EIGHT

Aurora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EIGHT

 

“So, how was your date last night?” Lina casually asked as she sat down next to me in the cafeteria.

 

I narrowed my eyes at her. “How did you know about that?”

 

“Oh come on, everyone knows that you and Joonmyeon have a thing. He isn’t exactly subtle about it and this school is small. You never date anyone despite being undeniably attractive and he is the new, mysterious, hot transfer. It makes for great gossip and I have ears around this school.” She explained.

 

“Undeniably attractive?” I raised an eyebrow as I . “I didn’t know you swung that way, Lina. But sorry I’m only interested in guys.”

 

She shoved me and rolled her eyes. “You and I both know that if there were anyone you would go lesbian for, it would be me.”

 

“Nope sorry, that would be Angelina Jolie. Or Afterschool's Nana.” I stuck my tongue out playfully and threw my head back in laughter which she joined in immediately.

 

“Whoa, what is this talk about my future wife, Nana?” Kai interrupted as he plopped down into a chair at the table.

 

Lina and I exchanged looks. “Shut up Kai. We all know she’s out of your league. And your Korean .”

 

“Hurtful.” He pouted and placed his hand over his chest.

 

“By the way, where is Joonmyeon this morning?” Kai wondered. “I guess I spoke too soon when I said that we would be seeing a lot more of him and less of you. Speaking of which,” he turned to me and lifted up a thick eyebrow. “Why are you here?”

 

I glared at him. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“Just assumed you would be on a coffee run with Joonmyeon. Damn, I really needed the caffine.”

 

“Next time I go, I’m not bringing you any.”

 

“Oh so there will be a next time?” Lina probed. “Haha, I knew you liked him.”

 

“You guys just keep reminding me why I rather go with him then stay here with you losers.” I groaned, burying my face into my folded arms.

 

Lina poked me with her pen. “Hey, we’re just happy for you. And let us have our fun while we’re at it, I thought we would never be able to tease you about guys. I was half expecting you to go off to college and randomly come back with some guy saying you got hitched.”

 

“You think so highly of me.”

 

“Hey, I would still babysit your kids for free. That’s best friend stuff right there.”

 

“Okay that’s it.” I stood up. “I’m going to Calculus.” I grabbed my books and headed out of the cafeteria.

 

“You really are a ditz, did you not remember we have the first two classes together?” Lina caught up to me after throwing Kai a quick wave goodbye.















 

“And for the monopoly graph you must draw the ACT curve at the…”

 

I yawned as I half-paid attention to the economics lecture Ms. Johnson was giving. It probably was a bad idea to skip out on my daily coffee and I was clearly regretting it now. I leaned into my hand, propping my head up as I discreetly pulled my phone out of my bag. After casually creating a barricade of books in front of me, I decided to text Joonmyeon- who wasn’t in class.

 

 

 

To: Joonmyeon

Where are you?

 

 

 

I set my phone down and picked my pen back up, scribbling down notes. A few moments later my phone buzzed.

 

 

 

From: Joonmyeon

Aw, miss me already? <3

 

 

 

I scoffed as I began to type back a reply. What was I even expecting from him?

 

 

 

To: Joonmyeon

No way, I was wondering why my day was going so smoothly

 

 

 

 

 

From: Joonmeyon

But you admit you were still thinking about me ;)

 

 

 

“I hate him.” I quietly grumbled to myself, deciding to ignore his text and return to the lesson.

 

 

 

From: Joonmyeon

But it’s okay. I was thinking about you too. I’ll see you tomorrow morning.

 

 

 

A blush fell over my cheeks immediately and I quickly shut my phone off. I felt a small spread over my lips as I looked back down at my notes, forcing myself to pay attention.





 

“Hey love.” Joonmyeon greeted as I got into his car. He looked as handsome as ever with a snapback, white fitted t-shirt, light denim jeans, and converse. He looked really casual and typical yet he still looked like a model.

 

“Love?” I narrowed my eyes at him as I put on my seatbelt.

 

He pouted. “You don’t like it? I thought girls like pet names.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Just start the engine.”

 

“I’m going to take that as you do like them.” He grinned, pulling out of my driveway.

 

“We match today.” I pointed out casually as we made our way down to a nearby coffee shop.


“Oh?” He briefly glanced at my outfit before returning his attention back to the road. “Oh we do. That’s cute huh?” He smiled. “Is this what people call ‘Relationship Goals’?”

 

I lightly shoved him and rolled my eyes. “We’re not in a relationship.” But it was true, I had on a nice white dress and light denim jacket and converse. I mentally cringed, we must look like we came straight out of a Korean fashion magazine.

 

“Then why are you already abusing me? Are you a husband beater? Should I be concerned and leave while I still can?”

 

“Shut up and drive.”

 

“Is either a song by Rihanna or verbal abuse.” He called back. “I will hope you mean the first one.”










 

“So where the heck were you yesterday?” I questioned, sipping on my ice coffee as Joonmyeon drove us back to school.

 

“Something came up at home with my parents back in New York. They needed me to take care of something for them while they were out of the country. I wasn’t supposed to go to school together either but I missed your cute face too much.” He grinned and reached over to pinch my cheek, earning a frown from me.

 

“Ouch.” I shot him a look and rubbed my cheek.

 

“Don’t act like you didn’t miss this handsome face either.”

 

“So cocky.”

 

“It’s actually called confidence. And it is a fact that I have a nice face.”

 

“Oh my gosh, why do I hang out with you?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter