viii.

My Online Boyfriend

"Lian!"

 

My head naturally whipped around to the name  I'd grown so responsive to, but once I had I almost wished I hadn't.

 

"Lian! Lian! Lian!" Suzy screeched, charging down the corridor towards me.

 

I shut my eyes, bracing myself for the impact but surprisingly it didn't come.  When I opened my eyes I had to chuckle at the sight of Suzy's head tucked under Luhan's arm and Tao standing protectively in front of me. 

 

It was amazing how life could change so suddenly.

 

Just a month ago I'd been used to Suzy tackling me against the school lockers and now I had grown accustomed to having someone preventing the attack. I gave a grateful look to Tao before trotting towards Suzy who was now reprimanding Luhan for manhandling her.

 

"What?" I grinned, lightly tapping my book against her forehead.

 

She turned to me, her face registering the realisation that she still had something to tell me. "Chanyeol's been looking for you. Something about the math test?"

 

"Oh ! I forgot!" I quickly shut my locker, slinging my bag over my shoulder before running down the hallway.

 

That was another thing that had changed. Chanyeol had been tutoring me during lunch times and although the conversations were majorly concerning school work, I had to admit we'd grown rather close. He had asked me if I wanted to come for an hour after school today so we could revise for the math exam tomorrow but it had completely slipped my mind.

 

I felt a vibration against my and immediately made note to stop placing my phone in the back pocket of my uniform. Nevertheless I pulled out my phone, a grin forming when I realised who had messaged me.

 

That had been the biggest change. Yifan and I had exchanged numbers.

 

I still preferred talking to him online but he normally only texted me when he wanted me to go online. It was surprising to receive a message from him midday but its contents wasn't anything out of the norm.

 

ONLINE AT 5?

 

I typed out a quick reply just as I turned the corner to the library. I was slightly breathless when I found Chanyeol's copper head amongst the empty desks but he didn't fail to make me smile when he clumsily knocked over his pencil case, causing everything to sprawl all over the floor.

 

"Oh you're here." He grinned goofily as I helped him gather his stuff.

 

"Sorry I'm late. I kind of...forgot."

 

He shook his head as if to tell me not to worry about it before pulling out the chair opposite his.  I blushed- something that hadn't changed- and sat down, unpacking my textbook.  It was still kind of awkward being alone with him but school normally managed to make time pass faster.

 

I hadn't even noticed how fast the time had passed until the closing gates bell sounded just as Chanyeol finished explaining the last sum. My eyes widened and he seemed to register the same thought since we hurriedly packed our bags, racing towards the exit.

 

"." He cursed, slamming his palms against the gates, making them rattle.

 

I pulled out my phone, silently cursing at the 13 missed calls. It was only 5pm but since I'd told Suzy I'd be back by 4, her overreacting was to be expected.

 

"You okay to climb?" Chanyeol asked worriedly.

 

I smirked inwardly. People had a habit of assuming I was rather fragile. To prove a point, I leapt up, managing to capture the edge of the gate before swinging my leg over to hoist myself up and over.  I heard clapping from below and threw Chanyeol a cheeky smile, biting the inside of my cheek as I jumped down.

 

"Which way?" He asked, dusting off his hands. I pointed my finger to the right but before I could bid goodbye, knowing Chanyeol lived in the other direction, he followed my gesture. When he noticed I wasn't following, he turned back to me, "Well? Aren't you coming?"

 

"You don't have to trouble yours-"

 

"I want to and I wasn't asking."

 

I smiled, accepting his offer. It was rather late and I appreciated the sentiment.  I hated being a burden to people which was why I tended to gravitate to pushy people like Suzy- because they wouldn't take no as an answer.

 

"So how do you know those guys?"

 

I cocked my head to the side curiously.

 

"The exchange students." He coughed awkwardly and I blinked in surprise. His ears had reddened and I couldn't imagine why he was shy to ask a question like that.

 

"They're friends of Suzy." I explained, kicking aside a rock that was blocking my path.

 

My reply seemed to please him because the topic had suddenly become lighter and we'd found ourselves talking about monkeys and pineapples.

 

"Right! Finally someone who understands." I giggled but my amusement faded when I began to pick up faint bickering from our street.

 

It was enough of a clue for me to remember that Chanyeol couldn't find out the boys lived with us. It wasn't a problem when I'd given them a heads up so that they could all hide in their rooms but since they didn't know I was with Chanyeol there was a high likelihood of getting busted.

 

I couldn't even pretend I lived somewhere else since he had seen my house before. I mentally prayed for no one to pop outside, stopping a good few paces away from the door as I waved goodbye.

 

Chanyeol nodded, "Well good luck for the test tomorrow and if you need anything, you have my number." He reminded me as if I'd ever forget the first guy to have given me his number so boldly.

 

I watched him disappear into the distance before walking inside, resting my back against the door in relief.

 

I heard footsteps in front of me followed by Xiumin's voice yelling, "Lian's home!" I didn't even get the chance to glare at him because the stampede had caught all my senses.

 

"Lian. You. ." Suzy growled, bringing a nostalgic pang as she tackled me to the floor.

 

 

 

"You okay?"

 

I dropped the arm that had been rubbing my sore head (aftermath of Suzy's attack), to look up at Kris. He had obviously just gotten out of the shower because he was roughly running a towel through his hair.

 

"You'll damage your hair like that." I found myself saying, my eyes trained on his hair. He had rather nice hair. It looked really soft and I could imagine it feeling soft too.

 

He raised a bushy brow, "Then how should I do it?"

 

I wasn't sure what he meant but he gave me the idea when he extended the towel towards me.  I flushed, looking away whilst plucking up my courage and taking the towel.

 

He sat down on one of the chairs at the dining table, gesturing for me to go ahead.

 

I was rather hesitant but I lightly ran my hand over his head.

 

I was right. It is soft.

 

 

 

 

KRIS POV.

 

I felt my eyes closing as she towel dried my hair.  It was an odd feeling. I usually hated people getting too close but it felt nice to have someone dry my hair. I couldn't recall someone ever doing it for me.

 

My back suddenly stiffened.

 

It was a motherly act- so it was only natural that I wouldn't have experienced it.

 

My eyes flitted over to the wall clock and I suddenly recalled why I had come out to check on her in the first place.

 

"Dang. It's already past 5." I sighed, trying to peek up to see if my indirect reminder had stirred something in her memory. Thankfully, it worked.

 

"Oh god!" She dropped the towel in shock, bowing to me in apology before handing me the towel and racing up stairs.

 

I grinned, jogging back to my room to greet her on the other side.

 

 

LILI [30/10 05:22PM]: I'm so sorry! I lost track of time ^^;

 

 

Lost track of time? From what I'd heard her and Chanyeol had been revising together. I still couldn't understand why she couldn't study with us but I guess she didn't know that we were good at academics (I mean we're friends of Suzy's so that only leads to one assumption). I'd just have to show her in the test tomorrow.

 

DRAGON_YIFAN [30/10 05:23PM]: Heard you have a test tomorrow? Good Luck.

LILI [30/10 05:23PM]: Yeah. Thanks, I'm feeling kind of confident ahah

DRAGON_YIFAN [30/10 05:24PM]: Thanks to a certain lover boy?

LILI [30/10 05:25PM]: Shut up.

LILI [30/10 05:25PM]: He's not my lover boy!

LILI [30/10 05:25PM]: But no actually. I just have this weird premonition that things are going to take a turn for the better

 

 

Turn for the better?

 

DRAGON_YIFAN [30/10 05:26PM]: Are you dating lover boy?

 


I felt my breathing pause momentarily. I had decided not to ask her about it so why had my fingers moved so impulsively?

 

LILI [30/10 05:27PM]: Who? Chanyeol?
LILI [30/10 05:27PM]: WHAT. NO! Why would you even- no!

 

So they weren't dating? She doesn't like him?

 

LILI [30/10 05:29PM]: I still can't even look at him in the eyes for more than 3 seconds. How could I ever date him?
LILI [30/10 05:29PM]: I'm not ready for that..

 

Oh. So she does like him.

 

I found myself grimacing at the thought. She deserved better than him.


LILI [30/10 05:30PM]: But that's okay because I have you :P

 

I wanted to tell her not to think like that but I couldn't wipe the grin off of my face. It was true. She did have me. There was no need to interpret it romantically.

 

 

"Hey! Kris, What do you want to do for your birthday?"
 

I managed to smack down my laptop screen just before Suzy slammed the door open.

 

"God dammit is knocking really so hard?" I hissed, trying to regain the years that had just shaved off of my life.

 

Suzy shot me a meek grin before launching herself onto my bed. I quickly sent Lian a message through my phone browser, knowing that since Suzy was making herself comfortable, this would take a while.

 

"I tell you every year. Birthdays aren't that significant for me."

 

I could tell my answer frustrated her because she sat up. "Can we at least have a small party?"

 

I shook my head stubbornly. I didn't want everyone to make a big deal about it

 

"Well I don't know if you've heard but Chanyeol's birthday is in November too and from what I heard he's planning on having a huge party."

 

"You're point being?" I tapped my hand against the table impatiently, knowing Lian would be wondering where I'd gone. My eyes flickered to the door in some hope that it would compel Suzy to leave.

 

"My point," She enunciated, "Is that Lian puts a hell of an effort into birthdays."

 

I blinked in surprise. What did that have to do with anything? Somehow I felt like she was dropping a hint and yet I didn't care enough to pick up on it since she shot me a wink before bounding out of the room. Immediately I opened my screen, praying Lian hadn't left. 

 

 

 

 

 

Authors Note:
I'm sooooo sorry for the Hiatus
I was just so wrapped up in life ahah you know how it gets but I promise to be faster with updates now xx
Thankyou to Exolover2206 and slushiehenryexo612 for upvoting <3