In Heat

Wolf School

Omg, it's so easy to make Heechul appear and cause all the time. Yay for Sehun though. That jerk is making me find him so attractive lately.

Chapter 2

Jongdae had woken up in Kris’s bed the next morning, stiff and sore but not feeling as bad as he had thought he would.  Kris had slept on the floor which Jongdae felt terrible about but he had been unconscious before they even entered the dorm. When he woke up in the morning the rest of the dorm was already up and making breakfast so he shyly dragged himself out of bed, his stomach making him move more than anything.

Kris looked up brightly when Jongdae entered and invited him to sit down, pushing some breakfast in front of him. “How are you feeling?”

“O-ok,” he said. Kris had told him his name on the way back, before Jongdae had fallen asleep. He hadn’t remembered in the dark just how good looking the other boy was so he looked down at his plate rather than watching Kris run a hand through his thick blonde hair.

“Lay healed you last night,” he said. “He has some healing powers.”

Jongdae looked up surprised just as another boy walked in, smiling at him. He had cute dimples and look friendly enough that Jongdae managed to smile back. “Healing powers?” He knew some wolves had healing powers but he had never met one before, not even in such a big school.

Lay looked at him shyly. “Only a little,” he said. “I’m still working them out.”

It was only then that Jongdae realised his eye wasn’t swollen shut like he had expected it to be and he wondered how much worse he would have felt if it weren’t for Kris and Lay. “Thank you,” he said genuinely.

Kris smiled and it was hard for him to swallow his food.

“We have first lesson together today,” Lay told him as he passed by to get a drink.

“We do?”

He nodded.

“Lay will keep an eye on you in case you need any more healing,” said Kris. Jongdae had already suspected that he was this pack’s alpha but the way he decided without consulting his pack member confirmed it.

“I’ll be ok,” he said.

Kris just nodded. “Make sure you have enough to eat, it’ll help you feel better. He said it wasn’t just the fight that exhausted you. You need to eat more.”

Jongdae thought it was sweet that he called what had happened last night a fight. He had been too scared to fight back. He never knew what the wolf inside him was going to do and it was better to just take the beating sometimes. Anyway, he deserved it. They were right; He didn’t have a pack and he couldn’t control his wolf, something nine year olds could usually do. His hadn’t even shown up until he was fifteen.

“I… erm… I’ve had a cold,” he lied. “I guess I’ve missed a few meals.” Truth was, when he got back to his empty dorm after school he just didn’t feel like eating well most of the time.

“Ok,” said Kris, standing up, “you finish breakfast. I’m going to get dressed.”

He stood up and Jongdae found that he had only been wearing his bowers under his shirt. He blinked and looked back down at his plate, suddenly fascinated by his breakfast.

 

Luhan bent over to check his boots, tying the laces again for the fiftieth time. He had never been so nervous before playing soccer before. At his old school he had made the team easily. He would have been top scorer last season if he hadn’t had to leave before the end to come to Korea. But there he had been the only wolf on the team so maybe that gave him an edge. He had been watching the school team play since last season and he was worried by how good some of the players were.

“Hi,” said someone coming up behind him.

Luhan looked up as he spun around. “Oh, h-hi.”

“I’m Minseok,” said the boy, bowing to him. Luhan bowed back. “But you can call me Xiumin.”

“Xiumin? Are you Chinese?”

“Oh, no, it’s just a name I was given when I did an exchange programme in Shanghai. There used to be another Minseok on the team so they used that instead. Guess it kind of stuck.”

Luhan smiled as the other boy laughed nervously. “I’m Luhan,” he said.

“Yeah, I know. We have a couple classes together. I’m glad you’re trying out.”

, they had classes together? He hadn’t even remembered. Now he must seem like a complete jerk. Before he could say anything to redeem himself in Xiumin’s eyes, the captain called them all to gather around. Luhan made his way to the front, looking eager. He wanted to play on the school team so badly but he knew there weren’t many places.

The captain ran them through some drills and then split them into little five-a-side teams for some practice games.  Luhan was embarrassed to find that Xiumin was already on the team and just there to help out. He had come to watch them enough since he arrived in Korea. Why had he not recognised him?

He scored twice for his team and won them their match (which had to be a good thing right?) and he saw Xiumin smiling at him from the sidelines quite a few times. He had a great smile, one that made his eyes crinkle up and almost disappear.  Once Luhan was so busy smiling back at him that he almost stumbled and fell. Cheeks burning red, he made himself focus on the game again.

“Hey,” Xiumin said, hurrying to catch up with him as they trailed back inside, “you did really well.”

“Th-thanks.” Luhan wondered if he was this nice to everyone or if he really had impressed him that much.

“Xiuminnie!”

They both turned to see a small group had formed outside the changing rooms. Luhan recognised them, mostly. He had heard they were the Exo pack but they didn’t have much strength in the school yet. There had been some talk last year about Kai and Kyungsoo being a couple though. People had been surprised but looking at them now, Kai’s arm comfortably around Kyungsoo’s shoulders, he thought they seemed happy enough.

“I’ll see you in class tomorrow.” Xiumin was still smiling and it made Luhan smile back while he nodded. Well, at least he had maybe made a new friend. And maybe Xiumin would put in a good word for him to get on the team.

 

Sehun trembled. , not now, he thought. He should have known. He had been feeling all hot and flushed since first lesson but he had convinced himself that he was just feeling unwell. He hadn’t been in heat for almost three months so maybe he had just forgotten what it felt like.

He whimpered, lowering his head and trying to take deep breaths. God, three months. It was going to be hell after three months. A growl left his throat.

Managing to think clearly enough to pull out him phone, he speed-dialled Suho. “Come on, come on, come on,” he whispered. His alpha would come and get him, make sure he got home safe and then they could take care of the pressure building up in his veins. God, he wanted someone on their knees in front of him so much right now. He shook his head to clear it just as his call went to voicemail.

Sehun cursed. Kai and Kyungsoo were with him. He called them each but got nothing. Damn it, those bastards. Why weren’t they answering? They were probably making out somewhere, grinding up against each other, each other’s names. Sehun shook his head again.

Xiumin would still be at soccer practice, Baekhyun was in detention like an idiot and Chanyeol wasn’t even at the school, he was visiting his family. Sehun whined and pulled open the cubicle door, stepping out into the bathroom. At least school had finished an hour ago and he should be able to get out without anyone seeing him and sensing his heat. He hoped.

Taking a deep breath, he walked over to the sink and splashed some cold water on his face. It wasn’t a long way back to the dorm. He could make it. And Baekhyun would just have to work out where he had gone instead of waiting for him to get out of his stupid detention. Idiot.

Sehun had barely straightened up when the door opened and his eyes went wide.A little growl rumbled in Heechul’s throat as he stopped dead. His eyes roved over Sehun and in an instant he recognised that the boy was in heat.

Damn it, Sehun thought. Why did it have to be him? It wasn’t like he hadn’t fantasised about him before. He fought back a whimper.

“Hello, little puppy.” Heechul stalked towards him, a glint in his eye, and Sehun hated that his body trembled in anticipation. “Looks like you might need my help with something.”