FOUR

Aurora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FOUR

 

“Oh my god, what?” Lena screamed as she shook my shoulders violently. I whimpered as I pulled away, shooting her a frown.

 

“How are you going to come over to my house randomly and tell me that you went on a date with Joonmyeon and he kissed you and not expect me to freak out? How are you going to do this to me? You did not prepare me for this, at all. You can not drop a bomb like that on me ever ever again! Even the Americans warned the Japanese before dropping a freaking ATOMIC BOMB on them!” She stood up and paced the room. (It was here when I realized that her decision to become a drama major in college, was not a stupid one.)

 

“Sorry, I didn't even think anything important was going to happen...I didn't think it was going to be a date so I didn't tell you earlier...” I lied.


“Oh please, I knew there was something up with you the moment you showed up to Calculus all scatter-brained and late. I just wanted to give you space and hope that you would tell me yourself.” Lena pouted childishly.

 

“Well-”

 

“Do you like him?” She demanded, jumping back down onto the bed in front of me. Her eyes glittered as she stared into my soul, causing me to cringe uncomfortably.

 

“I don't know.” I answered honestly, “I think it's too early to tell. We don't really know each other that much and it's not like we've hung out that much either.”

 

“I think he's a good guy, Sora.” Lena blinked. “He seems really nice. Plus he's super rich and good looking. Ugh! What I would do for a car like his. Those rims!”

 

“Yeah but he's so weird, like I never know what he's thinking. He's just unpredictable and kinda goofy. What if he's just playing me? Making his senior year go by faster? I mean of all people he could have approached, why me?”

 

“Have some more faith in yourself, Sora.” Lena reached over to push my forehead. “Despite what you may think, you are really pretty and have a good personality.”

 

“Then why haven't I gotten a boyfriend before?” I mumbled.

 

Lena rolled her eyes, “Stupid question. We all know you have high standards and honestly you kinda have this intimidating face when you're not smiling. You're not that approachable. Guys think you're scary. That's why you better steal this Joonmyeon away before some other girl does, he's the only one with balls. Plus he's not so hard to look at, if you know what I mean.” She winked and I rolled my eyes.

 

“See, you think he's confident. That must be because he is a player and does this all the time.”

 

“Stop over thinking things. It's only high school, and your last year at that. Who cares if things don't work out? It's not like you're going to be stuck seeing him everyday for the rest of your life. Have a little fun Sora, you really need it.”

 

“Says the one who is also single.” I teased, earning me a hard smack to the shoulder.


“I'm just waiting for Byun Baekhyun to dump his girlfriend and realize that I'm the one for him.” She sighed dreamily, “What's so good about dating an man stealer?”

 

I laughed as I shook my head at my silly best friend.

 

But she's absolutely right. I play things way too safe. What's the harm of letting some stranger in? As long as I don't fall too deep, this may be a good thing for me.

 

Joonmyeon didn't seem like that bad of a guy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“And here is your assignment for the rest of the class period.” Ms Johnson announced as she began to pass the white sheets of paper out. All the seniors in the class groaned simultaneously.

 

“Alright you big babies,” Ms Johnson rolled her eyes, “You guys can do it with a partner. But I'm expecting nothing but the best from you guys.” Cheers erupted immediately and the sound of chair scrapping and sneakers squeaking filled the room.

 

Before I could even pull out a pencil I felt a presence plop down in the chair besides me. I didn't even need to look up to know who it was.

 

“Hey.” Joonmyeon greeted.

 

“Who said I wanted to be your partner?” I challenged, my heart beginning to pick up in speed.

 

“Is there someone you rather do this assignment with?” Joonmyeon pouted, “Oh c'mon Sora. I'm really not that bad am I? You can't spend the hour doing this with me? As I recall you had no problem spending five.” He shoved me playfully as he continued to feign a hurt expression on his face.

 

“Oh shut up.” I sighed. Joonmyeon shot me a victorious smile as he pulled the paper out of my hands t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter