❝ Closer┊ Hanbin oneshot

❝Winter rose┊Oneshot request ❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was finally the day of the match, so Myungeun was already preparing herself to beat her opponents.

It was almost a matter of life or death for her, thinking about that team of stupids boys who played just to look good for the girls' eyes.
She clenched her hands and started to walk around the room, the thought of the five main players making room in her head.
Never once in her life she wanted something so much, and she was ready to give her best to make her team win.
At the same time, in front of the school, Hanbin was patiently waiting for his bestfriend and, like Myungeun, he was thinking about the match.
It was important for him just like it was for her and, unlike Myungeun thought, he wasn't playing to make himself look good.
Probably there wasn't a thing less essential for him than the girls' appovation.

"Hanbin! What are you doing staring at the wall? It's not going to move, you know?"

He turned around and saw Jinhwan grinning at him. "I know, I was just waiting for you."

"And you wait with the face rested there? Well, good for you."

"I'm just thinking about the game, it's not going to be simple."

Jinhwan nodded. "That's true, and I think Myungeun is already running around to warm up."

"You know that she's not in her right mind, uh? I don't even know why she's so competitive— no wait that wouldn't be a problem, the worst thing is that she takes everything on a personal level! I totally hate her temperament!"

His friend smirked and rested his hand on his hip. "Are you sure we are talking about the same Myungeun? Because the last time we talked about her you weren't saying the same thing!"

Hanbin went red and looked at his shoes. "That's not true, you're making this one up!"

"Sure, sure. I remember something about how you like her hair, and how she looked focused when she played on that match in particular—"

He pinched his nose and glared at Jinhwan. "Shut up."

"But you can always put up that facade, you know, I won't tell your little secret at all!"

"Secret? You aren't talking about foul play, right?"

The boys turned around and in front of them stood Myungeun, looking a little bit mad.

Hanbin made a face at her and nodded. "Yeah, like we need to do that to win! Keep walking, shorty."

She could feel the anger grow and shoved him away. "The last time this shorty won, right? So don't be too full of yourself." 

And with that she walked away. 
Hanbin turned to Jinhwan with an irritated face and pointed at the girl who was already in front of the school door.

"You saw that? She is the one full of herself!"

The other boy grinned and shook his head. "You can't tell a girl something about her height without having something in return, with Myungeun is just on another level."

Because that was the main insecurity of Myungeun. 
Being not really tall made everything harder, she needed to exercise more to reach the same level of other players, and since she wanted to be better than average she did everything and a bit more to get results.

The truth was that the two of them used to play together, but when the school formed two different teams, one for boys and one for the girls, they started to distance themselves.
Hanbin wasn't happy about that, but being himself a really competitive person he didn't stop her and played along with her new behavior, obviously meaning that putting aside his feelings he would give her the same treatment that she reserved for him.

"You will find out that hiding your feelings will just give her a reason to be distant from you."

Hanbin looked at Jinhwan and shrugged. "If that's how she acts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter