iii.

My Online Boyfriend

The weeks started to fly by and it made me happy to think that Suzy would be back today.

I had gone to a couple more study sessions with Chanyeol and his friends (of course always dragging Min, Jia or Fei with me) and I could tell I was becoming more accustomed to their presence despite the fact that I still blushed frequently whenever we held conversations. I also finally passed my holiday classes thanks to Chanyeol. He had given me his number, stating it was strictly for 'study purposes' but I still hadn't called him. Mostly because I had no reason to. 

Yifan and I still spoke almost everyday. Sometimes I'd be awake until 2am messaging him which he'd reprimand me for saying "I know I'm a riot to talk to but you seriously need to stabilise your sleeping patterns". We had continued with our 'relationship' and I had to admit it was rather thrilling, having a secret 'boyfriend' to go home to. He was really cheesy and celebrated every day as our daily anniversary but it was fun. Apparently Suzy was mad at me because I spoke to him more than I spoke to her- which I blamed on her for never coming online.

I tapped my shoes together, staring at my new converse idly as I sat alone in the waiting area. I knew the others were busy so I assured them I'd be alright picking Suzy up on my own. It wasn't long before a familiar pace of running sounded in my ear, accompanied with the dramatic call of "LIANNNNNNNNNN". 

I gave the girl a tight hug which she returned just as happily.

"Oh my god Ahn! I missed you like crazy!"

"I missed you too Bae. Next time you leave, let's go together." I nodded. I'd made that resolve a while ago and I planned to stick to it. Suzy agreed. 

"But Li, you've lost at least 10 pounds! What happened?" She frowned, squishing my cheeks together and manoeuvering my face in different angles to analyse the damage.

"Welsh itsh uft farlt fo leabing mi wish no pood. (Well its your fault for leaving me with no food)" 

Suzy released my face and clucked her tongue. "Well anyway, I had something to tell you."

I halted, turning to face her. I knew that voice all too well. "What did you do?"

"Well you know how you said you've been getting less awkward around guys and now you can look at them while you talk to them?"

I furrowed my brows, not liking the direction of this conversation.

"Well to help you improve even more...6ofmymalefriendswillbestayingwithusuntiltheyearends! Aren't you happy?" She beamed.

"Repeat. Slowly."

"Okay well some of my friends from China have to complete high school here to get into Seoul university and I figured they'd save money if they stayed with us. Besides, aren't you always saying the house is too big for us?"

"Suzy! I know you're reckless but 6 males! What do you think people will say about us!"

"Since when did you ever care about what people thought." She pointed out. Good point, well made.

"But still...Suzy! Isn't that kind of...dangerous?"

She burst into laughter, making me pout. "Trust me Lili, these guys have known me for years and they wouldn't try anything on us. It's just until the year ends because they'll start boarding when they get into university. Plus they can cook!"

I sighed, knowing I'd already lost the argument. "When are they coming?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Suzy!"

 

LILI [18/10 08:54AM]: Kill me now.

DRAGON_YIFAN [18/10 08:55AM]: What's up, princess?

LILI [18/10 08:55AM]: Suzy's up. Apparently we're going to be living with 6 guys now.

DRAGON_YIFAN [18/10 08:56AM]: Sounds believable knowing Suzy.
DRAGON_YIFAN [18/10 08:56AM]: But don't worry. I'm sure everything will be alright.

LILI [18/10 08:58AM]: Oh yeah, you're her friend too. Do you know them?

DRAGON_YIFAN [18/10 08:58AM]: Yeah you could say that. 

LILI [18/10 08:59AM]: Are they nice guys?

DRAGON_YIFAN [18/10 09:01AM]: They're good people. You don't need to be scared of them.
DRAGON_YIFAN [18/10 09:01AM]: Doesn't mean you can go cheating on me though babe.

LILI [18/10 09:03AM]: Shut up.

 

I finally smiled. Yifan always made light of situations. It was part of the reason I always felt so much better after talking to him. I spoke to him for a couple minutes longer until he had to go. Apparently he wouldn't be on until tomorrow because of some day trip or something but I understood. He had a life outside of the internet the same as me.

Suzy and I spent the day tidying up the spare rooms for the guests. The dust itself spoke of how abandoned the rooms had been.

"There's only 3 spare rooms though. Will they be okay pairing up?"

Suzy snorted, "They spent their high school living in a 2 bedroom apartment so this will be luxury Li."

My mouth formed into an 'o' shape as comprehension swept over me. I was brought up so spoilt that sometimes I forgot how hard other people had it. 

After a tiring day, the two of us collapsed onto my bed, too tired to eat. "So, I hear you've been getting close to Chanyeol lately." Suzy rolled onto her side, giving me a knowing smile. "Jia told me." She explained before I could ask.

"He's nice." I lamely stated, unsure what to say. He'd helped me study but I didn't think that classified as us 'getting close' so I wasn't sure how to answer her.

"Of course he's nice. He's been in love with you for like 3 years!" She chortled. I reached over her and slapped her arm.

"You shouldn't laugh. People's feelings aren't something for amusement." Suzy shut up immediately. She probably thought that was ironic coming from me who thought love was rather shallow and temperamental. 

 

 

The next day Suzy skipped school to pick up her friends. School was boring, considering the fact that Suzy was the only one in my ring of friends that was in my class. Supplementary classes hadn't been too bad since Chanyeol had set it his life goal to ensure I had fun in them.

I had completely forgot he also happened to be in my class, along with Kai and Sehun. 

"Where's your friend?" Chanyeol asked, sliding into Suzy's seat before the class started.

"Suzy? She's sick today." I lied, knowing that if someone heard she was cutting again, she'd more than likely land another detention.

He nodded but I noticed his gaze flickering towards me nervously, as if he wanted to ask me something.

"What?" I prompted, staring up at him with my eyes round of curiosity.

"Is it...alright if I sit here then?"

I smiled, suddenly washed with relief. He'd been nervous for nothing and it managed to make me nervous.

"I'd like that."

 

 

"Hi. I'm Ahn Lian, it's nice to meet you all." I bowed.

They were tall.

That was the first thing I noticed. Followed by the fact that they were ridiculously good looking. I could have sworn they had all just jumped out of a manga.

The boys returned the gesture, taking turns with their introductions.

"I'm Tao. It's nice to meet you Lili." He had dark eyes that were kind of intimidating but he let off a friendly aura that told me he wasn't a scary person. I shot daggers at Suzy at the sound of his nickname but she shrugged innocently.

"I'm Luhan. I've heard alot from Suzy about you." This one was absolutely gorgeous. He had large eyes like Bambi and cute floppy blonde hair that he kept blowing on to keep out of his face. 

"You guys are taking too long!" Suzy frowned impatiently, "That's Xiumin, Chen, Lay and Kris." She finished, pointing her fingers at the respective males.

I giggled as their faces fell to be cut off by Suzy.

"Anyway, now that we're done with introductions why don't we play some truth or dare to get to know each other better?" She smirked and the blood drained away from my face. Playing truth or dare with Suzy was never a good idea.

 

 

KRIS POV.

She was really pretty in person.

Suzy had shown me a photo (or rather I'd seen it whilst raiding through her phone) and I'd known she was pretty but it was a lot more iridescent in person. Her dark hair cascaded towards her shoulders before fading into a dip dye red. It suited her. She had large eyes too. Pretty.

Somehow I found myself sitting on the floor with the others, lined in a circle as Suzy prepared the bottle for truth or dare. How she'd gotten me to agree to this still gobsmacked me. I was beside Luhan and Chen, facing Lian who was clearly uncomfortable by how close Tao was sitting. Thankfully Lay had noticed and scooted over for her to shift closer to his side. 

When Suzy returned, after dimming the lights for no apparent reason, she held an old glass bottle and placed it on the floor in the middle of us before taking a seat in the gap between Chen and I. We were all familiar with the rules but Suzy still felt the need to go through them.

"Whoever it lands on gets to spin for the next round and decide the truth/dare for the next person."

We all nodded, the room thick with suspense. Going first was always the worst. 

 

 

After a few rounds, Lay was stuck in a swan position, Xiumin was wearing a tutu and a bra whilst Tao was still silently weeping after being forced to tell the story of his first love.

I wasn't particularly tuned into the game until the bottle landed on Lian.

"Truth or dare?" Suzy asked wickedly.

I kind of pitied her. Of all the people that could have spun, she ended up with Suzy deciding her fate.

"Dare." She answered timidly. 

I raised my brows, impressed. She didn't strike me as a 'dare' type of girl. That definitely meant she had something to hide.

"I dare you to sit on Kris's lap for the duration of this game."

Clearly the shock was too much to conceal since her jaw was suspended in air. The others immediately chorused their complaints of that being "Unfair" and "Why Kris?" but I was too dazed to react. I narrowed my eyes at Suzy who secretly sent me a wink. 

To topple my shock, Lian stood and moved towards me. She must really have something to hide if she's that deadset on not choosing truth.

I knew she was still rather awkward by the way she shuffled uncomfortably in front of me before finding my eyes. 

"Is it...alright with you?"

I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from grinning. So that's what she was worried about. Of course, I had no problem with it. I leaned back and gestured for her to go ahead.

Tentatively, she lightly placed herself in the diamond of my crossed legs. 

I noticed that she leaned forward to avoid leaning into my back. She was probably worried I'd get uncomfortable. Slyly, I intentionally kicked my legs forward so she'd lose balance and topple back into me. She blushed furiously whilst trying to straighten her but I gripped her arm, whispering "Relax."

She looked at me and I sent her a small smile, noting the tension seemed to ease away as she refocused herself to the game. Reaching forward, she spun the bottle.

My attention was still on the girl wedged between my thighs, until I looked up noting that the bottle was facing me.

"Do I spin again? It's facing me." Lian frowned.

The other snickered but she still didn't seem to understand so I coughed awkwardly from beside her ear and she abruptly turned with a loud "oh!".

"Truth or Dare?" She asked, careful not to turn towards me since our faces would be inches apart.

"Truth." I answered distractedly. She kept squirming in my lap and it was beginning to become a problem.

"Um well then...who was your first girlfriend?"