First Date

Wolf School

ing and ChenRis everywhere. Urgh, I need to make this thing y soon. It's driving me crazy already.

Chapter 4

Lay wandered down the corridor, heading vaguely towards his next class. He was so glad it was Friday afternoon. The sooner last lesson was over with the better. He saw Tao up ahead and decided to make a detour.

“Hey, Taozi.” His friend gave him an irritated look at him using the nickname that peach when he was talking to a friend, though the likelihood of him understanding mandarin was small. Lay smiled at the other boy and his mouth dropped open. It was the boy from the other day, Sehun.

“Hi,” he said with a shy little wave.

“Oh, Lay this is Sehun. Sehun this is Lay, from my pack.”

Sehun smiled and looked down.

“We already met,” said Lay.

“What? When?”

“We just bumped into each other the other day,” he said. “Literally.”

“I was in a hurry and I knocked him over,” said Sehun quickly. His cheeks were already quite pink and it made Lay want to blush too. He hadn’t expected to see the other boy again, let alone find out he was friends with Tao.

“Such a klutz.” Tao rolled his eyes. “You must have really been in a hurry.”

“I… erm…”

“He was feeling sick,” said Lay, jumping in to save him. “I healed him a little.”

Tao turned back to his friend but didn’t see the thankful look Sehun shot at Lay. Just then the bell rang and Lay almost sighed out loud. He wanted to stay and talk some more.

“,” Tao groaned, “we have history now. What have you got?”

“Biology.”

“I’d rather have that than history,” said Sehun in what was probably the longest sentence Lay had heard from him.

“Do you have Mr Park?”

“Yeah, and I’m pretty much failing.” He pulled a face and Lay laughed.

“I had him too. He does make everything ten times more boring, right?”

Tao’s eyebrows furrowed. He wasn’t sure he had ever heard Lay say anything bad about a teacher before, even if it was a pretty light insult.

“I can help you out if you need any help. I did ok in that class.”

“Really? It wouldn’t be any trouble?” Sehun tried not to look too eager.

“Sure. Tao can give you my number. Just call when you’re free, ok?”

Sehun nodded. “Great, thanks.”

Ignoring the confused look on his pack mate’s face, Lay quickly said goodbye and left. He resisted the urge to look over his shoulder as he walked away. Sehun was a cute kid and he couldn’t lie, he had calmed down his heat to make himself resist him more than anything, but this tutoring thing was just about making friends. Sehun had a pack and so did he. He just wanted to help him out, that was all.

 

“What’s going on?” Lay asked when he returned to the dorm on Saturday afternoon to find Tao and Luhan leaning against the wall outside the bathroom. He pulled out his headphones as he went to join them. He had just been for a run.

“Kris has a date,” said Tao. He didn’t sound happy about it at all.

“It’s not a date,” Kris called from the bathroom.

“Then why are you fussing over your hair so much?”

“He always fusses over his hair,” said Luhan.

Lay looked at them curiously. Who the hell was Kris dating? Didn’t the pack satisfy his urges well enough?

“He’s going to see a movie with Jongdae,” said Luhan.

“Which we weren’t invited to,” Tao complained, “which makes it a date.”

Kris emerged from the bathroom, looking damn good for someone who apparently wasn't going on a date. He didn’t even bother to look at them as he went past and grabbed his wallet and keys. “I’m just being friendly,” he insisted. “He doesn’t have a pack anyway so it wouldn’t matter if I was dating him, which I’m not, since he doesn’t belong to anyone else.”

“Which base do you think you’ll get to on this not-a-date?” Luhan asked cheekily. He only just managed to dodge Kris’s hand as he grabbed from him.

“Do you want me to sleep in Tao and Luhan’s room just in case you decide to have a sleepover?” Lay couldn’t help himself. Sehun had texted ten minutes earlier to arrange their first tutoring session and he was in a good mood.

“I hate you all,” said Kris grabbing his jacket and heading for the door. Their laughter echoed behind him as he shut the door more loudly than necessary.

 

The movie had been good. Jongdae had laughed so many times and as they walked home he couldn’t stop talking and repeating bits of it. He didn’t even flinch when Kris slipped his arm over his shoulders. Kris didn’t talk as much, he watched instead. Jongdae was beautiful when he was laughing and enjoying himself. He hadn’t seen this side to him before.

They turned into the school grounds, only a few minutes from the dorms now. Damn, their evening was almost over.  He remembered his pack mates teasing him and felt his stomach tighten. Would Jongdae be willing, if he tried…?

The other boy was still talking. He turned to look up at Kris, just before they reached the front door. Kris stopped, gazing down at him, having completely missed what he was just saying. Jongdae smiled up at him, his eyes twinkling happily, and Kris decided to throw caution to the wind. He leant down and captured Jongdae’s mouth with his own.

For a second he felt his surprise and then the boy relaxed into his kiss. A hand clutched the front of his shirt, the other wrapping around his waist, and it was all Kris could do not to push him against the wall and take him right then and there.

They moaned softly against each other’s mouths as they kissed and Jongdae’s lips parted as soon as Kris asked them to. He was so willing and pliant. Somehow Kris managed to remember that they hadn’t even known each other for a week and eased off (though it took a great effort).

He pulled back slightly, just far enough to see the dreamy look Jongdae was giving him. God, he really could have had him right then if he wanted. He doubted the boy was going to stop him. With self-control that amazed even himself, Kris pulled back a little further and said, “We should do this again sometime.”

Jongdae smiled widely and nodded. “I would really like that.”

Kris kissed his cheek because he didn’t trust himself to touch his mouth again and be able to stop. “It’s a date.”