Chapter 2

Spring

I suddenly woke up from my sleep and looked around me. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was 2pm. I got up immediately and ran to my phone. I promised a friend to go to the mall with him, but I don't think I'll be there on time. 

"Alex, I'm so sorry! I totally overslept.. Can we meet up at 3.30?" I asked.

"Of course, it's okay! Just take your time, see you later~" He said and hung up. I sighed out of relief and put my phone down. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower and brushed my teeth while showering. I had to leave at 3, so I had a little bit less than an hour left, which was fine, because I don't take that long to get ready. After taking a shower, I went back to my room in a bathrobe. I checked the weather for today and sighed. It was getting colder by the day and I needed more sweaters, because the ones from last year were almost all worn out. After checking the weatherforecast, I went to my closet and picked out a pair of thick leggings, a skirt and a sweater. 

*Ding Dong* 

"Huh? Who could that be.." I wondered. I ran downstairs and opened the door. 

"A package for.." He checked the name on the clipboard, before saying it, "For Spring?" 

"Yeah that's me," I smiled and he handed the package over to me. I scribbled my signature on the paper and thanked him. I couldn't remember that I ordered anything, so I was quite excited. I brought the package up to my room and got a pair of scissors from my desk. I cut the box open and saw a pair of shoes. 

"Oh! I totally forgot about these!" I said to myself. I forgot about it because they were late with sending it. I was glad I still received it, though. I decided to put the shoes on for today. When I realized I had 20 minutes left, I quickly stood up and did my make up. I only put on some eyeliner, some mascara and a dark lipstick. For my hair, I only blowdried it. Because my hair is naturally straight, I spare a lot of time in the morning. I put my shoes on and grabbed my coat. I took a backpack with me and threw my wallet, my earphones, a lipbalm and a portable phonecharger with me. I grabbed my housekeys and went downstairs, checking all the windows and doors to make sure they were closed. After closing everything, I left the house and made my way to the busstop. Luckily for me, the bus arrived in just a minute. I went all the way to the back of the bus and took a seat. I took my phone out and texted Alex, telling him I was in the bus. 

I put some music on and put my earphones in. Of course, I was jamming to Born Hater again, and yes, on repeat. After a 25 minute drive, we finally arrived in front of the mall. I quickly got out and went to the place Alex and I agreed to meet up. I probably haven't told you this, but Alex is my closest friend. I'm not sure if we're best friends, but we are really close. He also doesn't live in this town, though, but there are a few times he comes here to visit me and his family. 

"Spring!" 

I turned around and looked around to see where the voice was coming from. I still couldn't really see who it was, because my eyesight isn't that great. The person came nearer and nearer and when he was about 5 meters away from me, I finally saw who it was. 

"Alex!" I said. I was greeted with a big and warm hug. Alex ruffled my hair and let one arm fall to his side, still having his other arm around me, but this time standing beside me, "How have you been, you cutie," he asked and pinched my cheek.

"Great! Just very lonely, because my aunt and uncle are out of town, so I'm all on my own for the next two weeks," I said, unconsciously pouting. 

"Aw, poor baby. Have you eaten anything?" He asked. 

"No, I overslept, remember?" I reminded him.

"Ohh, right.. Forget that," he chuckled. We were now walking towards a little cafe to get some food for the both of us, since he also didn't eat anything. We went inside and the cafe was very very cozy and warm. Alex told me that he would order and I had to look for a seat for the both of us. Luckily, there were barely any people, so I had a lot to choose from. I decided to sit somewhere that wasn't near the window. I sat down, placed my bag on the table and took my phone out to check for any texts from my uncle or aunt. 

"Spring, are you okay on your own in the house? Nothing that scared you or anything, right?"  My aunt texted. She knows I hate being alone at home, so I feel very thankful that she wanted to check up on me.

"Auntiee! Yes, I'm fine, thanks to the timer for the light that uncle installed. And Alex is visiting, so is it okay if he comes over a few times?" I texted back. I didn't want to bring any people in that they wouldn't approve of, but my aunt and uncle both knew about Alex, so I'm sure they're okay with it.

"You still hate being home alone?" I got startled and turned around. 

"Yah! Don't creep up on me like that next time!" I said and put my hand on my chest. 

"Sorry," he said and giggled. He placed a tray on the table and sat across from me. On the tray were two mugs with hot chocolate and whipped cream and two sandwiches. 

"Wow, thanks Alex," I said and smiled at him. He took one mug and placed it in front of me and also placed the plate with my sandwich in front of me. He did the same for himself and started eating. I started eating the whipped cream on top of the hot chocolate first, in case it melted. 

"Yah, Spring, eat your sandwich first. You told me you were hungry, right?" 

"Okay okay, I will," I said and put my spoon down. I started eating my sandwich and occasionally glared at Alex. He's only 2 years older than me, but acts like he's my dad. I'm not bothered by it, because he's really caring and he's  like an older brother to me. I didn't have an older brother figure in my life before meeting him, so I'm thankful for everything he does for me. His town is like 4 hours away from my town, but he still visits like 4 to 5 times a year. 

"Alex, have you found a girlfriend yet?" I joked. Ever since I've known him, he's never had a girlfriend. Not even once, and he's really good-looking, nice and caring, so I don't understand. My aunt often asks me: "Why don't you date him? He's good-looking, caring and you've known each other for like, what? 4 years?" But I always answer the same way I always do: "I don't feel anything for him. He's nothing but a brother-figure to me." 

Alex looked up and almost choked on his sandwich, which made me laugh. "You know I don't like girls easily," he simply answered.

"So you like boys?" I joked. He glared at me and pinched my cheek. "Ouch ouch ouch!" I yelled. He let go immediately and caressed my cheek, which he pinched like 2 seconds ago. I put my hand on his face and pushed it backwards. 

"Does it really hurt?" He asked and looked at me worriedly. 

I shook my head, "No, I was joking. Stop being so serious," I said and laughed. We quickly finished our food and drinks. I offered to bring the tray away, since he needed to go to the bathroom. When he left for the bathroom, I quickly grabbed my bag, took my wallet out and paid for our food. After paying, I quickly sat down and acted as if nothing happened. He doesn't like it when I pay for anything, he'd rather split the bill, but after everything he's done for me, I don't mind paying for him at all. That's the least I could do, right?

"Yah, did you pay?" He asked, when he came back from the bathroom. I innocently smiled at him and stood up, leaving the cafe. 

"Yah! Stop right there!" He said and caught up with me, "Why did you pay? It's been a while since I've seen you and I wanted to pay." He pouted. I giggled at his behaviour and shrugged. He put his arm around my shoulders again and we spent the rest of the afternoon walking around the mall and buying clothes. We were both in need of some sweaters, so that was our main goal. After a while of looking around, I bought 4 sweaters, but Alex couldn't find any. 

"Alex~ what about this one?" I asked. We were now walking around in a men's store, on a mission to find some sweaters for him. He's always very picky with clothes, so it was pretty hard to find a decent one for him. He doesn't like bright colours, he doesn't like sweaters that are too thick, he doesn't like sweaters that make him feel itchy and the list goes on.

"Oh, this one is actually not that bad.." He said and took the sweater out of my hands, "I'm going to try this on, be right back." Even though he said 'be right back', we walked to the fitting room together. I sat on one of the chairs right across from his fitting room and waited for him to come out. Meanwhile, I took my phone out and checked the text that auntie had sent me. 

"Of course, he can visit as much as he wants to! Say hi to him for us! And take some pictures, because we haven't seen him in a while." 

I laughed at auntie's text and took a note to myself to take pictures with Alex. We both don't really like pictures, but I guess it's okay if we take it on our own. I put my phone in my pocket and waited for Alex to come out. While waiting, I spotted a really nice sweater, not for Alex but for me. Although we were in a men's store, some men sweaters are actually better than women sweaters.. I grabbed it and went back to the fitting room.

"Alex, I'm also gonna try something on. I'm right next to you!" I told him and went into the fitting room. I was really quick and when I got out, Alex was also done putting the sweater on.

"What took you so long?" I asked. 

"Uh.. I was.. taking pictures." He looked away out of embarrassment, which only made me smile. 

"You look good in that sweater!" I said and made him turn around, "Wow, you look more manly."

"I do?!" He opened the door of his fitting room and looked at his back in the mirror. I chuckled at his excitement and stepped in his fitting room.

"What do you think of this sweater?" I asked him. Only then did he notice I was also wearing another sweater. 

"This is a men's sweater? You look cute in it," he said and ruffled my hair. 

"Thanks!" I said and remembered that auntie asked me to take pictures with him, "Alex, I'm gonna take some pictures for auntie, so stay still," I said and went to my fitting room, grabbing my phone and coming back to his. I opened the camera app and posed for the pictures. Our sweaters matched really well, so it looked like we were wearing a couple item, which was not our intention, but whatever. We took a few standing normally, and we took a few in which we were acting silly. After that, I took some solo photos of him and his face for auntie. 

"Now go back to your fitting room, it's getting late," he said, "Unless you want to change in here?" He raised an eyebrow and laughed when I looked at him disgustingly. I left his fitting room and went back to mine, changing back into my normal clothes. I put my backpack on and held the sweater in my hand. When I went out of the fitting room, Alex was already there, waiting for me.

"Let's pay for this and go home," I said and hooked my arm with his. He's a lot taller than me, so it may have looked weird.. 

"Give your sweater to me," Alex said. I looked at him, clearly confused.

"Why?" 

"Because I'm gonna pay for it," he said and took my sweater out of my hands and speedwalked away. I eventually gave up on following him, because it was pretty useless. At the end, he paid for my sweater.

"Oh my god, it's almost 9.." I said, while sitting on the bench at the bus stop, waiting for the bus. How did time fly by that fast? We didn't even do that much..

Suddenly, Alex' phone rang. He answered and the only thing he said was "Okay, yes, yeah." When he hung up, he gave me a 'I-hate-everything'-look. He sighed and leaned his head on my shoulder, "My grandma told me to come home, because she made dinner.." He said, clearly unhappy about it. "Can't you come with me?" He asked, lifting his head up and facing me.

"I'm sorry.. I promised someone to meet up later on," I answered and now I was the one putting my head on his shoulder. He looked away, "Who's that someone?" He asked. 

"Just a friend," I answered and smiled at the thought of yesterday night. 

"Hmm.. Okay, but promise me that we're seeing each other again this week," he said and put his pinky in front of my face. I smiled and nodded, hooking my pinky with his and connecting our thumbs afterwards. 

"Are you gonna survive without me?" He joked. 

"Of course I will! I'm a strong woman, and besides, I've done this before," I said. I could see my bus from afar and stood up to say bye to Alex, "Alex~ stand up, my bus is almost here." He looked to his left and saw my bus nearing. He sighed and stood up, "Come here," he said and spread his arms. I stepped forward and hugged him. His hugs are always very warm and comfortable, so I enjoyed hugging him. My bus arrived in front of the bus stop, so I pulled out of the hug. Alex held my face in between his hands and kissed me on my forehead.

"I'll see you next time, Spring. Call me when you get home!" He said. I gave him a thumbs up and went on the bus. I went to the back and sat there. When I looked out of the window, I could see Alex, so I waved at him. He waved back and fake cried, which made me laugh. The bus drove off and I received a text.

"Don't forget to call me when you get home!!" He sent. 

I sent a text back: "I won't! Go to your grandparents now, before they start worrying about you!" 

I put music on and listened to it while looking outside. Surprisingly, I passed YG entertainment, which I've never noticed before. Well, maybe because I didn't know what it was until I looked it up on the internet after Hanbin mentioned it.. Outside of the building, I saw two or three fans. They were holding up banners and talking to each other. I didn't necessarily looked down on them, just weird that they would spent their day standing in front of a building, expecting their favorite idols to come out. I'vw never been one to fangirl, so of course I didn't know how it felt to like something so much that you wanted to dedicate your life to it. 

It was 9.15 when I got home. I decided to make something small to eat for dinner. I don't know why, but I wasn't super hungry and if I do get hungry while taking a walk, I could always stop by a 24-hour shop. 

I checked the fridge for ingredients. I quickly made some dinner, ate it and went upstairs. I took my shoes off and took my new sweaters out of my backpack. Just when I took the sweater out that Alex bought for me, I realized I forgot to call him.

"Alex! Sorry, I totally forgot to call you.. I got home and made dinner immediately, so I kinda forgot.." I said.

"It's okayy~ be careful when you go outside around this hour, okay? Call me when something happens," he said.

"I will! How's dinner at your grandparents'?" I asked.

"It's okay, but I'd much rather spent time with you," he said. I could imagine him pouting over the line. 

"Whatever~ I'm gonna change into some thicker clothes and leave, so I'll see you later!" I said and waited for him to say bye.

"Already? Hmm.. okay, text me when you get back home! Bye little angel!" He said and hung up before I could reply. I slightly cringed at the nickname 'angel'. I glanced at the clock and saw almost 2 hours passed since I got home. It was now almost eleven, so I quickly changed into one of my new sweaters and a pair of jeans, put my combat boots on and went downstairs. I made sure to lock all the doors, as usual, and left the house with some money, my phone (plus earphones) and the housekeys. I left this early so I could still walk around without having to rush to the park. 

"Woah, so peaceful," I mumbled to myself. I really hope it's gonna snow soon. The only thing I like in the winter is snow, especially when it snows around Christmas, how ideal would that be? And even though I'll probably have to celebrate Christmas on my own, I was still excited to put up a tree and decorate the house with Christmas decorations. I also like seeing the lights and decorations that they always hang up during Christmas. Malls, streets and houses are full with fairy-like lights, and I absolutely love it. I especially love seeing them at night, and since I take walks at night I'll definitely see them. 

"Why is it so cold today..." I mumbled to myself and shivered. I didn't have a scarf with me, it was only my coat and I. I dug my hands into my pocket and started jogging to warm myself up. I also had to buy new hot packs, because I gave away my others, but they're really cheap so I don't mind. 

While jogging, I spotted a group of guys. I didn't know how many there were, but there were a lot, maybe 8 or 9 of them. They were dancing and singing/rapping loudly, which I could hear over my music, but it looked so fun. I pulled one earbud out and paused my music, just to listen to them sing and watch them dance. I was stuck on my place, because I was so amazed at their dancing and singing/rapping. I unknowingly smiled at the scene happening a few metres away from me. 

One of them suddenly said something, which I heard: "Hey, there's a girl standing there." My eyes went wide when I heard it and I quickly turned around and speedwalked away. I was so embarrassed of myself. How could I let myself stare at a group of boys, only standing a few metres away from them.. Spring you're so dumb

"Yah! Stop! Please, I'm out of breath," a guy said, who was apparently following me. I hesitated to stop at first, because I didn't know these people, but they didn't seem like bad guys or anything and I felt sorry for the guy following me, so I eventually stopped. The guy finally caught up with me and stood in front of me. He was most definitely a head taller than me.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Junhwe. Why were you staring at us?" He asked. Wow, this guy is kinda straightforward, isn't he. 

"Nice to meet you too. I was just looking.. it looked like you all had a lot of fun dancing and singing so I stopped and watched," I said, "Sorry if I bothered you, I'll leave now." I bowed and turned around on my heel, walking away (again), but a hand grabbed my arm. 

"You can join, if you want to," he said, and let go of my arm when he realized that I stopped. I thought for a moment, but then nodded, "Sure, I guess." He walked ahead of me and led me to the group. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable, because.. well.. it's pretty awkward to be caught while you're looking at a group of boys dancing and singing. 

"Hyungs! I convinced the girl to join us," the guy shouted when we were a few feet away from the group. I'm not sure if I got his name right, Junhwe? Junhi? He didn't really seem to be careful with his words.. He's pretty straightforward.. not sure if it's a good thing or not.

"Ahh, really?" One of the other boys said. The Junhwe/Junhi guy nodded and stepped aside so the others saw me. 

"Uh, hi," I awkwardly said and slightly bowed, "I'm Spring, nice to meet you all.." When I told them my name, one of them, who was standing at the back, suddenly stepped forward. 

"Spring?" He said. He took another step forwards and tilted his head, "Oh, Spring! It's me, Hanbin," he said. I furrowed my brows and also tilted my head. 

"Oh! Hanbin, hey," I said and waved at him. He smiled and took a step back. 

"You know each other?" Another guy asked.

"Yeah, I met him yesterday when I was taking a walk," I answered and smiled. All the guys looked at me and then at Hanbin. 

"Yah!" They all said in unison, "Hanbin, don't you think you should tell us something?" Hanbin looked at me and back at the other guys. 

"There's nothing to tell.. I met her when I ran away yesterday and that's it.." 

"So that's why you came home at 4.30 in the morning?!" A very tiny guy asked. Hanbin nodded and shrugged. I started feeling more and more awkward, standing in the middle of a group of guys, but that awkwardness soon disappeared, because they all started introducing themselves. They walked up to me one by one and introduced themselves.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jinhwan and I'm the leader of this group," the very tiny guy said. He stuck his hand out, waiting for me to shake it. I shook his hand and smiled at him, "Nice to meet you too." Jinhwan seemed like a very nice guy and his face was really cute.

"Annyeong! I'm Bobby or Jiwon, it's up to you how to call me. Nice to meet you~"  He said and bowed. He flashed me a very cute eyesmile and shook my hand. "Nice to meet you too, Jiwon-sii," I said and smiled at him. Jiwon seemed very cute and nice too. His eyesmile was really cute. 

"Hey, I'm Yunhyeong! Nice to meet you, I hope our Hanbin was nice to you yesterday~" He said. He chuckled and shook my hand. "Nice to meet you too, and yeah, Hanbin was nice," I chuckled and smiled. He nodded and stepped back for another member to introduce himself. Another member came up and introduced himself. It went on like this until only 3 members were left.

"These three people are the new trainees I told you about. This is Hongseok, this is Jinhyeong and this is Chanwoo," Hanbin said and pointed at each of them, "Chanwoo is the youngest out of all of us," he said. I took a look at the three members and smiled at them, "Nice to meet you," I said and bowed. They bowed back and smiled. All these guys seemed very nice. After they asked me if I remembered all the names and told me to tell them who was who, they started dancing and singing again. I sat down on the grass, watching them. Hanbin suddenly stopped dancing and joined me on the grass.

"Why don't you join?" He asked.

"Oh, I can't dance.." I said and chuckled. 

"That's okay! Can you sing?" He asked. I really didn't want to tell him I could sing, or else he would ask me to sing a song or join them in singing, which I wasn't really sure of, because I'm not that confident about my singing. I just really enjoy singing on my own when no one can hear me. 

"I can see that you're hiding something by the look on your face," he chuckled and pulled his knees up, "It's okay if you don't want to sing for us."

"That's a relief," I let out a breath and smiled, "Is this the group you're in a survival program with?" I looked at the other members that were still dancing and singing their hearts out. 

"Yeah, we've grown pretty close over the past few weeks," he answered, "Are we still going to the park later on?" 

"Oh.. Uh, I thought you were gonna stay here with them. It's okay, we can meet up tomorrow," I said. I didn't plan on meeting him here and to meet his fellow members, so it was quite unexpected. 

"No no, we've been here for like 3 hours, so they're all leaving in a bit. We're still gonna go to the park, unless you don't want to," he said and turned his gaze from me to s. I can't believe they still had so much energy after doing this for 3 hours straight. I guess practicing everyday does affect your stamina pretty hard. 

"Sure~ can we stop by the 24-hour store later? I have to buy new hot packs and I want to buy some candy," I asked. 

"Oh, I can give the ones you gave me back," he said and put his hands in his pocket, looking for the hotpacks, but I stopped him.

"No, keep those. They're only a 50 cents each, so don't worry," I said and smiled at him. He nodded and took the hotpacks out of his pockets. He started playing with them and handed one to me when he saw I was shivering. I took it and thanked him. We sat there until all the other guys were too tired to continue dancing. They plopped down beside me and Hanbin on the grass and rested there for a bit. They told me stories about Mix&Match and told me to watch it. I promised them to watch it once I had time. 

"Bye Spring! It was nice hanging out with you," Donghyuk said and waved. I waved back and smiled. He has a very cute voice and his voice is so adorable. 

"Spring, steal Hanbin's phone and call us when he's mean to you!" Bobby joked and flashed me his cute eyesmile again. I laughed and nodded, "I will!" 

"Bye bye~ I hope to see you again!" Yunhyeong shouted and waved. 

"Byee~ I enjoyed your singing and dancing and I also hope to see you all again," I said and bowed at them. Meanwhile, Hanbin was standing one meter in front of me, surprised at how accepting his fellow members were of you. When I realized Hanbin was waiting for me, I waved one last time and caught up with him. 

"Your group is really nice," I said. I'm happy that they were that nice to me and I'm glad they didn't think I was a crazy fan acting like a normal girl to be their friend. I'm sure they had thoughts like that at the beginning, but I hope those all went away.. I honestly did not know about them and I've never been into celebrities.. I also don't like checking up on idols/celebrities every minute of my life. I once in a while check up on new album releases of people I like, and that's it. I only listen to music for the music and not for the people who sing or write it. I do admire them for having such a talent, but I don't like interfering into other's lifes. Why would you focus on some stranger's life, while you should focus on your own life and your studies, especially when your still a high school student. 

"Spring, you still listening?" I was brought back to reality again when he called my name. I turned my head sidewards and looked at him.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about something.." I said and looked back in front of me.

"It's okay. I was just telling that the members really like you too," he said, "They're usually not that open to new people." 

"That's good, I'm glad I didn't leave a bad impression on them," I said and smiled. We walked in silence for a minute or so, until I spoke up: "I hope I'm not getting into your privacy, but have you told your members? About your problems and stuff.."

"Yeah, I told them. They promised to help me more from now on," he said, "Thanks for the advice again," he said and patted me on my head. 

"Ahh, it's okay," I said and held his wrist to stop him from patting my head. Why does everyone always pat me on my head.. My hair is the only thing I'm confident about haha. 

"Stop pouting," Hanbin said and laughed, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing.. just thinking about random things," I said and glanced at him. His eyes were glistening because of the street lights and he was wearing his beanie on a pretty funny way. He wore it a little crooked, but it still looked good on him. 

"I wonder when my hard work is finally gonna be paid off.." He suddenly mumbled to himself. I don't think it was meant for me to be heard, but I have pretty good ears, so I heard every word. 

"Soon Hanbin. I'm a 100% sure that all of you will eventually achieve your dreams of standing on stage. I don't know when, but it will surely happen. Don't lose hope," I said and looked up at the sky, "All good things are hard to achieve, it only makes you stronger. Just remember that after rain comes sunshine. Most of the days in winter are dark and gloomy, but there's Spring afterwards, right? Steve Jobs once said 'It's worth it in the end, because once you get there, you can move mountains', and I'm sure you and your fellow members will be able to move mountains one day. You just have to believe in yourself and when you have trust in yourself, others will too."

Hanbin's POV

This whole time, when she was talking, I stared at her. She sounded so genuine and sincere, it somehow made my heart skip a beat. I don't know how she comes up with these things to say, but every sound that came out of sounded so angelic. I didn't know why I was so intrigued by her, because I've never had this with anyone.. As some people may know, I've been single for the past 18 years of my life and I've never experienced 'love'. I don't know what it was about her that pulled me in. Maybe her angelic voice, her kindness, her glistening eyes when she looked up at the sky.. I wonder why she hasn't told me anything about herself.. Such a beautiful mystery.. 

I wonder why our paths decided to collide.. 

Spring's POV

I stopped walking and turned my head towards Hanbin. I noticed that he was also looking at me, but I didn't turn away. I kept looking at his glistening eyes, but I eventually smiled and looked away. 

"Let's keep walking, it's kinda cold," I said and started walking. He got out of his daze and caught up with me.

"Thanks.. for being so nice and for encouraging me to keep following my dreams. It means a lot to me," he said.

"No need to thank me. Just don't lose hope and keep believing in yourself, you'll come really far if you do that," I said and smiled at him. 

"No wonder your name is Spring.." He mumbled while looking the other way. I smiled at his words.

"Thank you," I said. I probably caught him off guard, because his eyes went wide after I said that. I knew it wasn't meant for me to hear, but thanks to my good ears, I did. 

"Why did your parents call you Spring?" He asked. I thought a while before answering his questions. If I wanted to tell him the meaning behind my name, I had to tell him everything about me.. I reconsidered it, but at the end, I decided to just tell him. It's not like he could do anything with this information.

"You really want to hear it?" I asked. He nodded and waited for me to continue. "Okay, well.. My parents have been addicted to gambling for as long as I can remember and when I was born, they wanted to give me a name that would have a big meaning behind it. They named me Spring, meaning change. They hoped that I would bring them more happiness and luck. You know how people are happier during Spring? Yeah, that's what they hoped for. They hoped I would somehow be their reason to stop gambling and bring them more luck and happiness. Spring moves from lifelessness to life, Spring means brighter days, Spring means a new beginning. That's all that they hoped for. After 11 years of having me, nothing really changed and they even had more problems added up to the problems they already had, so they eventually begged my aunt and uncle to take care of me, because they couldn't do that with the amount of debts and problems they had. They had to give me up because they really couldn't take care of me anymore. Sometimes you have to give the things that are most important to you, and that's what they did. That's all my aunt has told me. Not sure if it's true,  but I believe her.. I'm sure it's been hard on my aunt and uncle as well, but I'm trying to help out as much as possible. They don't have any children, so it must've been hard to raise me." I looked to my side and saw Hanbin just staring at me. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it shortly after.

"You can say something if you want to, I'm okay," I said and smiled at him.

He stopped walking and turned his whole body to me, "I'm sorry you had to go through that at such a young age," he said and suddenly pulled me in a hug. I put my arms around him and smiled.

"It's okay, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to," I said. He put head on top of mine and my hair. 

"I really don't understand how you're still so positive about everything, you're really strong Spring," he said, "I'll always remember the encouraging words you told me. I hope you're also on your way of succeeding your own dreams, whatever they are." 

"It took me a while to accept everything, but I'm okay now. Just think of all the hardships you went through as a obstacle in life that only makes you stronger if you surpass it," I said and held onto his sweater. He was wearing warmer clothes than he was yesterday, a thick knitted sweater, a coat and a pair of jeans. His hug was really warm and I didn't feel awkward hugging him. The only person I usually hug is Alex, every other hug just felt awkward, but this one didn't, not at all. Although his hug was very warm, the weather was still cold, so I shivered. 

"Are you cold?" He suddenly asked. He let go of the hug and put both his hands on my cheeks, "You're freezing." 

"A little, but it's not that bad," I said and smiled. 

"Give me your hand," he said, putting his hand out and waited for me to give him my hand. I was confused why he wanted me to do that. I didn't expect him to do anything weird so I stuck my hand out. He took my hand and held it. He started walking, holding my hand and I suddenly felt very warm inside. My face was probably flushed red, but I was saved by the night. There weren't any street lights where we walking right now, so he couldn't see my face. We continued walking in silence. I didn't dare to say anything, and I think he was just enjoying the view. We were nearing my favorite park. There were Christmas lights everywhere and even a huge Christmas tree in the middle of the park. I wondered why, though, because no one ever visits this park.. Wouldn't it be better if they put this tree up somewhere in a park with a lot of people? 

"Woah.." Hanbin said and looked around when we were standing in the middle of the park. He still hasn't let go of my hand. At the other side of the park, I saw two swings. I got excited and let go of his hand, jogging towards the set of swings. I sat on one of them, but didn't move. I looked at the tree in the middle of the park and looked at the peak on top of the tree. It was a golden star, which was also lighting up. 

"It's so pretty.." I mumbled to myself. I got startled when someone joined me on the other swing. I looked to my side and saw it was Hanbin and let out a sigh of relief. I took my phone out and snapped some pictures of the tree and the park itself. Because of the lights, my picture came out really pretty. 

"Wanna take a selca?" He asked. I groaned and shook my head. 

"Ahh why," he whined. He stood up, held his hand out and waited for me to put my hand in his, "Please?" I gave in and stood up, putting my hand in his and standing up. He took his own phone out and we walked to a spot where we could take a picture with the tree. We stopped a few meters away from the tree and Hanbin put his phone up. He snapped a few pictures before letting go of my hand. He put his arm around my shoulders and snapped some more pictures. I only smiled on the first few pictures, but pulled silly faces on the others, which Hanbin probably didn't notice. When he finished taking pictures, we sat down on the bench nearby and looked through the pictures.

"Yaah, Spring. You're not even laughing on these," he pouted and pointed at the picture where I was crossing my eyes and sticking my tongue out. "Well, doesn't really matter. You still look cute." 

"Thanks, you look really handsome in all of the pictures," I said. He stopped looking through the pictures and looked at me. 

"Really? Thanks~" He said and ruffled my hair. I glared at him and took his beanie off. What surprised me was his hair. It looked.. let's just say it looked weird. I laughed at his hair and put the beanie on myself. 

"Spring, my hair doesn't look good, please give it back," he pouted and pointed at the beanie. I continued laughing and didn't answer him. "Stop laughing," he whined and covered his hair with his hands. I ruffled his hair and smiled. I don't know how he does it, but he makes me really happy. I've literally known him for two days, so I don't know how he does this.. 

"Never mind then.. I'll just stay ugly like this," he said and pinched my cheek, "And it's dark, so you're the only one that can see my hair."

"You don't look ugly, just a bit funny," I said and laughed. I took his beanie off and put it on his head again, "You look good again."

We spent the rest of the night joking around and talking about our lives. I felt sad when we had to part ways. He had to go back to his dorm and I had to go back to my house, but he insisted on taking me home, so we were now walking towards my house. 

"I'll remember these streets so I can come and visit you  whenever I want to," he said and looked down at our hands. Yes, we were holding hands again, just pure for warmth (sure..). My house wasn't that far away from the park, so we arrived in only a few minutes.

"Thanks for walking me home, Hanbin," I said and let his hand go. He pulled me in a warm and big hug again, and we stood there for another 5 minutes without saying anything. And again, I was the one to let go of the hug. 

"I think you have to go.. Didn't you tell me earlier that you had another day of filming tomorrow?" 

"Yeah.. okay, I'll go. I'll sent you a message when I get home, okay?" He said. Yeah, we exchanged numbers. He gave me another quick hug, let go and held my face inbetween his hands. He gave me a quick kiss on the forehead, "Good night, Spring. See you next time," he said and walked away, but backwards. He waved at me and I waved back. I entered the house and waited for him to be out of sight until closing the door. When I closed the door, I held my chest and could feel it beating super fast. What was that.. Oh my god..