❝ Choices┊ Hanbin oneshot

❝Winter rose┊Oneshot request ❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In an underground parking two people were talking.
One of them was a man, grey hair and an imposing appearance, while the other one was a girl dressed in black.

"How much?" Said the man while adjusting his glasses.

"Let's start with one million, the rest after the work."

The man gulped but still nodded. "How can I be sure you will do it?"

She smirked. "The person who told you my contact probably told you that I never fail, right?"

"Yes, but I need to be sure!"

"I'll tell you one more time then. I never fail."

The man sighed and handed her a briefcase, frowning slightly. "We have a deal."

In another part of the city, almost at the same time, a boy was walking around with his friends.

"You totally need to come! We are going to make this party an hit!"

"I don't know, my father is a pain in the when it comes to letting me go to a party."

His friend rolled his eyes and huffed. "Come on, Hanbin! You know that you won't be young forever! We need to do these things now!" 

"You think I don't want to go?! I'm always at home! And anyway, you know too well that the last time I went out without saying anything my father sent twelve bodyguards around to search me!"

The other boy laughed out loud. "That was funny! The face of the people in the pub was totally the best!"

"Funny for you, I wanted to crawl in a hole and never come out."

"You think too much about everything, just relax!"

Hanbin shook his head.
Every time he thought about doing something stupid, something everyone at his age would do, the result was the same.
The truth was that he really wanted to live as a normal teenager and go out with his friends, and even if the thought of sneak out seemed appealing the outcome would probably just be disastrous.

"I got it, I got it. I won't ask you again, just call me if you want to come."

"Yeah, sure."

Two hours later Hanbin was in his room, walking around and thinking if he should or not go out.
His plan was good and the security would take a moment before finding him, but there was something telling him to just stay home.
After another hour of thinking he put on his jacket and went out, praying that at least for tonight his father would let him have a bit of fun.
Them moment he opened the door of the building he collided with a girl, making her land on the ground.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry!" He said, holding out an hand for her.

"No problem, I was looking around and I didn't saw you." 

Hanbin stood frozen for a moment.
The girl in front of him was really beautiful, as if someone searched in his brain for his ideal type.

"I– Uhm– Hi."

She grinned and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Hi."

"You– Hi!"

"I think you said that already."

Hanbin cleared his throat with a flustered face. "Right. Are you the one who is moving in the apartment on the second floor?"

"Yes, my name is Melissa."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Hanbin!"

Melissa nodded with a smile.
Her target was right in front of her, meaning that with a single move she could finish her duty and go back home, but that wasn't her her way of working.
Yes, in a minute she already found at least five way of killing him, but until she understood the reason behind her customer's request she would wait and investigate.
That was the only thing helping her take the burden of all those lives on her shoulders.

"So, Hanbin, see you soon!" And with that she walked off.

Hanbin was still in a daze, and his mind quickly forgot about the party and everything else.

In the next days the two of them met often, sometimes when he went to school, sometimes when his friends called him and so on.
Strangely, Melissa was always heading out at the same time and that made the meeting really awkward.
At least for Hanbin, who was now used at stuttering things without meaning, and run away quickly after.
Melissa, on the other hand, was only dubtful.
Her investigation just brought to a man who worked hard to make his life better and his son, a perfectly normal boy with a perfectly normal life.
She was staring to question her choice of taking the request.
Moreover, why would his client ask her to kill the son, and not the father? That was more understandable, since it could be business.

"I need to search more." She said while watching her taget walk in the street, coming home from school.

She took her bag and flew out of the door, obviously meeting Hanbin in the hallway.

"Oh, hey Melissa!"

Melissa smiled and waved at him. Wow, this time he managed to talk normally.
She waited until he was two steps behind her before turning and speaking to him.

"Hanbin!"

He was already looking at her and that made the situation pretty amusing. "Y– Yes?"

"I'm going to the convenience store, would you like to come with me? It would be really helpful, I don't think I can carry all those bags."

This was a total lie, she could carry everything without problem, but the need to understand was indispensable.

"Y– Yeah, sure!"

When they returned from the store, Hanbin was much more relaxed. 
He noticed that talking with Melissa wasn't as difficult as he thought, in fact she was pretty the talkative type.
She asked him about school, about his family and about what he wanted to do after graduating, and the good thing was that she looked really interestend in his answers.

"Well, your father seems like agood person, he just wants you to be safe." She said while nodding her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter