The Foolish Games We Play

Exploding Hearts

Pairing: Nicole + G-Dragon

---

"Jiyong, you know my Korean name is Yongjoo? So in English, your name would be like G-Dragon, and mine would be like Dragon ball!" she laughed at herself.

"Yah, Nicole. Why don't you go tell you're other friends over there." Jiyong pointed in the direction of the other people in their class.

"Ok! Good Idea!" she skipped away to the group.

He let out a sigh of relief. They have been in the same class since their freshman year and she had always treated him as his friend yet, Jiyong didn't want her as his friend. It wasn't particularly just her, it was the rest of the high school too. He was always alone at school and he liked it that way. He didn't want foolish people to get in the way of his want to become a successful rapper. 

Out of all the students, Nicole was the only one to approach the dark aura surrounding Jiyong. She had always been the social butterfly of their high school, but for Jiyong she was the most foolish at their school. She was always confused over the smallest thing, she tripped over nothing, and she always befriended those who betrayed her.

---

"Hey Jiyong!" Nicole greeted him after school. "Where are you going?"

"To hang out with my friends." he said, and left her behind.

Everyday after school, Jiyong would make his way to the underground to practice his raps, and hang with his friends, the ones that shared the same dream as his own. They related in the fact that all of their families opposed the idea of them becoming either rappers, singers, or dancers despite their talents.

"Hey Jiyong!"  Youngbae, another member of the underground called out to him.  "What are you going to call yourself when you become big? Like a stage name."

"Hmm.." Jiyong never thought of it before. "I don't  know."

"I've already got mine, it's CL." Chaerin said, sitting close to Jiyong. The whole underground knew about her crush on him, and everyone also knew Jiyong wasn't interested. "It's my initials, so maybe you could call yourself something like JK, for Jiyong Kwon." she smiled.

"JK?" Jiyong finally spoke. "Like the acronym for 'just kidding'?" he laughed. "Yeah, people are definitely going to take me seriously with that name." He said sarcastically.

Everyone in the underground  laughed. "Anyway, I have to go pick up my little sister from the after school program now. It's a Tuesday." He said goodbye and was off.

---

When he walked in to his sister's elementary school, he was surprised to see his sister talking to none other than Jung Nicole.

"Unnie!" he saw his sister tugging Nicole's  leg. "Look at my drawing!"

"Wow! It's really pretty!" Nicole bent down, looking just as happy as the little girl showing of her drawing.

"What are you doing here?" Jiyong spoke up.

"Oh? I work here...what are you doing here?"

"Oppa!" the little girl ran to Jiyong as he bent down to lift her. "You know Nicole Unnie?!" the little girl said in his arms.

"We go to the same school!" Nicole responded for him excitingly.

"Really?!" her eyes lit up. "Oppa, can we stay and play with unnie for a while..please." she pleaded.

"Sure." Jiyong could never say no to his sister.

Nicole and Jiyong sat on a nearby bench watching the kids in the after school program play on the playground.

He cleared his throat. "So...when did you start working here?"

"A week ago..I didn't know Sumi was your sister."

"Yeah, well she is." he looked over to Nicole and noticed she seemed confused as usual.

He scoffed. "Why do you look so confused?" it was a simple statement, Sumi being his sister.

"Oh sorry," she scratched the back of her head and smiled. "I was just thinking how great it would be to have a younger sibling."

"Unnie, Oppa! Come play in the sandbox!" Sumi called.

"Let's go!" Nicole said, getting up from the bench.

"You can go..I'm  really not in the mood to do foolish things."

"Foolish things are happy things...You need to loosen up Jiyong." she said, dragging him to the sandbox. "What I like to do is pretend I'm at the beach playing in the sand." she smiled.

---

After all the kids in the after school program left, it was just Nicole, Jiyong, and Sumi.

"We'll walk you home..it's getting dark." Jiyong said, holding hands with Sumi.

"It's ok. Sumi must be tired. I'll see you tomorrow Jiyong." She said smiling.

Jiyong and Sumi took off in the opposite direction to their house.

"Oppa, Do you like Nicole Unnie?" Sumi spoke.

"No."

Why not?"

"Because she's a foolish girl."

"Oppa! Unnie isn't a fool, she's the smartest person ever! Even smarter than you oppa.."

---

The next day at school Jiyong kept his eyes on Nicole. He kept thinking why his sister said she was smarter than him. His sister usually thought he was the smartest person in the world. Why was it that his sister thought of that foolish girl so highly?

"Hey Jiyong!" Nicole greeted him after school.

"Hi." he waved shortly.

"Where are you going?"

"To hang with my friends..Are you going to work?" he asked.

"Nope!" she said. "Today's my day off."

"Ok. Bye." he started walking off in the direction of the underground. "Wait...Want to come?" he turned around back to Nicole.

He wanted to see how smart she really was. How she would handle hanging out with his friends. They weren't like the people that went to their school.

"Sure." she smiled and went along with him.

---

They entered the underground together and everyone started to stare at Nicole. Jiyong had never brought an outsider into the underground, while others have once or twice.

"Hey Jiyong..Who is this?" The first to greet them was Youngbae.

"I'm Jung Nicole, Jiyong's classmate." she smiled and held out her hand for him to shake.

Youngbae smiled back. "I'm Youngbae, Jiyong's friend. Jiyong has never brought anyone down here before, you must be special."

"Thanks!" Nicole said, while Jiyong blushed slightly.

She was introduced to the rest of the crew by Youngbae. Surprisingly, Nicole got along with all of then well, except for Chaerin, who took her usual seat by Jiyong.

"Is she your girlfriend?" CL asked.

"No." 

"Oh, so she's just a friend?"

"Y-yeah, I guess."

"You guess? If she's not your friend, why did you bring her here?"

"I-I don't really know."

"Hey Jiyong," Youngbae called out. "I think our Nicole here has a stage name for you! We all agreed it was a cool name."

"I don't think he likes it." Nicole said to the rest of the group.

"What is it?" Jiyong asked, thinking about when Youngbae started to call Nicole, our Nicole.

"G-Dragon." Youngbae answered.

Chaerin scoffed, thinking it was a stupid name.

"It's growing on me." Jiyong said. "It has a nice sound to it."

Nicole, like the rest of the group, smiled.

---

It was getting dark so Nicole and Jiyong decided to head home.

While Nicole was saying goodbye to everyone, Youngbae pulled Jiyong to the side.

"Everyone wants you to bring Nicole back... Do you like her?"

"No."

"Don't deny it, I saw you watching her the whole time."

"She's a foolish girl that plays foolish games."

"Sometimes the foolish things in life are the ones that make you the happiest." Youngbae said, right before Nicole came up to them.

"Bye Youngbae." she waved to him.

"See you Nicole! The nickname you gave to Jiyong was really cool, do you think you could make me one too?" Youngbae smiled. 

"Of course I'll give one to you next time I see you!" she said.

Jiyong and Nicole finally exited the underground.

They walked in silence until Jiyong finally spoke up. "I'll walk you home."

"Okay."

Again it was silent.

"Your friends are really nice, thanks for introducing them to me." she smiled.

"They seem to like you..." he said. "Thanks for my nickname by the way."

"You like it? G-Dragon." She laughed.

"Yeah, It's unique. Sumi will like it too, she seems to like everything you do."

"She's a good girl. Do you only pick her up once a week?" he nodded. "That explains why I didn't see you before."

"Why do you talk to me Nicole? None else at our school does, they all talk to me through you."

"Do I need a reason to be someone's friend?" She asked. "Actually, a lot of people at our school like you, especially the girls." she smiled.

"Is that so?"

"Yup. They keep asking me to introduce them to you, but you always seem busy writing your raps and stuff."

"You can tell them I'm not interested."

"Ok." she nodded. "I can tell that you're going to be famous. You're really good at rapping."

"Thanks." he smiled, then paused. "Do you want to play a foolish game with me Nicole?"

"Sure! Foolish things make me happy." she clapped her hands excitingly.

"Me too," he smiled. "but before we begin,  I have to ask you a question."

"Ok, shoot."

"Nicole, do you like me?"

"Yeah, you're a nice person." she smiled.

"No, babo," he came closer to her, close enough that Nicole could feel his breath on her lips. "Do you like me?"

Before she could even say anything, he crushed his lips onto hers. They stood there foolishly kissing in the middle of the sidewalk until Jiyong finally broke away.

"Let this foolish game of love begin then." he smiled, and leaned in for another kiss.

"Wait," she held out her hand to stop him. "Can our couple name be Jiyongjoo...get it? Like G-Dragon ball!" they both laughed.

"Babo." he said, before he kissed her for the second time.

---

The G-Cole one-shot finally posted for all you G-Cole lovers out there!

Hopefully it satisfies all of you..

Only one more pairing left, look out for it!

-HelloMisterTH-