SEVEN

Aurora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SEVEN

 

I slammed my locker door shut as the noisy bell rang throughout the hallway, signaling the end to another school day. I pushed in my earphones and Beyonce's heavenly voice blared into my ears. I tossed my backpack over my shoulder and pulled out my phone, checking my social media apps as I made my way out to the entrance.

 

After four years of walking down the same halls everyday after school to the back parking lot, I was positive that I was able to do it with my eyes shut. The school wasn't big enough that it would be horribly crowded either. Most people tend to move out of my way.

 

As I checked my Facebook notifications and hummed along to Partition, I extended one arm forward, ready to push the door entrance. I was expecting to feel the hard, cold, metal door but instead I collided into a sturdy and warm wall.

 

“Oh , I'm so sorry.” I said immediately, pulling my earphones out and looked up, ready to apologize further.

 

“Where are you going, Sora?” Joonmyeon looked at me curiously, an amused smile tugging on the ends of his pink lips.

 

“Home?” I stared back at him incredulously, “Why are you always showing up in front of me? Do you have nothing better to do than to follow me around?”

 

“I just can't get enough of you.” He grinned, pushing my forehead with his index finger. Ouch.


I rubbed the spot he pushed and pouted. “Go away.”

 

“Aw, you're so cute Sora. Stop pouting, I might just have to kiss you.” He squeezed my cheek and leaned in, teasing me.

 

I slapped his hand away and frowned. “Go away.” I repeated, leaning away from his advances.

 

He lifted an eyebrow and shrugged. “Okay, if you really want me to. But I don't see how else you are going to get home.”

 

I rolled my eyes automatically. “I have a ca---.”

 

“Damn.” I muttered, realizing he had drove me to school and would be my only ride home unless I wanted to walk a few miles home.

 

“Silly.” He grabbed my hand and clasped it into his. “Let's go.” He turned me around and pulled me in the opposite direction.

 

“Where are we going?” I sighed.


“Sora, are you okay?” He stopped and put his large hands onto my tiny shoulders. “Should I be worried? Your memory seems to be failing you. Did you not remember we parked in the parking lot in front of the school?” His eyes raked over my face, concern plastered all over his expression.

 

“Right...” I trailed off. “I'm just a little tired.” My face began to burn up in embarrassment.

 

“Oh?” His worried expression immediately melted off. A smug smile replaced his frown. “Staying up too late thinking about me, huh? Wow. I'm flattered.”

 

“What?” My jaw dropped. “Are you kidding---”

 

“No need to explain yourself.” He pressed a finger to my lips, shutting me up. I glanced downward at his finger, tempted to bite it. Before I could weigh the consequences of doing so, his hand slipped down and laced themselves into mine again and he pulled me away before I could even get out a word.

 

I really need to start thinking faster.

 

I can't keep up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“If you knew that you were going to drive me home today, why in the world did you have to coerce me into eating dinner with you in front of everyone in my homeroom? You could have asked me later and I probably would have said yes out of hunger.” I put on my seat-belt as he started the car. “So so embarrassing.”

 

“Why else would I have done it?” He asked as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. “You have really fun expressions. That's why I like to mess with you. It's really priceless.” He slid on his sunglasses and smiled, checking his mirrors.

 

“You . I hate you.” I stuck out my tongue childishly.

 

“Really? That's hard to believe as your defensive behavior this morning at Pete's says otherwise.” Joonmyeon teased, pulling out of the parking spot.

 

“Yeah, whatever.” I sighed, giving up.

 

“Are you hanging around at my house and then we're going out to dinner or...?”

 

“If you wanted me to come over, you could have just asked. Don't need to be a shy and coy.”

 

“Oh my god, you are impossible.” I groaned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So are you coming in or not?” I opened the car door and stuck one leg out. We had reached my house after a silent ride. Me sulking and Joonmyeon smirking.

 

“Nah. I have to do something. There is something I have to take care of for my parents.” Joonmyeon said. “Plus, I can't be around too much you know. Then you'll get tired of me. What would I do then?”

 

“How are you sure I'm not already?” I muttered to myself as I got out of the car and shut the door.

 

“Bye.” I waved, leaning down to peak through the window.

 

“See you in a bit Sora. Don't eat anything, okay?” Joonmyeon shot me his signature salute and grin. I straightened up and watched his car roll away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Nice car, your friend has there.” A deep voice said as I walked through the door. I jumped up in alarm, my eyes looking for the source. I had not expected anyone to be home. The person whistled. “Mercedez Benz? Ouch, I need mom and dad to get me one of those.”

 

“Oh my god, you scared me!” I gasped, glaring at the figure staring out of the window. “And shut up, you have an Audi.”

 

“Who is he? I didn't think you had any other contact with the male species aside from Kai. Nice kid.” Mason crossed his arms and asked, looking at me for the first time.

 

“Just a friend.” I dropped my backpack and skipped over. “Why are you home?” I smiled and wrapped my arms around my older brother tightly.

 

“Midterms are over and I got bored.” Mason shrugged, wrapping his arms around me, tucking my head under his chin. Times like this really made me realize how tall he was, or how short I was.

 

“Missed you, Mason.” I mumbled into his shirt, shocked by how true my words actually were.

 

“Aw, missed you too, baby sis. But not as much as mom's cooking.” He pulled away. “What's for dinner tonight.”

 

I shrugged. “I don't know. I'm going out for dinner tonight.”

 

Mason lifted an eyebrow as he looked at me suspiciously. “With who? The rich boy?” I rolled my eyes as his protectively older brother instincts began to kick in.

 

“Yes. And his name is Joonmyeon, okay?”

 

“What are his grades like? Is he nice? What do his parents do? What are his intentions? Are the pure and holy?” Mason fired, bombarding me with questions.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter