Chapter 2

Our chance at happiness

Chapter 2

 

After this incident, both were on speaking terms but it was obvious to anyone how thick the tension was between them. Clearly, something had changed. Jiyeon had grown quieter, and avoided Eunjung like the plague. Their interactions were rarely genuine, and always uncomfortable.

Jiyeon always managed to stay next to Hyomin or Boram during interview or events, and always found an excuse to leave everytime Eunjung and her happened to be alone in the same room. The other members knew better than to ask questions, but the obvious discord between those two was starting to take its toll on everyone.

Despite all this, Eunjung was willing to give her sweet maknae some space. She needed time to digest the information, and it was only fair to let her come to terms with this on her own.

She knew Jiyeon. Though she appeared strong and tough to anyone, like she could handle every difficulty without batting an eye, she was still a big baby. Like a young woman with her history of scandals and critics, she had doubts and self-confidence issues. She didn't trust easily. However, Eunjung knew she was one of the few people Jiyeon really trusted 100%.

She was sure the maknae wouldn’t stay mad at her forever, and that they would eventually sort things out. Two weeks later though, when Jiyeon announced she had a boyfriend, Eunjung had to face reality. Her relationship with Jiyeon was beyond repair. Even if they started talking like before, Eunjung knew she could never accept seeing her with someone else. She just loved her so much. Too much to endure this. Maybe it was selfish, but she would rather leave the group than let jealousy and bitterness consume her.

 

Well, Eunjung thought, it’s all behind us now. It’s been years. I’m sure she’s over this... And so should you, Ham Eunjung.

 

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a male voice resounding from the hallway.

“Miss Eunjung, your guests’ car has arrived,” said Mark, the housekeeper.

“Thanks Mark. I’ll go greet them. You can take the rest of the day off, I’ve got everything covered.”

“Thank you miss, and enjoy the afternoon,” he nodded politely before leaving the room.

 

Breathing deeply to keep her heartbeat under control, Eunjung quickly rushed to open the main door and practically ran in glee when she spotted her unnies already getting off the mini-van.

 

“Yah, what took you so long?” she yelled excitedly and opened her arms towards her surprised friends who all turned to her in excitement.

 

“Yah! Ham Baegku ottoke?” Boram screamed and jumped headfirst into Eunjung’s embrace.

“Rambo! I can’t believe it, every time I see you, you look even younger. Do you have the Benjamin Button syndrome ahaha?!” Eunjung replied while pinching the older girl’s cute cheeks.

“Eunjung-ah, so pretty! Give me a hug, too!” Qri yelled, throwing her arms around Eunjung’s neck, trapping poor Boram between them two in the process, while Hyomin, who was already crying her eyes out, was trying to hold them all by the shoulders.

“Yah, let me go, I’m just an innocent kid!” Boram’s protests were ignored, and soon Soyeon joined the group hug, once again crushing the small girl in the middle. After some time, they broke the hug.

“Soyeon-omma, where’s the baby? I want to see him!” Eunjung asked playfully while looking around as if looking for the baby in question.

“Ah don’t start! He and his dad are having their boys-only holiday without omma. It’s the first time in a year and a half that I get to enjoy a week of adult fun! So, I hope you have enough alcohol to get me going because I’m planning to go wild whoohooo!” she started dancing stupidly, grabbing Boram’s shoulders and shaking her like a rag doll.

“Yeah, yeah, you big drinker. You get all dizzy by even smelling disinfectant, so I'm guessing it won't take much to make you ‘go wild’!” Eunjung replied jokingly while attempting to rescue poor Boram from Soyeon’s jig.

 

When Eunjung finally turned around, she was faced with the last person she hadn’t greeted yet. Jiyeon was standing expectantly next to the van, a relatively small bag flung over her shoulder. She was even more beautiful than she remembered. Her hair had grown; her posture was confident, more feminine, and those curves showed that Park Jiyeon was indeed every bit a woman now. God, don’t start, really... Eunjung slapped herself mentally.

Despite this maturity though, Jiyeon still held that fresh and boyish aura that made her so unique. Eunjung ran her hand through her hair and smiled awkwardly, unsure of how to greet her.

“Aish, what is it? What do I have to do to get a hug?”

When the older girl saw the playful glint in these beautiful, wide eyes, she felt all the stress and doubt leave her. She rushed forward, her arms wrapping around Jiyeon's waist. Instantly a feeling of utter blissfulness washed over her. She had waited for this moment for two whole years, and she was finally holding her beloved Jiyeon in her arms. And it felt like heaven.

Jiyeon’s scent, the way her supple yet slim body fit perfectly in her arms... The softness of her hair under Eunjung’s fingertips... The slight touch of her lips against her neck, moist and warm, comforting and arousing... Everything was so perfect that Eunjung didn’t want to let go. Ever. But she knew she had to. Because this wasn’t real. Jiyeon wasn’t hers, and she would never be.

Reluctantly, the former leader broke the hug, but before they were fully separated, Jiyeon leaned close to her hear and murmured  “Paboya... I missed you.”

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new, shorter update for you guys! I hope you like it^^ Thanks so much for the great interest you showed in my story, this is really rewarding! I'm not promising I'll update daily, but I'll try not to space my updates too much. I already have the outline of the story planned, but I might just change direction, depending on my inspiration.

Thank you all again for your support!