Invitation

Wolf School

 

 

Part 48

Chen stood outside the door to Kris’s dorm. He had been such an idiot, running out like that. Just when they were making headway Chanyeol had made him feel so guilty about it. He had to apologise to him. He hadn’t been able to find him anywhere all day and he didn’t want to completely throw him away.

He raised his hand to knock but didn’t. His teeth found his bottom lip and began to worry it. What if Kris had been avoiding him on purpose? What if he thought he was playing games and was mad at him now?

“Chen?”

He jumped and spun around to find Tao standing nearby. He looked surprised to see him and strangely flushed, like he had run there.

“H-hi. I-I came to s-see Kris, is he…”

“Oh,” Tao interrupted him. He swallowed tightly and looked down. He tried to slip past Chen seeming to shrink in on himself like he was trying not to touch him.

“Are you ok?”

“I’m just not… feeling too well.”

“You look really hot,” Chen worried. “I think you’re sick.”

Tao looked up at him then, his eyes dark as they roved up his body. Something in that look made Chen shiver.

“T-Tao?”

There was a whimpery growl in the other boy’s throat and then he somehow had Chen pressed against the wall, his hands either side of his head to block his escape. A scent caught his nose.

“Are you in heat?”

“I don’t know.” He sounded breathless, needy. “Maybe.”

He was leaning in, eyelashes fluttering. The scent washed over Chen and for a second he imagined that he wouldn’t mind kissing Tao. He had a nice mouth after all. He pushed the idea away in alarm and reached behind himself to bang on the door loudly.

Tao was still gazing up and down his body, barely holding himself in check, when the door opened and they both fell backwards. The taller boy landed on him heavily and Chen scrambled to get away, pretending he hadn’t heard the low, pleased moan his movements caused.

“What the hell’s going on?”

Chen leapt to his feet and made sure there was plenty of distance between himself and Tao before replying.

“He’s in heat.”

Kris looked at Tao in alarm as the boy stood. The dark lust in his gaze had disappeared and he looked shaky and uncertain now. “Kris,” he whimpered.

Immediately Kris took his maknae into his arms and let him nuzzle against his neck. Tao breathed in his scent with closed eyes and moaned in appreciation. Chen wanted to look away but somehow couldn’t.

“It’s ok, baby,” Kris soothed as he his back. “I’ll take care of you.”

He caught Chen pouting a little as he watched them and tried to explain. “It’s his first time,” he said. “You know what it’s like.”

Chen’s toes curled tightly at the memory. The feel of Baekhyun’s mouth against his own, the grind of his hips, the lack of control.

“I came to say sorry,” he blurted, “about this morning. Chanyeol just made me panic and we hadn’t really talked about things. I’m not messing you around, promise.”

Kris shivered as Tao’s warm mouth found his neck. He gently eased him away. “Look, I have to take care of Tao right now, ok? I’ll call you later.”

Chen felt the frown on his face but did nothing to hide it. “I’m really sorry,” he said quietly.

“I know.” Kris struggled to keep Tao’s hands in a decent place where he wouldn’t anything too inappropriate. “Can we talk about this later? I sort of have my hands full right now.”

“Yeah, sure, sorry.”

He shuffled over to the door and returned the tight smile Kris gave him as he wrapped his arms around Tao. He shut the door on the sight of Tao trying to run his hands below his waist again.

 

As soon as Chen dragged his feet through the front door of his own dorm Chanyeol was on him.

“Where have you been? You’ve been gone for hours, we were worried about you.”

“Shut up!” Chen snapped. He hadn’t realised that he was so angry until right then but he couldn’t seem to find it in himself to regret his words, even when Chanyeol flinched like he had been slapped.

“You’re not my pack,” he said forcefully, “and you’re not my alpha either so stop acting like it.” He stomped off to his room, too angry to feel ashamed, and threw himself down on the bed.

It was less than five minutes before the door opened just enough for Baekhyun to slip through the gap. Chen pouted and purposely kept looking at the far wall.

“Hey,” said Baekhyun softly as he took a seat on the edge of the bed. “Chanyeol’s really upset at you talking to him that way.”

“Well it’s true.”

“He’s still your friend though. We both are.”

Chen shifted a little but said nothing.

“You were gone a long time. Were you with Kris again? We’re not telling you what to do with him. Chanyeol was just worried this morning when we realised you hadn’t come home and sometimes he says things without thinking.”

Chen knew that. He knew all of that and a big part of him liked how much his friends took care of him. God knows he couldn’t take care of himself. He was going to change that though.

“I went to see Kris,” he admitted softly, “but he was busy. Tao was in heat.”

“Oh?” Then realisation dawned on Baekhyun’s face. “Oh! I see! Well, he’s an alpha, you know? So he has to look after his pack and bond with them and all that stuff.”

“I know,” whispered Chen, “but I still don’t like seeing it. I mean, maybe it would be different if we had…”

“You haven’t slept with him yet?”

Chen shook his head. His cheeks were burning. They should have. Would have by now if he hadn’t been bitten.

“That’s ok.” Baekhyun patted his leg. “Don’t worry about it. He’s crazy about you so it’ll all be fine.”

Chen couldn’t help but smile a little. He liked that idea even if it felt like it wasn’t completely true.

“Can you please not be mad at us for worrying about you?” asked Baekhyun. He pulled his cutest puppy dog expression and flopped across Chen to give him a hug.

“Ok,” Chen agreed with a smile. “I’m sorry.”

Baekhyun nuzzled his hair and then pulled back with a confused smile. “You smell like outside.”

“I went for a walk… to clear my head.”

He sniffed again. “You smell like the woods. You shouldn’t go out there in the dark, it can be dangerous by yourself.”

Chen fought the urge to roll his eyes though part of him secretly liked his friend’s protectiveness. He agreed to what Baekhyun had said but silently added that it wouldn’t stop him from going out again. After all, he had to get his shifting under control and he didn’t have Suho to help him anymore. He didn’t want to be a burden anymore. He wanted to be just like the others. Maybe one day he could surprise Kris with it once he could shift at will.

He didn’t tell any of that to Baekhyun though. He would just worry more and that was the last thing Chen wanted.

 

Sehun jumped, startled, when Suho pulled out his headphone and lay down on the bed beside him.

“Hyung, you almost gave me a heart attack.” He switched off the music and removed his other headphone. Suho smiled at him sweetly as if their relationship hadn’t been strained since he caught him and Lay together.

“So,” he said dragging out the word, “Kris found me at lunch today.”

“Oh?” Sehun looked wary. He hoped this was something about Lay but at the same time maybe it would be better if it wasn’t.

“He invited us all to his birthday party this weekend.”

Sehun didn’t dare answer. He knew Suho would have said no. Or at least said that he couldn’t go. Or maybe that he couldn’t go if Lay was going to be there. He watched as his alpha looked down and picked at the blankets.

“I said we would go.”

“Really!?” Sehun almost knocked him off the bed in his hurry to hug him. “Oh, hyung, thank you so much.”

“Woah, woah, easy! It’s not that simple. I know Lay’s going to be there and I can’t stop you from seeing him but I can’t lock you up forever either.”

“I promise I’ll be good.” Sehun’s brown eyes were earnest. “I just want to see him.”

Suho kissed his forehead, letting the moment linger as he composed himself. He loved seeing the maknae happy but Sehun had no idea had hard this was for him.

“You know how I feel about you,” he whispered. “Everyone else always had some to take care of them or they could look after themselves. You were the only one that needed me and now it feels like you don’t either.”

“Hyung,” Sehun breathed, shocked, “I’ll always need you. This isn’t about not needing you or not wanting you it’s just…”

“You love him?”

He nodded.

Suho sighed. “Don’t go sneaking off at the party. I hate how much you’ve lied to me lately, it’s not like you. I need to know I can trust you.”

Sehun nodded and snuggled closer. “Thank you, hyung. I’ll do whatever you say, I promise.”

Suho his hair and held the younger wolf in his arms. “You’re a good puppy,” he whispered, unable to keep a small bittersweet smile of his face.

 

 

 

OMG I didn't realise how long it had been since I last updated this. I'm so sorry *grovels at your feet* Please forgive me.

Suho's being nicer though right? Anyway, fun things always happen at parties like last tim when Kkai hooked up with Taemin ;-P

Please comment, subscribe, upvote and all that stuff.

xoxo