great! Do you want to come over to the dorm? The members probably won't let me leave the dorm.." 

"Sure, but only if the other's are okay with it.." And just as I finished my sentence, the other members/fellow trainees walked in. They first looked at the bed, where Hanbin obviously wasn't, so they all turned their heads and saw us on the couch. 

"Hey!" Jiwon said and joined us on the couch. He took a seat next to Hanbin. They all greeted me with smiles. Some of them sat on Hanbin's bed, others on the couch with us and others on the chairs that were in the room. 

"So, what did you guys do for 4 hours straight?" Junhoe asked, with an expecting look on his face.

"Nothing, we talked and ate food, that's it," I said and smiled. We sat there for a while and talked about random things. We laughed a lot and got closer in that small amount of time. Hanbin seemed to be a little better than he was when I just got here, which is a big relief. He wasn't as pale as before. The doctor told him to rest for a week before actually starting to train again. Let's all hope he's gonna listen to the doctor.

"Spring, are you going to the dorm with us?" Jinhwan asked. We were now outside of the hospital with Hanbin. Everyone was going into the car they came in.

"Uhh.. Hanbin asked me to come, but I'm not sure, since you guys are with 9 people and yeah.." 

"If you're wondering if we would be okay with it, we are. The others would actually love to have you over at our place," he assured me and smiled. I nodded and smiled back. I'm glad they 'like' me. I turned around to look for Hanbin and saw him grinning when he caught my eye. We all got in the car. It was a huge bus for more than 9 people, so we had plenty of seats to choose from. When everyone was seated, their manager (I believe) drove off to their house. It wasn't that far from the hospital. 

"We're here!!" Jiwon shouted and jumped up from his seat. He ran to the exit and left the bus. 

"Is he always like.. uh.. that?" I asked. Everyone nodded and just shook their head at Jiwon's cheery mood. It's not a bad thing at all. I'm sure he's the mood lifter when it comes to it. 

"Our dorm is up there," Hanbin said, standing next to me. We've already all exited the bus and were now waiting for the manager to park the bus/car. 

"Which floor? How do you guys live with 9 people in an apartment.." I asked. That means that if they're the last to wake up, they have to wait for 8 people to finish.. Seems hard.. 

"We live on the 7th floor and it's not that hard.. Sometimes just a bit annoying, because these people here are super loud," Junhoe said and pointed at Jiwon. 

"YAH!!" Jiwon shouted, but went back to his cheerful smile in a split second. The manager finally got back and led us to the entrance of the building. They all greeted the receptionist and went to the elevator. What if we're too heavy with the 11 of us? The elevator isn't really big.. I shrugged it off and prayed for my life. However, we did got there safely. We exited the elevator and their manager opened the door to their dorm. When he just opened the door, there was a small hall where they apparently put their shoes, because the whole place was full with shoes. It looked like they just threw a pile of shoes there without caring much. We took our shoes off and went into the actual dorm. It was quite spacy and the first thing that Jiwon did was run to the living room. He laid down on a bunk bed and started moving weirdly. It did brought a big smile to my face, but other members were ignoring it and went to their own room. I guess they're gonna change or something? I decided to leave them alone for now and took a seat on the couch in the living room. I looked around and it was quite messy, but what do you expect? Nine boys are living here.. 

"Spring, come with me. I'll show you our rooms," Hanbin said and took my hand in his. I smiled at the contact and followed him. He opened the door and the first thing I saw was a half Jiwon. Hanbin closed the door immediately when he saw it.

"Okay, let's go to another room first. You're not allowed to see that," he joked and walked to the room opposite of theirs. This time when he opened the door, there were no half people. Jinhyeong, Chanwoo and Hongseok were in that room. There were all sitting on their beds either playing a game on their phone or reading a book/magazine. 

"Hey guys, nice room," I said. Their room was actually very clean and neat. Beds were made, there were no clothes on the floor and it smelled normal (not sweaty or too perfume like). 

"Thanks~" Chanwoo said and smiled. 

"Okay, next room," Hanbin said and led me out of the room, "Yah, Jiwon! Are you fully clothed?!" 

"Yeah yeah, come in," was what he received as an answer. I giggled and followed Hanbin into the room. When Jiwon saw our hands intertwined, he gave Hanbin a funny look. Hanbin ignored it and went on with telling about his room.

"I sleep on the bottom bunk and Jiwon sleeps on the top bunk. Junhoe sleeps on that bed because he doesn't like bunk beds," Hanbin said and pointed to Junhoe, who was lying on his bed with the blanket up till his head. I chuckled and nodded. "What do you think?"

"It's neat. I didn't expect it to be this clean, because.. uh.. well, your living room isn't that clean.." I said and avoided any eye contact with them.

"No, we actually agree with you.. It's.. bad.." Hanbin said and laughed. 

"Hanbin, you should rest, so lie down on your bed and sleep," I said and pushed him down on the bed. He lay down, covered his body with the blanket and grinned widely at me. I shook my head and smiled. 

"Spring, you can rest on my bed, if you want to. I'm going to play video games with Chanwoo," Jiwon said and left the room. I mumbled a 'thanks', but sat down on the floor anyways. 

"Do you want to eat snacks," Junhoe suddenly asked. I turned my head around and saw his hand, with a bag of candy, stick out. I laughed at the look of it and nodded. I grabbed a few and thanked him.

"Yah, Junhoe. You shouldn't lay down and eat candy like that. Jinhwan hyung already told you a hundred times," Hanbin nagged and turned towards us. 

"Whatever," Junhoe said and continued eating, this time sitting up straight without the blanket up to his head. He literally didn't do anything else besides eating and staring out of the window. I was fumbling with a plushy that was on the floor, when Junhoe suddenly spoke up.

"Hey Spring," he said, "Do you like Hanbin?" I was caught off guard and looked at Hanbin and then at the plushy in my hands, smiling. All this time, Junhoe was waiting for my answer. I looked back up and smiled. "Oh right.. wanna go get some ice cream at the shop nearby?" Junhoe asked.

"Sure~" I said and stood up. I placed the plushy on Hanbin's bed, pulled his blanket up for him and left te room with Junhoe. We went to the other rooms to ask what they wanted as ice cream. After we went in every room (including the living room) to ask what the others wanted, we left the dorm. 

"So.." 

"Hmm?" I was just casually looking around, because the park in front of their house was really really nice. Leaves were falling from the trees and almost the whole park was covered with them. The colour of the leaves made everything look super cozy and autumn-like. 

"Do you like Hanbin?" Junhoe asked, interrupting my trail of thoughts. I didn't want to beat around the bush or anything, because I am almost certain I am starting to like him. I'm not at the point of drooling over him and wanting him by my side 24/7, but I do like him and want the best for him. He's super kind, caring and an amazing person to be around.

"Yeah, I do. But don't tell him.. please.." I said and looked at him. 

"Of course I wont. You two would have to figure it out yourself, I'm not gonna screw up your relationship," he assured me and smiled. From what I've seen on Mix&Match, Junhoe acted very 'sassy', but he is super nice. It's indeed true that we only get to see a small part of their lives in those shows. You don't know what goes on in anyone's life but your own, and that's something we all should keep in mind. You shouldn't mess with anyone's life. When you think it's just a small part of their lives that you're messing with, you're wrong. Every part of someone's live affects their entire life. So when you're messing with someone's life, you're messing with their entire life. That's why I don't like bullying, be it cyberbullying, physical bullying or verbally bullying, it's all wrong. You're affecting their mental health by doing that. 

"Thanks, Junhoe," I said and smiled. We went inside the shop and bought ice cream for each of us. We sat down at a table for two and started eating. 

"You really didn't have to pay.. I have money with me, you know," I said.

"That's the least I could do for Hanbin's soon-to-be-girlfriend," he said and wiggled his eyebrows. 

"Yah, I never said anything about wanting to be his girlfriend," I said, "I honestly can't.. Seven of you are debuting, probably next year and he can't already have a dating scandal when he hasn't even debut yet, right?"

"Why do you care about that?" Junhoe asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I care about him and honestly about all of you. I don't want you guys to have a hard time because of me. It would be better if you had a debut that went smoothly without any problems, which is not likely to happen, but as smoothly as possible."

"But you have absolutely no say in that. If Hanbin wants to date you, he will. If we all want to be close friends with you, we can. This is not a one-sided friendship, you know.." He said. 

"Well, I could always say no if he asked me out," I said. 

"Yeah, but that wouldn't make anyone happy, and you know that.." He said and took a big spoon full of ice cream in his mouth. I had almost forgotten about the ice cream, so I picked the cup up and also started eating. 

"I know.. I'm sorry, this is all just very confusing. Thanks, though," I said and flashed him a smile.

"Please do not let go of something you like or love. Love is very hard to find nowadays, so you should grab every chance you get," he said. It sounded like he had a similar situation.. Why else would he say that? 

"I understand, thanks," I said.

"You're welcome. I once liked a girl and she liked me, but when I told her I had to move so I could work on my dream, to make it come true, she felt hurt and somehow betrayed. I did everything, in that short amount of time I had to, make it up to her ; I told her I would visit everytime I had a day off, I told her we would call everyday or skype each other, but she didn't want to hear any of it. At the end, I left without saying a thing to her. I realized that she didn't deserve me. It may sound very cocky, but if she didn't want to, then I couldn't do anything about it, right? It has to come from both sides and if it doesnt, it's not going to work out. Hanbin talks about you a lot. He tells us about his walks with you and describes you as the kindest person ever. I felt quite hurt when he said that, because, look at me, I'm super kind and caring." I laughed and put my empty cup, without ice cream in it, away. He eventually also laughed and we continued talking about other things. 

We were now walking back to the dorm with ice cream for the others. 

"I can't believe you almost fell, how can someone be so clumsy?" He laughed and shook his head. Just a second ago, I was only trying to kick a pile of leaves, but I failed and didn't kick any, so my foot got caught between two loose tiles.

"I know I'm clumsy! Please don't tell anyone, it was so embarrassing.." I said and held my face between my hands, because I was probably as red as a tomato. 

"I won't," he said, but I somehow didn't believe him... Let's just hope he doesn't say anything.. 

We walked into the building and greeted the receptionist. Just when we were about to enter the elevator, Junhoe stood still.

"I'll be up in a minute! I have to go to the post office to pick up things. I'll take the ice cream," he said and left. I watched until he was out of sight and stepped into the elevator. I clicked the 7th floor button and waited, but it stopped on the 5th floor. I didn't realize this, so I stepped out and walked through the hallway, but couldn't find their dorm.. I accidentally bumped into a little girl because I wasn't paying attention. 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I crouched down to her height and looked at her face, to see if anything hit her. Luckily, there were no red spots whatsoever on her face.

"Yeah, I'm okay!" She brightly said.

"That's good then," I said and patted her head, "What's your name?" 

"I'm Haru! Lee Haru~" She said and grabbed my hand, "Do you want to see fish? I have a room with a lot of fish! I also have a flying fish, it's really cool!"

"What a lovely name. I'm Spring! I'd love to come to your house, but I'm not sure if your parents would be okay with a stranger in their house," I said and smiled at her cuteness. She was super bright and lively. 

"Spring? Just like the season, right? I like it! Do you want to eat ice cream? We can buy some!" 

"Maybe next time, okay? I'll take you home, but you have to lead the way," I said and smiled. She nodded and grabbed my hand with both of her hands. She dragged me with her to the end of the hall and pointed to the door. "I live here!" She said. I nodded and rang the doorbell, waiting for someone to open it. Soon, a man opened the door, half-sleepy. 

"Hello, your daughter was in the hallway on her own, so I brought her back," I said and let go of her hand. She didn't let go, though. She clung onto me and looked up with her puppy eyes. 

"Ahh, really? Haru-yah, why did you leave the house?" He crouched down to his daughter's height and lightly pinched her cheek. 

"Appa was sleeping and I was bored.." She said and pouted. 

"Hmm, I'm not going to sleep anymore, okay?" He said, with an awfully high voice. Haru nodded and smiled, "Can Spring come in? Please please please? I want to show her fish!" 

"Honey, I'm sure she has somewhere to go," he said to Haru. "Do you live here? I've never seen you before.." He said, this time directed to me.

"Oh, no! I am visiting a few friends, they live on the 7th floor. One of them just got out of the hospital, so they asked me if I wanted to come over," I said and smiled. 

"Do you perhaps know iKON?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was actually talking about them. Do you know them?" I asked, slightly tilting my head.

"We're actually in the same company. I'm Tablo from Epik High," he said and grinned. I took another good look at him and only then noticed it was indeed him. I remembered him from the Born Hater video that Hanbin showed me. 

"Oh wow, you are! I like Epik High's music," I said.

"Well, thank you very much. And also thank you for bringing Haru back, she's really active, so I'm sorry for that," he said.

"Oh no, no problem! She's such a cutie, I don't mind. But I'll be leaving now. My friends are probably waiting," I said and bowed. 

"Can we come with you? It's been a while since I've seen them," he asked. 

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind~" I said and smiled. He went back in to change and Haru took me inside to show me her fish collection. Their house was really nice and clean. When I first walked into the room Haru was leading me to, I giggled at her collection of fish. She literally had a flying fish in the room. She started explaining what each plushy was, until she got to the last one. "And this one is Popo! Dad's friend gave it to me," she said with a big smile on her face. It was a dolphin plushy. 

"Haru! Let's go!" Tablo yelled from the living room. Haru grabbed my hand and led me outside. I followed her out to the front door of their house and waited for Tablo to lock the door. We went to the elevator, pressed the button of the 7th floor and waited. 

"How did you meet the boys?" Tablo asked.

"I met Hanbin while taking a walk at night and I coincidentally met the others while I was taking a walk on my own," I said and smiled at the memory of it. It sure is coincidental.. 

"Then it must be faith that you all met," he said. I nodded and smiled. The elevator door went open and we stepped out. I rang the bell of their dorm and was soon greeted by a worried Junhoe. 

"Yah! Spring, where were you? I was looking for you when I saw you weren't in the dorm, next t-" He suddenly stopped and looked at Tablo and Haru, "Oh! Tablo hyung and Haru! What are you doing here?" 

"Can we come in first?" Tablo asked. Junhoe stepped aside immediately and let us in. He looked quite nervous, which was pretty funny to me. The four of us sat down on the couch. 

"Guys!! Tablo hyung is here!" Junhoe yelled at the top of his lungs. The others came barging out of the room and almost slipped, because of the laminated floor. They all joined is either on the couch or on the floor. 

"So, why did you three come together?" Junhoe asked. 

"I was going up to the 7th floor, but the lift stopped on the 5th floor, probably because Haru pressed the button. And then she dragged me with her to her house and that's how we met," I said and chuckled. All the while, Haru was off exploring the dorm. She dragged her dolphin plushy with her everywhere she went. 

"Oh, where is Hanbin?" Tablo asked.

"He's still not feeling well, so he's sleeping," Jinhwan said. Tablo nodded and followed Haru with his eyes.

"Is it okay if I check up on him?" I asked. The others all nodded and let me go to Hanbin's room. I softly opened the door and peeked through. I couldn't see if he was awake or not, because his back was turned towards me, so I went in and closed the door behind me. I slowly walked up to his bed and tried to see if he was awake. I couldn't see anything, so I sat down on the floor. I put my knees up and wrapped my arms around them. Hanbin's breathing was even and it didn't look like he was awake. 

"Hanbin," I said, "You should rest a lot from now on, okay? I'll visit whenever the others are off training." I sighed and looked at his back. "Don't ever exhaust yourself like that again. Why did you even wake up early to come to my house? So stupid.." I said and put my head on top of my arms, which were on my knees. Suddenly, Hanbin turned around. He wasn't awake though. I could now see his face that looked so calm. 

"Will you promise me to not do that, ever again? Please?" I said. I knew I wasn't going to get a response, but whatever. I smiled at his precious face and continued staring. I didn't really have anything else to say, so I only sat there and stared. I got startled when Hanbin's eyes suddenly opened. 

"When are you gonna stop staring?" He said. 

"Yah.." I said.

"I'm joking, you can stare as long as you want to~" He said and smiled. 

"Do you feel better? Junhoe and I bought ice cream, shall I get it for you?" I asked. He nodded immediately and sat up. I exited the room and made my way to the kitchen, greeting the others also. I grabbed a cup of ice cream out of the fridge for Hanbin and went back, but Haru called my name.

"Yes?" I said, "Is anything wrong?" 

"Can I come with you, unni?" She asked. I wanted to pinch her cheeks and cuddle her up because she was just so cute. "Of course you can, Haru," I said and smiled. I took her hand and walked back to the room with Haru. I whispered something in Haru's ear before entering the room. She nodded and did as I said.

"Hanbin samchon!!" She shouted. She then opened the door and barged in, "Hello!" She beamed and waved her dolphin plushy around. I smiled and handed the ice cream to Hanbin. 

"Hmm? What is she doing here?" He asked.

"Tablo is here," I said. 

"Really? I should go greet him then," he said and stood up. He went to the living room and I heard a faint "Hello sunbae". Tablo answered back, saying: "How many times did I tell you to call me hyung?" After a few more seconds, Hanbin returned. I was playing thumb war with Haru, but we stopped when Hanbin returned. He went back to the bed with his ice cream, sat next to me and started eating. 

"Haru, who do you like more? Me or Spring?" Hanbin asked, with a big smile on his face. I glared at him, "Yah, why would you ask her that.." 

"Spring unni! I showed her my fishes," she said and smiled. Hanbin was taken aback and the smile on his face was gone. He was now pouting, which didn't sit him at all. Suddenly, Haru left the room and went back to the living room, making Hanbin and I laugh because of the spontaneous move. I stood up to close the door and sat on the floor opposite of Hanbin. 

"I missed you," Hanbin said, "But why did you go get ice cream with Junhoe? I could've gone with you.." 

"We just talked about things, that's it," I said. Hanbin lay down and patted the space beside him, telling me to lie down next to him. I eventually agreed and lay next to him. I was lying on his arm, while he was lying on the pillow.

"What did you guys talk about?" He asked, his curiosity getting the best of him.

"Just things," I said. I didn't want to tell him that we talked about me liking him. I didn't want to do that and wasn't planning on doing that. 

"Why are you keeping secrets from me," he whined. 

"I'm not! I'll tell you later, when I think it's okay to tell," I said and smiled at him, trying to assure him that it was nothing big. 

"Hmm.. okay, I believe you," he said. We lay there in silence for a moment until I spoke up. "Hanbin, it's almost 12.. I think I should go home," I said and was planning on standing up, but was held back by Hanbin, "No, stay here," he said and hugged me tightly, "Didn't you say that you would be here whenever the boys went away for training?"

"Yes, but they're here," I said, pointing out the obvious.

"Can you stay here?" He asked.

"I don't even have a place to sleep, or pajamas, or a toothbrush. I hate sleeping without brushing my teeth.." I said and put my arm around him. He covered us with the blanket, because I was slightly shaking.

"We have extra toothbrushes here and you can borrow clothes from me to sleep in," he said, "And you can sleep right here, with me."

"Hmm, I'll think about it. Let me take a walk now, please. The park here is really nice," I said and stood up. 

"Can I come too?" 

"No, you're ill," I said. 

"I can wear scarves, ten sweaters and gloves," he said and stood up a bit too quickly, which resulted to a headache. I held him up and waited for him. I looked at him worriedly. I really do want to go on a walk with him, but he can't take walks in this state.. It'll make everything worser than it already is. He has to get better asap, so he can get back to training/composing or whatever he's doing. "I'll check up with the boys first, to ask if it's okay," I said and left the room. 

"Uhm guys, is it okay if I take Hanbin out on a walk?" I asked.

"Yeah, please do. He's gonna be whiny and annoying if you don't," Jiwon said. 

I looked at Tablo and Haru, "Bye for now, I'll make sure to visit and play with Haru when I have time," I said and bowed at them. 

"Please do, I'm scared that Haru's gonna bother me with it if you don't," he said and laughed. I nodded and went back to Hanbin's room. "Change into really thick clothes, Jiwon gave you permission to leave the house," I said and smiled. I was on my way to the door so Hanbin could change, but he held me back.

"You can stay here," he said and went to his closet to look for a thick sweater. I sighed and nodded. When he was almost taking his shirt off, I quickly turned away and waited for him to finish. "Done!" He said and gently grabbed my hands, taking them away from my face. He put his hand out for me to hold, which I gladly took. We walked to the front door, greeting the others on our way out. I put my shoes and coat on and Hanbin did the same. He was looking for something, probably a scarf or gloves. He was making a mess, so I decided to help him. I opened a few drawers and got out a thick scarf and a pair of gloves. I can't believe I found that faster than he did. He thanked me, took my hand again and we walked out of the house, hand in hand. 

"I missed taking walks," he said and smiled. I nodded and shivered when we stepped out of the building. It was pretty chilly outside, since we were getting deeper into autumn. 

"Will you sing for me this time?" He asked. I hesitated and thought for awhile.

"Uhm sure, what do you want me to sing?" I asked. We took a seat on a bench in the park I was talking about earlier. I looked at the falling leaves and waited for Hanbin's answer. 

"Oh, I got it! Do you know our song 'Wait For Me?" I nodded and exhaled. This was the first time I'm singing for someone beside my auntie and uncle.. Of course I was nervous.. I inhaled, exhaled and inhaled again. Hanbin played the song on his phone and I waited. It was my cue to start, so I started. My voice started off shakily, because I was nervous, but it got better throughout the song. Hanbin rapped the rap parts and I did the singing parts. We sang the song looking at each other, not looking away once, but at the end of the song, I looked away.

"That was beautiful," Hanbin said and smiled. 

"Thank you, but I'm not doing it again because that was so nerve-wrecking, I actually thought I was going to die," I said and chuckled. I could feel my face heating up and suddenly, it wasn't cold anymore. How ironic. 

"Spring.." Hanbin suddenly spoke up while we were sitting there in silence.

"Hm?"

"Do you- uh.. do you like me?" He asked. Why are people throwing this question at me today? Is it that obvious? I'm deliberating if I should tell him or not.. "What is taking you so long?"

"I was thinking of an answer.." I said, "But I do." He was quiet for a moment. "I like you too," he said and smiled. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders, a huge weight. 

"But I don't want to date.. yet.." I said and looked at the stars instead of at him. "After all, how often do we meet someone who we feel this connected to? I don't want to ruin anything by rushing it.."

"I understand, I honestly feel the same way, but I hate waiting. Maybe that's why I asked you to sing 'Wait For Me'. I feel exactly like that. Just wait for me, wait for me to make you fall harder. After all, how often do we get a second chance? We have to try and make sure there is no second chance. I don't want a second chance, I want to make sure I don't mess up my first chance."

"I'll wait for you, don't worry," I said and smiled. I leaned my head against his shoulder and we looked up at the sky together. There were so many bright stars, so many. 

"One day, Hanbin, you'll shine as bright as those stars up there, maybe even brighter. Just remember to let yourself shine, do not let others take away that shine. Stars can't shine without darkness, right? So, expect to have some downs, but don't let them keep you down. In my eyes, you'll always be the brightest star." He smiled and left a kiss on top of my head.

"You should also follow your dreams, whatever they are. Just because you don't know what you want with your life yet, doesn't mean you'll never know. Just be patient, okay? I'll always be here to help you along the way of achieving your dreams," he said and squeezed my hand. We stood up and walked further. We spent the night having deep conversations about life, about dreams and about love. We both agreed on not dating YET, but who knows...