Chapter 21

Just Four Words, Say It and I'm Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"What happened to Huang Technologies?"

 

"Apparently President Wu, Huang Technologies is closed to bankruptcy now since Vic Huang, their vice president robbed their company and the Huang's cannot do something to stop their stocks from plummeting unless they resort to merging but I wonder if there would still be a company willing to help them in that kind of state. And we all know merging is both an internal and external affairs. They couldn't just picked one company and merge with it."

 

Kris sighed as he wondered how Zitao took all of this. But he doesnt know if the latter knew about the state of their company since knowing President Huang perhaps he didn't told his son about this news. Last time he checked, Tao is staying at University of California and after 3 years he still didn't come back in Korea even once

 

'After three years, did you get over me Zitao? I guess you did.. but here I am.. I am still hopelessly in love with you..'

 

Kris rubbed his forehead as his mind lingers with Tao's memories. He knew none of this would happened if back then he just confessed to the younger man how much he loved him too. But he also knew no matter how much he regrets nothing would changed now except for the fact he can never fall in love again unless it is Zitao.. his Huang Zitao..

 

"Mr. Chan, send someone to Huang Technologies now"

"Yes, Sir"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The ride towards the hospital would not take long but for Zitao it seems that it was the longest ride of his life. Time had given birth to uncertainty and fear. The fear of losing his father. He was informed by Mr. Jung that his father was on a stable condition right now but has not woken up yet after he collapsed three days ago. He closed his eyes shut as he prayed for his father well-being when he suddenly felt something warm enclosed his left hand. He slowly looked down to see Sehun's holding his hand and giving him a reassuring smile.

 

"Don't worry yourself too much baby"

 

"Sehun.."

 

"Your father will be fine..", Sehun said as he took a small glance at him and continue driving. Zitao let out a long sighed as he wished that Sehun was right

 

 

The moment Zitao stepped inside the hospital premises there's a cold sweat begins to formed in his foreword. They went to the reception area and asked for his father room and theybwere directed to room 511. He reluctantly pressed the button of the elevator but Sehun volunteered to pressed the 5th floor button. The whole lift ride is filled with silence and all Zitao could hear is the irregular and fast beating of his heart. When the lift opens both of them stepped outside and searched for the room of his father.

 

As they turned left Zitao noticed that Sehun was not beside him. Knitting his eyebrows and wonders where Sehun did go he began to walked backwards. Turning right towards the north wing he could see Sehun standing in the middle of the hallway while looking at the direction of morgue.

 

"Sehun?"

 

He watched as Sehun slightly jumped and looked at him immediately, "Zitao.."

 

He walked towards Sehun and he started to get worried when he saw a glint of sadness crossed his lover's eyes, "What's wrong?"

 

Sehun moved coser to him and held his hand, "There's nothing wrong. I just remember something. Let's go?"

 

Zitao wanted to asked Sehun further but by the looked of it probably his lover wanted to keep it on himself. What's wrong with him?

 

 

He bit his lower lip as he turned the knob of the door and the moment it opened he could see his father lying on a hospital bed wearing an oxygen mask and other medical equipments attached to his body. Walking closer, Zitao could easily recognized that his father lost a lot of weight and he looked terribly pale and sick. Guilt quickly formed inside Zitao as he slowly held his father's head and brought it to his face. He bit his lower lip harder as he tried to suppressed a sob wanting to escape from his mouth the moment he entered the hospital room.

 

"I am sorry, dad.. I am sorry. I am not here when you need me.. You need to go through this alone.. I am sorry"

 

 

 

Silence filled the room and Zitao couldn't do anything but to watched and wait for his father to woke up. He looked at Sehun and frowned when Sehun is not in his usual self ever since he found him standing in the hallway a while ago, "Sehun?"

 

No response. Zitao tried to call again for his lover's name but he also get the same response. "Sehun are you alright", he asked as he touched Sehun's shoulder this time. Sehun slightly flinched and looked at him, "Huh?"

 

"I am asking if you're alright. I am calling you for sometimes now but you are spacing out.."

 

"I-i am fine.."

 

"Your quite a bad liar you know. Tell me what's wrong? What is it something to do with—"

 

"My parents."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I just remember about them. When I saw the sign of the funerary, the night they died crossed my mind. The night I came rushing to the hospital hoping they are just in one of the hospital rooms resting but I was directed into a morgue. Every stepped I made brought wave of fears to my body. The moment a stepped outside the morgue my knees began to weaken. But I still hope for the best. That they were all mistaken and my parents is still— but no. When I lifted the white fabric covering two bodies.. I—"

 

"Sshh.. It's okey Sehun..", he said as he pulled Sehun towards him. It hurts him so much to see Sehun like that. Sehun's always been the one stronger than him. Sehun is the one who always looks for him. But everytime his parents involve Sehun always breakdowns. And Zitao hated himself for being insensitive about it. He shouldn't let his lover joined him.

 

"They're gone Zitao. I couldn't believe it.. It hurts. It hurts like hell. Why they need to die? Why?"

 

"Sehun.."

 

Sehun raised his head and looked at him directly, "You are the only one left to me, Zitao. You are only one I've got now. Please don't leave me.."

 

Zitao cupped Sehun's face as he planted a soft kissed in his lips, "I won't"

 

Afterwards, he felt something heavy in his shoulders and there he saw Sehun is now soundly sleeping beside him. He let out a small smile as he watch his lover's sleep.

 

"Goodnight, Sehun", with that he let sleep take over his system

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Z-zitao.."

 

A faint voice awoken up Zitao from his sleep and the moment he opened his eyes he could see his father offering him a soft but weak smile. He hurriedly stands up from his seat and go towards his father, "Dad!"

 

"Z-zitao y-your back.."

 

He felt a stab of guilt inside his body as he continue to watched the difficulty of his father even with just talking. The thoughts of his father in pain is enough for him to breakdown but no. He needed to be strong for his father. "Dad.. Yes, I'm back.."

 

"It's g-good to s-see you again.."

 

He took the sit beside his father bed and grabbed again his hand, "Ssh. Dad, please don't talked to much.. I am so glad you are awake now.. I've been worried to death when I learned about you and the company.."

 

His father let out a faint smile, "I'm sorry.."

 

"Dad.. Why didn't you—"

 

"Zitao?", a husky voice from behind interrupted him and when he turns around he could see Sehun's awake

 

"Oh. Who is this handsome man, Zitao?", his father asks the moment he noticed Sehun

 

He smiled as he stood up and walked towards Sehun. He then held Sehun's hand and pulled him closer to his father hospital bed, "He is Sehun. My boyfriend"

 

"So you really have a boyfriend. I thought you are joking around me when you said you've finally got yourself a boyfriend," his father looked at Sehun's direction, "Sehun right?"

 

"Ah yes, good evening President Huang. I'm Oh Sehun. It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir"

 

Zitao couldn't help but to giggle the way Sehun formally introduced himself to his father. His boyfriend is so cute every time he is nervous. He moved closer to Sehun and whispered, "You don't have to be nervous. Just relax, okay?"

 

"I—i.."

 

"My son is right. And you don't have to call me President Huang or Sir. Dad, you could call me now Dad"

 

"D-dad? But—"

 

"it would be better if you call me Dad. We are now a family after all.."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter