Chapter 6

Only you

You woke up when the first sun rays were shining in the horizon. Kai was already awake, a sweet smile painted in his face.

“Did you sleep well?”, he asked as he kissed your nose softly.

“Uh-huh”, you murmured. Cuddling with Kai, feeling his touch was the most delightful thing you could ever imagine. It was so peaceful until Chanyeol crossed your mind.

“Would be things different if I had known you first?”, you asked.

“Maybe, but I met you before”, Kai replied. You looked at him, confused.

“I saw you the day you moved. You were too busy to see me but I definitely saw you”, he said with a smile.

“When Chanyeol said that he met a new girl in the building I knew it was you and I almost begged him to ask you to meet with us for dinner.

“Why didn’t you ask me?”

“I don’t know, I felt shy. Chanyeol is more extroverted than me. It should have been me the one to ask”, he murmured. You stayed like that for a while, until Kai stood up and looked for his pants. He leaned towards you and kissed you lovingly.

“Stay here, I’ll make breakfast.” You nodded and your look followed Kai as he left. You decided to stay in the same position, where Kai smell still remained. Then you heard a door opened and someone’s steps.

“Hyung”, you could hear Kai saying, his voice filled with surprise.

“I thought you wouldn’t come ‘till tomorrow.” “I decided to come earlier”, you heard

Chanyeol’s voice. Suddenly, you panicked. Chanyeol was there, he could see you.

“Two cups?”, Chanyeol asked.

“Yes… I’m with someone…”, Kai replied dubious. You couldn’t hear the rest of the conversation, your mind was thinking in all the ways to get out of the house without Chanyeol seeing you. You rushed to stand up and take your clothes as Kai opened the door carefully and slid inside. You remained in silence for a while until you heard Chanyeol got into the shower and took the opportunity to leave.

“I’ll call you later, ok?”, Kai said from the door as he kissed you quickly.

A few hours later your phone rang. You picked up fast, thinking it was Kai.

“Y/N?”, it was Chanyeol from the other end of the line.

“Can we meet?”, he asked. His voice was flat, no feeling in it.

You planned to meet 30 minutes later at the coffee shop you worked in. When you arrived, Chanyeol was already sat in the table of the corner. You approached hesitantly and took the sit in front of him. You didn’t know why he asked you to meet. Maybe he knew something or he just wanted to see you after his trip, but you were determined to break up with him.

“Chanyeol…”, you began.

“Don’t bother”, he cut you off.

“I guess we both know why we’re here”, he kept silent for a moment until he spoke again.

“I knew something was happening so I came earlier. It was weird to find Kai with someone, he usually don’t bring any girl home. Then I saw this…”, he said as he handled you a bracelet. It was yours, it surely fell last night.

“I’m sorry”, it was the only thing you could say.

“Save it”, Chanyeol said bitterly.

“Chanyeol please... Let me explain”, you were trying desperately to talk but he cut you off again.

“I don’t want to hear anything from you. I already know. I hope not to see you again”, he said as he stood up to leave.

You arrived home crestfallen. It wasn’t because you broke up with Chanyeol, it was because he was a good friend to you and you cheated on him. Losing his friendship was hard, but it was the only way to stay with Kai.

“Are you ok?”, Eunbi asked. “I broke up with Chanyeol”, you simply said.

“I’m sorry”, Eunbi said nervous.

“It’s fine. I understand, I did something terrible to him. But it still hurts to lose a friend, he won’t talk to me again”, you looked at Eunbi.

“Eunbi… you know that I love Kai…”, you began. Suddenly, tears began to run through Eunbi’s face.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you liked him that way. I was jealous. I know something was going on between you both and I… I… I called Chanyeol”, he confessed. You felt betrayed at her words, but who were you to blame her? You yourself betrayed Chanyeol. No, you couldn’t blame her. He liked Kai and you knew you would have done anything for him.

“It’s ok. It’s not your fault”, you said as you hugged her.

You spent the rest of the day with Eunbi, she was feeling better now and you could feel comfortable with her again after so much time. She was starting to be the old Eunbi again. She went to bed early and you stayed awake, waiting for Kai’s call. He didn’t make you wait longer.  

“Hey beautiful”, you heard Kai’s voice as you picked up the phone.

“Sorry for not calling you earlier… something happened”, Kai said.

“What happened?”, you asked worried.

“Don’t worry baby, I just talk to Chanyeol and… I decided to move. I’ve found an apartment nor far from yours”, he said. You felt a pinch of pain. Kai had to move because of you. He surely fought with Chanyeol, his own family, for you.

“I’m sorry”, you said, your tears threatening to fall.

“Please, don’t be sad. This nobody’s fault. Things just turned out this way. I don’t regret it. I love you so much”, Kai said. You could feel his love at his words; his warm voice was so comforting.

“I love you too”, you couldn’t contain your happiness. You talked for hours; you didn’t realize you fell asleep by the phone until you woke up next morning. You smiled. He wasn’t just a crush, you loved him and he loved you back. No matter what you have been through or what will happen next, it was worth it.