Public Lies

The Journey

It was already March 2009, almost a year after their first meeting as fake couple. Hyunjoong was still busy with his own thing and so did Hwangbo. But he made sure he watches every show that Hwangbo was in. Their questions were still the same “Are you dating Hyunjoong for real?” and she always denied. Hyunjoong laughed every time she laughed out loud while saying a definite no to those questions. “People should got out from we got married world. I am not dating him for real” she once said in a show while laughing. Hyunjoong always felt guilty every time she had to lie. As much as he wanted to say the truth, they just could not. There may be a lot of people supporting them to be together for real, but there are also a lot of crazy fan girls that oppose their relationship to the extent of hurting Hwangbo.

He did not want her to be hurt because of their relationship. He wanted them to be a real couple but it just would not work out. The only thing he could do was to disguise himself and secretly went to Hwangbo’s apartment or one of her friend’s who is kind enough to lend them their place. Mostly it would be Junjin’s place as he was the one who want to see Hwangbo happy more than anything. They could not hang out much because of their busy schedules.

“Spare your time for me please. I have a day off before the last filming starts.” He begged his lover on the phone. The person on the other line chuckled. “You don’t have to beg. I am more than willing to do that. But I will have to check my schedule too you know?” She said happily. Hyunjoong sighed; he did not like the joke. He was dying to see her, he missed her too much. “Okay okay, do not be upset now Hyunjoong-ah. I will meet you, see you at the dorm.” She hung up the phone just like that.

Hyunjoong walked to the living room and found the boys gathered there. Yongsaeng and Kyujong were watching TV, Hyungjoon was eating like crazy and Jungmin was browsing the internet. “Ah hyung, you have day off? That means Hwangbo noona is going to be here! DAEBAK!” hyungjoon screamed in happiness. Hwangbo was known to be close to Kyujong and Hyungjoon the most. As time goes by, she was able to captured Jungmin’s and Yongsaeng’s hearts too and soon become friendly to each other. Hyunjoong just waved. He sometimes felt that Hwangbo is not only his’ but s’ as well, he liked that and hated that fact at the same time. “I will prepare noraebang room for noona! I have missed her and her cooking and her cleaning and her jokes” Jungmin jokingly said. He knew that the eldest would surely be upset after he said those words. He was true as Hyunjoong gave him a death glare. Jungmin chuckled and walked to his room, preparing the noraebang for Hwangbo.

“KIDS! I’m here” hwangbo walked in to their dorm, she knew the password. Kyujong was the first one to run to her and greeted her with a big grin on his face. “I miss you!” He helped Hwangbo with her bags. “Whoa noona, are you going to move here? What’s with all the bags?” Yongsaeng helped her too. She just laughed; sometimes the boys are too silly. “Wouldn’t you guys be happy if I move in?” She jokingly said but all of them nodded. They would be more than thrilled if that happens. They love Hwangbo’s presence; she is like their 6th member. She took a seat beside Jungmin who was playing the Play Station. She was looking at Jungmin’s game seriously.

Just then Hyunjoong walked out of the bathroom and surprised to see Hwangbo sitting there, too immersed in the sight of Jungmin’s game. He then sat beside her, kissing her cheek. “EW! Don’t do that in front of us please!” Hyungjoon and Kyujong looked at them in disgusted look. “We are suffering enough here to see you guys being a lovey-dovey couple. There is no need to rub salt on our wounds you know. We are lonely” Yongsaeng added and walked to his room, did not want to see another actions of the couple.

Hyungjoon and Hwanbo chatted happily, gaining envious looks from the rest of the members. “YAH! Let’s just get out of here. Seriously they might kiss each other’s lips soon” Jungmin instructed the boys and they all agreed. The couple looked like they need some time alone, just the two of them. “Noona, Hyung, We are going out. Enjoy your time here. But please, please, please, do not do ANYTHING WEIRD or out of line IN MY ROOM. JEBAL!” Hyungjoon gave his last warning and chased after the rest of the boys.

Hyunjoong leaned closer to kiss Hwangbo’s head. “Did you change your shampoo?” he asked a total random question. He was actually very nervous. It was their first time alone, with no cameras, no PDs, no members, no one; just them, in a house. Hwangbo glanced over him, did not realize that he was sweating hard. She smelled her own hair and shook her head. “I don’t think it smells different. I did not change my shampoo and I just washed my hair yesterday so there is no way that it smells bad already” She sniffed again. Hyunjoong laughed, Hwangbo sometimes could be so innocent.  “I lied, you smell nice and I miss that scent of yours.” He said while tighten his hug. Hwangbo held his hands, she missed this warmth too.

“Was it hard? Lying in front of everybody about us?” He asked, concerned about Hwangbo’s feeling. Hwangbo shook her head. “No, I am getting used to it. It is okay for me as long as we are together for real. No one needs to know.” She gave him a warm beam. He knew she always act tough but she was actually fragile. She was afraid of getting hurt and did not dare to have high expectations from their relationship. Hyunjoong gave her a bitter smile, knowing her real feeling. As she got older she wanted to have a safe relationship; the one that will lead to a happy marriage. Instead, she was stuck in a relationship with a boy, who is 6 years younger than her; that means she has to wait for him to become mature.

“I am sorry. I wish we can admit it to public. I really want to, but the company restrained me from doing so” He sighed. Hwangbo understood well enough and she did not want to be a burden in his already hectic life. “Hey, I never ask anything from you, have I? I am happy enough to be here with you and I can keep doing this, just this, for some years ahead, as long as I am with you” She comforted him. He was glowing in an instant upon hearing her words. He leaned forward. “That is why I love you so much. I love you too much, it is crazy.” He said reaching for her lips. She closed her eyes as he kissed her. Soon their kiss deepens, pouring out their feeling for each other without saying a single word.