Chapter 2

Only you

~ You got into your apartment in a hurry. “Eunbi! Eunbi!”, you shouted. Eunbi appeared from your bedroom looking awkwardly at you. “I've met the cutest guy ever”, you said unable to hide the excitement in your voice. ~

“And who's that cute guy?”, she asked and let out a sigh knowing you were so inclined to fall in love easily.

“Well, his name is Chanyeol, he lives upstairs and he has the most beautiful smile!”, you replied all excited.

“Is that all you know about him?”, Eunbi asked.

“I just talk to him for 2 minutes”, you said. You know you didn't know him yet but you just had a good feeling about him. Eunbi wasn't helping at all.

“Then we should go upstairs and meet him casually, just pretending we pass through”, Eunbi giggled.

“We're not doing that”, you almot yelled, your face turned red. Although you kid yourself a lot about boys, Eunbi always cheers you up since she wants you to be happy so bad.

Next morning you and Eunbi decided to go for a walk to know the neighborhood since college didn't start until next day and hoping to meet Chanyeol. You walked around until lunch time, your mission of meeting Chanyeol totally failed. You then headed to your job. You were quite nervous since it was your first day but you got relaxed soon. Your coworkers were so nice at you, they helped you and taught you all basic things. The coffee shop was about to close and you just took the last order.

“What would you like, sir?”, you asked politely before rising your head toward the customer. 

“Chanyeol”, you exclaimed, a big smile spreading through your face.

“Hey (Y/N)! Didn't know you work here”, he said.

“Actually I wanted to meet you...”, he began but you could notice that he was a bit nervous. He touched the back of his head before continuing.

“I'm going to a new restaurant tonight with my cousin and I thought maybe you would like to come with us... You can bring a friend if you want”, he hurried to say.

“Sure!”, you answered immediately. Chanyeol smiled openly and waited until you finished your shift. You walked together to your building, talking comfortably and getting to know each other better in those few minutes. You agreed to meet at 8 in the entrance door. When you went into your apartment, you looked for your friend.

“Eunbi, we need to hurry. I have to shower off and choose the perfect outfit”, you said to her opening your wardrobe.

“What for?”, your friend asked confused.

“We're meeting Chanyeol for dinner”, your eyes still scanning your wardrobe looking for something to wear.

“We? Why we both?I want to know him but you should meet him alone. Or are you scared?”, Eunbi asked curious. “It's not anything like that. He's just bringing his cousin”, you replied indecisive between two dresses. “No way! I'm not going to a double date.”

One hour later you were both waiting in the entrance. You could convince Eunbi and opted for jeans and a plain t-shirt, not wanting to look like you care a lot. Just a few moments later Chanyeol and his cousin arrived.

“Hey, this is Eunbi”, you introduced your friend.

“This is my cousin Kai.” Wow he was attractive for certain.

You arrived to the restaurant and sat, you in front of Chanyeol and Eunbi in front of Kai. Time was going by fast, you talked animatedly with Chanyeol just glancing from time to time to Kai who was quiet the most of the time. You couldn't help but stare at him when Chanyeol wasn't looking. He was really handsome, his body was beyond perfection and his manners elegant. Eunbi was trying strongly to strike up a conversation with him. You could see the glare in her eyes, she definitely liked Kai. You learnt a few things about Chanyeol like he was a complete music lover.

“Do you like music?”, Chanyeol asked you.

“Sure, who doesn't? I don't play any instrument unlike you but I really love to dance”, you stated proudly. You could noticed how Kai suddenly looked intensely at you.

“Really? Kai loves to dance too”, Chanyeol said excited. You glanced at Kai, he smiled. His smile was so sweet and cute yet manly.

“He even has a group and is always in the dance studio practising”, Chanyeol continued talking so proudly about his cousin.

“Oh but I don't dance professionally or anything, I just like it”, you said.

“Anyway, you can come by someday, more girls would suit us well”, Kai told you. You both started to talk about dancing and music. The movement of his lips was just so hypnotic. You were lost into his eyes until you noticed Eunbi's staring. You quickly looked away embarrassed and began to talk with Chanyeol again.

After dinner you walk together to your building since next day you and Eunbi would start college and didn't want to stay up late. Already at home, Eunbi couldn't stifle any longer and asked.

“Do you like Kai?” The question caught you by surprise. You didn't know yet if you liked Kai but something was sure, he really attracted you. Eunbi was so clearly eager to know your answer and you didn't want to hurt her feelings that you couldn't be totally true to her.

“Well, I don't know him yet so I can't say... I guess... I guess not”, you finally said.

“Fine, because I really like him”, Eunbi just replied before going to bed without even looking at you.

You remained there for a while. Was it like a kind of threat? That couldn't be possible, you had never fought for a boy before.