SIX

Aurora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIX

 

 “I'm literally just going to take my own car.” I stubbornly crossed my arms and tapped my foot, glaring at the grinning handsome teen in front of me. Is he really expecting me to go along with this? This is just ridiculous. My eyes darted back and forth between his face and my car. “I do not have to accept a ride from you when I am perfectly capable of getting to school on my own.”

 

“Absolutely not, I will brand you a polar bear murderer if you try. Stop trying to pollute the Earth.” Joonmyeon raised an eyebrow, challenging me to run to my car. I bit my lip as I calculated the distance between my car and where I was. I was standing on the sidewalk in front of Joonmyeon's car as he blocked the passenger door, not letting me get in without his cheek kiss. I stared longingly at my red mini cooper in the drive way.

 

“I will drag you back if you try, Sora.” He dared me. “Save the earth. Save the polar bears. Stop climate change. Stop driving, let's carpool.” With a huff and a groan I leaned over to quickly press my lips against his cheek.

 

“Now was that so hard?” His smile spread even larger as he stepped aside, opening the door for me.

 

I mumbled some incoherent words in frustration as I plopped into the black leather seat. Joonmyeon simply whistled and closed the car door. He jogged over to the driver's side and slid in smoothly, a satisfied and victorious grin plastered on his face.

 

“I'm just playing by the rules baby, I won fair and square yesterday.” He pushed his black ray bans up before starting the car. “I'm just making sure you abide by the rules so I don't get cheated out of my very hard work.”

 

“You're too much, Kim Joonmyeon.” I sighed, strapping on my seat belt, “And you are definitely too early.” I glanced at the clock on the dashboard, there was still a good forty minutes left until we had to get to school.

 

“To be honest, I thought you would put up more of a fight so I played it safe and came early. Didn't have anything else to do.”

 

“It seems like I always give into you anyways.” I mumbled. “Totally not fair.” I needed to stop being so gullible.

 

“Because sometimes I just have to coax you into playing fair or doing things that would be beneficial to you.” He explained, “You need to live life a little more. Relax.”

 

“I've been this way for eighteen years, what are you going to do about it?”
 

“Don't be so anxious, Sora. Just enjoy the ride.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What not Starbucks today?” I wondered out loud as we pulled up into the parking lot of Pete's Coffee.


“I was in the mood for something stronger today, more expresso. Starbucks is good for anything you add sugar to, but when you need a real pick-me-up, Pete's is your guy.” Joonmyeon pulled into a parking spot and jumped out of the car.

 

“After you.” He smiled, opening my door for me. I ran my fingers through my wavy hair and walked into the store, Joonmyeon right at my trail.

 

“Why don't you sit down, I'll order.”

 

“Will you ever let me pay?” I raised an eyebrow, making my way over to one of the booths. He shot me a look, one that read: Are you crazy? Before turning his attention back to the barista at the counter.

 

After sliding into the booth and getting comfortable I began to look around the store. It was only about 7:30AM so there was a lot of people sitting around, getting coffee before work or school.

 

That's when I finally noticed everyone's eyes on Joonmyeon, who was obliviously waiting for our coffees by the pick up station. With his clean look and cool aura it was no wonder every female was gawking at my boyf- I mean date. No, he's not my date. My friend(?).

 

I shook my head, shaking out the absurd thoughts that ran throughout my mind. I then folded my arms onto the table and buried my face into them.

 

“Oh my god Jessica, look at that fine guy over there?” A high pitch voice screeched from behind me.

 

“Where?” Jessica responded curiously. I heard her fumbled around to look around the store.

 

“Right there, by the pick up station. He's wearing the denim button up with the sleeves rolled up and black pants.”

 

“Wow, what's he doing here all alone?” Jessica purred, “Do you think he's still in high school?”

 

“Hell no.” Her friend responded, “He definitely looks mature. I think I saw him coming in from the Mercedes Benz. And oh god, check out his watch. A rolex? His daddy must own something huge.” I frowned as I continued to listen to the two airheads. That's when I realized that Joonmyeon probably did have a lot of money, something that never crossed my mind. It never really mattered to me.

 

“Rich too? Oh my, I think I have to get me some of that. I am definitely in need of a new bag.” I could hear the sigh in her voice.

 

“What about your boyfriend, Tyler?” Her friend whined, “Jeez Jessica, you always have to get all the guys. Why don't you just stick to one? He's got money too.”

 

“Because I can. It's more fun to play around.”

 

Okay that is enough. I brought my head up and whipped my head backwards, glaring at the two girls in the booth behind me.

 

“Excuse me, but that guy over there,” I my thumb over at Joonmyeon, “Is not available. Especially not to cheating, pathethic, snobby, gold diggers.” I flashed her a fake smile as I watched their jaws drop down to their designer shoes.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“You heard me loud and clear.” I stated, feeling a bit more confident and territorial than usual, “He is off limits, not that you had a chance in the first place.”

 

“Who the hell are you?” The blonde screeched. I opened my mouth but nothing came out, my confidence faltering exponentially. What was I? I had no right to be so possessive over him. We weren't datin-

 

“The rich guy standing by the pick up counter's girlfriend.” Joonmyeon interrupted, answering for me.

 

I looked up to find a slightly annoyed Joonmyeon staring down the girls. His face was calm but I could see the fire behind his eyes. He had on a taut smile and his eyebrow was slightly lifted. He was polite yet cold, definitely business.

 

“Oh, you heard us?” The girl began to blush, obviously embarrassed at being caught.

 

“Sora wasn't wrong at all.” Joonmyeon wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer. “I am not into stuck up gold diggers.” He flashed the two girls a fake smile before pulling me away, one hand around my shoulders and one hand holding a tray of drinks.

 

I got into the car silently and Joonmyeon placed the tray of four drinks onto my lap before getting into the driver's side, slamming the door after him.

 

“God, I honestly hate girls like that. I ran away from New York to get away from girls like that.” He muttered in disgust, pushi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter